What's your fav breakfast?

JustHatched

Mine is  a 8oz Ribeye steak (cooked medium), hashbrowns, 2 scrambled eggs, white toast and Mt. Dew

2nd choice is ham and cheese omelette 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sinister

• JustHatched

• Pb76

• LN-MLB

Holy sh*t hatch.. I can only fit 1 slice of bread in me in the morning.

1 slice of bread with peanutbutter or a dutch thing called: hagelslag. Hagelslag is just small stuff of chocolate and its so freaking delicious

If someone else is cooking it then it has to be the traditional English breakfast, bacon (crispy for me), eggs, sausage, black pudding, beans, maybe hasbrowns (technically not English but they are often put on these days). However if I am making it myself then I do not have the patience to cook all that, so it would be a nice cup of tea with chocolate biscuits.

• Like 1

I rarely have breakfast, I don't really like eating during the day. If I do have something then it's usually a bacon sandwich (or a bacon sarnie for us brits)

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

Traditional english breakfast.

First time I had one was when I was a kid on a school trip to Canada. We were in Dawson City, Yukon and we had a huge breakfast in a small restaurant.

We had bacon, potatoes, sausage, toasts, eggs, orange juice, beans, the whole thing ! It was amazing.

When I was a teen and we went skiing, we would often stop at a restaurant on the highway for breakfast and I would choose an english breakfast.

Been a few years since I had one though.

That's way cool you've been to Dawson City!

My favorite is buttermilk pancakes with a side of sausage and coffee.

Everyday is 2 eggs scrambled and toast but I've been skipping the toast lately for less carbs.

1 hour ago, Hatch said:

Mine is  a 8oz Ribeye steak (cooked medium), hashbrowns, 2 scrambled eggs, white toast and Mt. Dew

2nd choice is ham and cheese omelette 

I've had steak breakfast before but thats usually about 4 or 5am after a heavy night of drinking. medium is way overcooked though!

I rarely eat breakfast since I have to get up so early, but I'm partial to pancakes or Swedish pancakes, eggs (prepared anyway--depending on my mood), bacon, sometimes sausage, toast, coffee, and orange juice.

I've never acquired a taste for beans, so I'd have to skip those.  Then again, I can't imagine eating a whole steak at that time of the morning either. :)

I have 2 slices of bread which have been browned on both sides by exposure to heat using our specially designed device for achieving the aforementioned browning (referred to as a 'toaster'), onto which I spread a thick layer (only on the uppermost side of each toasted bread slice though) of a paste made primarily from ground dry roasted peanuts, known as 'peanut butter' (crunchy, always crunchy). 

As an accompaniment to this, I always have a hot drink made by infusing the dried crushed leaves of the tea plant in boiling water, I don't have to fanny about with that infusing bollocks though, as someone invented the teabag.....a small porous sachet containing the previously mentioned dried crushed tea leaves (not the act of dunking one's scrotum into another person's mouth) which is bunged in a mug of boiling water (the water is boiled using an electrically powered metal heating jug known as a kettle), the boiling water in conjunction with some stirring (using a metal impliment which has a shallow oval on one end to rotate the liquid within the cup) creates the magical infusion required to flavour the hot water. I then add milk to this infusion to soften the slightly bitter taste that tea has. 

TL:DR......PB on toast, cup of tea.

just as a side note, I recently tried 'The Elvis' for the first time (PB on toast with banana and bacon) and despite it sounding vomit inducing, it was actually delicious.

• Like 2

I don't eat it very often, but my favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, fried potatoes with onions, and a glass of juice. Yum! Not at all good for you, and that's why I only indulge once in awhile. I also love gravy and biscuits...country gravy, not sausage gravy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beez said:

Ebelskivers! I have a cast iron pan that belonged to my grandma for making those.

I think I've had those, but Ebelskivers is Danish. ;):P

45 minutes ago, Pb76 said:

TL:DR......PB on toast, cup of tea.

just as a side note, I recently tried 'The Elvis' for the first time (PB on toast with banana and bacon) and despite it sounding vomit inducing, it was actually delicious.

Is that why you're named PB?

Also I'd check out Life, The Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams. He has a great description of tea making in that book!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Is that why you're named PB?

Also I'd check out Life, The Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams. He has a great description of tea making in that book!

Sheer coincidence that my initials are the same as my favourite foodstuff 

• Like 1

Usually don't eat breakfast if I do I'm off work and it's either a sandwich from a local fast food shop.  I do however love breakfast food and any time I go out to eat if they serve breakfast all day I will get some sort of special which includes eggs usually dippy or as others say over easy.  Pancakes hash Browns toast and bacon. 

I also love breakfast buffet which their really aren't many where I live now but growing up almost every restraunt had breakfast smorgasbord with scrambled eggs pancakes French toast donuts ect ect

• Like 1

Any combination of Eggs, Bacon, Sausage and Pancakes. Waffles are good. So are Omelets. Oatmeal. Various cereals. Grits. Cream of Wheat.

In short. Food. Food is my favorite. There isn't really much that I won't eat. 

I saw Steak mentioned. Yum. Medium is pretty much perfect for me. Sometimes medium rare. The cold chewy rare stuff makes me sick. Literally.

• Like 2

My favorite would be biscuits and gravy with an over medium egg and bacon....... However, that is very rare I eat that as I am still trying to lose weight. Normally for breakfast I have a banana with some iced coffee or some oatmeal

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Jesse just moved here yesterday so we had to make a full Scottish this morning (basic full English - bacon, link sausage, egg minus the mushrooms, tomato and beans) plus Stornaway black pudding, haggis, tattie scones and square sausage. Not sure where the hash browns come into it :lol:

image.jpeg

• Like 5

• 3 years later...

In rhe OP is still my fav though I rarley get all that. My Sunday morning tradition of about the last year and half is 2 eggs, a mess of hashbrowns, 8-12 sausage links and a bit of biscuits and gravy. I love breakfast.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: