Uncharted 4

PapOiteE

Has anyone played the beta yet? I did and I like it a lot. I was wondering if those who played it are thinking about buying the game?? I might buy it.

This game is the only reason I even bought a PS4, so yeah, I'm gonna buy it.

Not really concerned about the online portion of the game. I play Uncharted for the excellent story lines and awesome Naughty Dog graphics.

Soon, GTA V will be on the back burner for a while.

• Like 2

I've been playing the multiplayer and it's awesome! I won't be getting the game straight away but I will be at some point since I loved all the other ones.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Love Uncharted but games are so damn expensive at release !

Will probably wait a few months before getting it. Like Sinister, I'll buy it only for the story mode.

Just saw that the release date has been pushed to May. I hate how long it takes games to come out these days. Kinda ridiculous.

I've never played any of these games, but they do look interesting.

What is the multiplayer atmosphere like?  Do you create your own character?  Are there certain game modes?  Is it all PvE or does it have PvP as well?  Is it entirely open world?

I just tried the multiplayer and didn't really enjoy it. It's just like any third person deathmatch you've ever played from what I could see. Hopefully the story mode will be as good as it was on the previous versions, as thats what I'd be buying the game for.

• Like 2

Yep, the multiplayer in Uncharted is pretty shit. Always has been. Wish they would just focus on making a storymode as beautiful and thrilling as in Uncharted 2. 

• Like 2

Part 2 was the best in he series by far, also the hardest. That final battle on the highest setting was torture, lol.

For part 3 they dialed the difficulty way back and the story was flat. Still, I have high hopes for part 4. TLoU showed they can still deliver excellence. 

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to ordering this. Says it will download tomorrow and I have access at Midnight on the 10th. Can't wait. Even though it is not needed for me to enjoy the game I will try out the MP part. Hopefully I see some of you around on it :)

Edited by SINISTER120

On 7 May 2016 at 8:00 AM, Sinister said:

Finally got around to ordering this. Says it will download tomorrow and I have access at Midnight on the 10th. Can't wait. Even though it is not needed for me to enjoy the game I will try out the MP part. Hopefully I see some of you around on it :)

Just got it, I'll try and catch up with you online this weekend. 

Ok. I did the online introduction but have not tried anything on it. 

I am close to the half way point of the single player. It has been slow and more climbing around things rather than combat. The AI, LOVES their Grenades :(

If you guys still play Uncharted 4, hit me up. I'm not on GTA like I used to, but man do I love kicking people im their faces while they're crawling around.

A8FgB70.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished this game the other day and all I can really say is......I waited 5 years for THAT?

This game was a bigger let down to me than part 3. Very little combat, very little exploration. Entire chapters dedicated to walking around aimlessly and interacting with useless items. 

Of course they most likely scaled back the combat due to their insane enemy AI. One of my favorite parts of the first two games was the huge amount of combat. Figuring out where the enemies came from and slowly fighting your way through them was fun. Sure it was frustrating at times but winning was very fulfilling to me. I still fondly remember the night I got my platinum trophy for the first game.

For part 4 they took the "smarter" AI from The Last of Us and got it high on Meth. They also gave them an endless supply of perfectly thrown and landed Grenades. These enemies will come at you head on with guns blazing, 10 at a time.

The story was a garbled mess with the constant flash backs thanks to the inclusion of Drake's never, ever, ever, spoken of before, Brother. I agree with the one review I read that said he should have been left out of the game.

Subsequent playthroughs of the game will allow me to get a grasp on better dealing with the very few combat sections. Sadly though, I really have no desire to play the game again and that pisses me off.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 25/05/2016 at 4:36 AM, Sinister said:

Finished this game the other day and all I can really say is......I waited 5 years for THAT?

Finished it myself in december and I really enjoyed it. Felt like watching a big budget Hollywood movie. Could be bad for some people but it works for me.

I was like "wow, that's a cool sequence" several time. These games are very movie like, and I love these action sequence because they're over the top. Even if you know there are no stakes for Nathan, they're still very cool and good looking. Having played the previous 3 games, I was actually surprised that this directorial element still worked on me. Kudos for that.

The story is bit dull I'll give you that. Especially with the unknown dead brother who inexplicably comes back bla bla bla... That was lame but I always enjoyed the chemistry between Nate and Elena, and between Nate/Sully to a lesser extent. I thought it was a nice conclusion for this couple.

I also loved the exploration bits, the level design is very good in this serie, I love this aspect of the game.

The gunfights were a bit disappointing this episode, I agree with you. And the grenade accuracy is pissing me off ! Everytime I swear !

I also finished the spin off : The Lost Legacy. It was much shorter than the regular games and it happens only in one location (India). It's good because it feels more intimate and more precise but it lacks diversity because of that. A bit like Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation which was solely in Egypt (but my favorite in the original series). Also you don't really care about Chloe and Nadine Ross so that doesn't help this game.

Never bothered with online in any of these games though.

Hated the story line. Hated the lack of combat. Hated entire chapters being nothing but exploring a room or two. What combat there was was bugged, for me.

I love Uncharted. This game was the reason I went ps4. Was completely let down by this turd. Graphics were great but the rest sucked. It nearly spoiled my love for the series.

Never played it again and while I downloaded my expansion I have no desire to play it.

Edited by SINISTER120

9 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Never played it again and while I downloaded my expansion I have no desire to play it.

You probably shouldn't if you hated Uncharted 4 so much :lol:

• Like 1

Also. That damn whip/swing thing. Been using it ever since he was a child yet it was never used in the first 3 adventures, ugh.

I understand new things have to be added for freshness but.....

• Like 1