Elder Scrolls Online

lIIlCompleXlIIl

Hey everyone! Today I'm going to talk a little bit about Elder Scrolls Online, or ESO. ESO is a fantasy mmorpg. Anyone who has played the previous titles (Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire and Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim) will find something to like in this title. It can be played as either PvE, or PvP based. (Though it is not very fast to level up strictly through PvP) The guild system in this game is pretty unique, especially when matched up with the Auction House/Trade Network system. A guild can hold 500 members, and as long as there's more then 10 members, you get a guild storage, and a guild store. You can sell items within your guild directly from the storage. Now, I'm not sure how frequent the "auction" of guild traders is, but I believe its every 2 tuesdays, a guild leader can take gold that has been donated to the guild, and try to "Rent" a guild trader. These act as the Auction Houses. There are many traders around most of the big cities, so picking a location is key to have non guild members seeing what is for sale. 

Anyway, I have been playing this game since before release, when Zenimax offered me a permanent Beta Key for testing. You can be a tank, dps, or healer. BUt, it isn't that straight forward. You can be a mage tank, or a sword and shield dps, etc etc. Basically, you can do whatever you like, as long as you have fun doing it. Is it the "best" way to make that build of a character? Probably not. Will you still be successful in PvP and PvE? Absolutely. The crafting system is pretty cool, and the achievements/trophies are fun to harvest. (Im a retired Trophy Whore for PSN)

So here's the question, how many of you, already own ESO, or have thought about getting it? And how many of you would be interested in joining an XDBX based guild? 

Edited by lIIlCompleXlIIl

• 2 months later...

I own it, but haven't loaded it yet.

Any game is better with friends, so when I get around to loading it I will look you up.

• 2 months later...

Didn't realize it popped on sale! Nice. I haven't been on much lately, I don't have anyone to play with anymore. The main people/Guild I played with were all originally from Destiny, and as most you know, Destiny is addicting, and eventually they all went back to that. My ESO + membership I think expired in July also. I would be more then willing to pick this up, especially for PvP purposes.

In PvP, its open world! Thats right, with a max of 22 players in a party. So we could all get together, go take over a castle, or meet up at the keep and jump some enemy! Anyway, still now and always interested in this game, let me know if anyone of you are jumping on! 

45 minutes ago, DeaD_GooN said:

@lIIlCompleXlIIl To my understanding it's not pay to play anymore. At least I hope that's the case. That's one of the reasons I decided to get it. 

That is right, got the game a while back but still playing fallout so not had time to get into it.

It's not pay to play, but better with eso +. 

So, what do you get as an ESO Plus member? Let’s go over the benefits:

• An allotment of crowns to spend in the new in-game Crown Store based on your membership period (more below)
  • Access to all of ESO’s downloadable content (or DLC) game packs for the duration of your membership
  • A 10% bonus to XP and gold gain, crafting research, and inspiration

They also now get a "crafters bag" that was added in last patch. This is the main reason I play with a sub now. It is additional storage, accessed by ALL your characters, that can hold an infinite amount of crafting materials.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing this pretty hard the last week or so. Absolutely addicted. Played for 20 hours straight yesterday.

I am in the Daggerfall clan, look me up if you are in Tamriel.

Level nothing, to 17 in less than a week. I built an Orc tank.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Whiteford99 said:

Been playing this pretty hard the last week or so. Absolutely addicted. Played for 20 hours straight yesterday.

I am in the Daggerfall clan, look me up if you are in Tamriel.

Level nothing, to 17 in less than a week. I built an Orc tank.

If you pull up guides, can actually go from level 1 to veteran ranks in a day :P but thats not doing quests, thats just a grind all. My first character I did quests, it is quite fun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ive started playing this again, pretty much got no idea what im doing for the most part and im stuck clearing a cave of some bitch spiders, but im kinda addicted to eso

• Like 2

nicolabellamy77.png

On 9/17/2016 at 0:15 AM, nicolabellamy77 said:

ive started playing this again, pretty much got no idea what im doing for the most part and im stuck clearing a cave of some bitch spiders, but im kinda addicted to eso

Pretty sure you probably chose Euro server to play on :(

I play on NA servers, my main character is on a different account though.

Ghost Pepper - Champion rank 104, Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf Templar who specializes in attack magika. Was going to respec this character to healer though. Basically, this character has now become my crafter, and I play on another toon mostly. PSN is different account. (Vampire - Bite Available.)

Dreams of Action - Level 31, Aldmeri Dominion, Khajiit Nightblade who specializes in dual wield and bows. This was my very first character on ESO after getting out of Beta. This character was/is going to be based around PVP. PSN is different account. (Werewolf - Bite Available.)

To play with crew/guild members, I would be interested in making a character on the account you all have grown to know and love. @nicolabellamy77 and @Whiteford99, do you play EU or NA servers, and which Alliance are you in? 

• Like 1

yeah i play on europe servers, my character is a level 17 dark elf, sorcerer, my alliance is daggerfall covenant, but tbh i have no idea what im doing lol

• Like 1

nicolabellamy77.png

8 hours ago, nicolabellamy77 said:

yeah i play on europe servers, my character is a level 17 dark elf, sorcerer, my alliance is daggerfall covenant, but tbh i have no idea what im doing lol

Should change to Na servers and I'll help you :P even create a new character with you. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Are there any XDBX GTA players who would like to try ESO? 

I'd be happy to help any new players give it a try, just send me a message via PSN.

We even have a XDBX guild you can join.

• Like 1

I loved Skyrim, think it's a fantastic game but just don't have the time to commit to something like ESO. Single player casual stuff I can forget about for months at a time but anything needed a regular online presence will struggle to get my time. 

• Like 2