http://rsg.ms/a2d674f

UAsvYG6.jpg

Its an automotive and a foot race combined. To reach CPs 5 and 15, you'll have to exit your car. Run through the CP, then get back into a car and race back across the dock. NO GUNS! It ruins the race!

GTA only race. 

Edited by Dodge

Dodgeservice.png

34 minutes ago, Beez said:

Sounds like fun. It makes me think of a pizza delivery race, each pizza delivery is a checkpoint you can only reach on foot.

33 minutes ago, Dodge said:

That could be interesting. 

First of, sorry to jack your thread. But wouldnt it be great to have creators create a "pizza delivery race" each and set up a one time event with the jobs? Maybe if Docking with Dodge works out good we could see about setting something up!?

• Like 3

Looks interesting.

Only problem with creating this kind of races, where you want players to get out of their vehicles, is testing them in the creator. You can't get out of the car during a creator test, so it needs to be possible to complete the track in the starting vehicle. That means you can't entirely prevent that to happen during actual play either. And you can't place CPs where it's not possible to get with a car/bike.

One way is to just save the track (without testing & publishing it), then you can do much much more. We could then organize an event with saved job(s), but would require the creators to participate&host as well.

One sort of tracks are cannonballs/triathlons, where you want CPs to be on an island for example (forcing players to swim). Totally impossible to test&publish, but the job can still be hosted by the creator and played by everyone.

Don't understand why creator doesnt just let you get out of your vehicle during the test. Oh the possibilities...

This one I overcame by using the Liberator to climb over the walls. OP as fuck...

But that is a definite issue to overcome. It will take some thinking. 

But, first things first, does this race work?

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Morbid curiosity made me click in here, docking means something quite different over here xD

Cool lookin map will check it out

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. I had a lot of fun playing it. I ran it with custom off-roaders and that may have not been the right call because some people chose the Liberator and some the Insurgent which gave them an advantage (in different ways). Any other class with custom would be fine I suspect. Maybe not custom sports because someone could choose the armored Karuma. Is it set to a single stock vehicle in some of the classes? What is the preferred class?

The armored Kuruma only takes one rocket to destroy so it using it shouldn't be an advantage.

I like this race. One of the FEW gta mode races that I have fun with.

It's an ok race IMO, good for a laugh. It's no secret to anyone that GTA races that can be spawn traps aren't my favs, but this is one of the better ones.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: