Skydiving?

JustHatched

Have you ever been skydiving? What was it like if you have? And if you have not would you be willing to try it?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Never have, but I would be willing to try provided I was given a proper run down of how to do everything after jumping.

Had you asked me five years ago, I probably would have said "no way", but yeah, I'd definitely like to try it now.

I'm not really sure I'd be able to jump off from the plane, maybe if someone pushed me, I could do it. Same goes for the bungy jumping. Never even tried any though.

Even knowing it's safe and all and nothing bad will happen, there's some sort of fear that makes it extremely hard to do it for me.

Same goes even for just diving into the water/sea from a bigger height, it takes a while for me to combat that fear and actually do it, like jumping off a 10+ foot pier for example. I don't think I actually like the part when you're in the air. I prefer my feet touching the ground. :)

Guess I don't like jumping into the unknown, same pretty much goes for anything in life for me, I need to know what I'm getting myself into before I do anything.

• Like 1

No and no. I always have bad luck and it ofcourse would be lucky me if the parachute wont open etc.

Highest i've jumped from is from the top of a diving tower you also see with the professional divers. I think that around 10 metres??

Not a fan of heights either. But I would really like to try it. 

I had made plans to do so a couple of years ago, but then my friend who was a skydiver instructor and had offered to jump with me, died in an attempt to help a fellow skydiver whose parachute wouldn't open.

I really want to though the thought scares me.  But I am going to do it I think.  I am thinking for my 40th birthday coming up in a couple of years.  I do it no problem on GTA so how hard can it be? : SURPRISE :

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

I'm with DJ on this, my feet are staying firmly planted on the ground. I don't even like the long climb on rollercoasters although I'm fine once they start rolling. I have a friend whose an ex army paratrooper, he wants to do wingsuiting. That guy is crazy!

I have a fear of heights, but I have thought about doing it. I have learnt that the best way to overcome a fear is to face it head on, and what better way to face a fear of heights than to jump from a plane. I think I'd be shitting myself before I jumped, and possibly need a little push, but I think it'd be absolutely awesome.

6 hours ago, LN-MLB said:

Never have, but I would be willing to try provided I was given a proper run down of how to do everything after jumping.

I'd prefer the run down before I jump :P lol

• Like 2

I've done it, and I loved it! It was something I always wanted to do, then a couple co-workers and I set a date and made reservations. I knew I wasn't going to chicken out, though I was very nervous leading up to the morning of the jump. An awkward combination of excitement, and scared as hell. But we did it, and it was such an amazing rush.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2016 at 10:07 AM, zmurko said:

I'm not really sure I'd be able to jump off from the plane, maybe if someone pushed me, I could do it. Same goes for the bungy jumping. Never even tried any though.

Even knowing it's safe and all and nothing bad will happen, there's some sort of fear that makes it extremely hard to do it for me.

Same goes even for just diving into the water/sea from a bigger height, it takes a while for me to combat that fear and actually do it, like jumping off a 10+ foot pier for example. I don't think I actually like the part when you're in the air. I prefer my feet touching the ground. :)

Guess I don't like jumping into the unknown, same pretty much goes for anything in life for me, I need to know what I'm getting myself into before I do anything.

Well.....It's NOT safe. It's VERY dangerous. You can take all the precautions possible and still die or injure yourself.......or wish you were dead.

It is quite amazing though. Pick your school wisely! I have no idea if tandem is a requirement in any place, but I would never do it.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

On 18 February 2016 at 3:52 AM, Banketelli said:

I had made plans to do so a couple of years ago, but then my friend who was a skydiver instructor and had offered to jump with me, died in an attempt to help a fellow skydiver whose parachute wouldn't open.

Umm, wow. If that hasn't put you off, I don't know what will!

I'm actually rather surprised at people's answers. I have a fear of heights as well, not completely disabling but I feel nervous and get butterflies and sweat and stuff haha. I would love to go sky diving one day, I love anything that gets your blood pumping and heart racing. 

Strangely enough, I'm pretty certain I'll never go bungee jumping because you get a little too close to the ground and I can't imagine it would feel very nice being stopped by your legs. You're extremely high up skydiving so it feels a bit safer. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy haha.

Hopefully this isn't just me but playing video games stimulates me in a similar way to certain action sports once you get into it. Racing on gta is very fast paced and you become extremely alert and responsive just like you would if you were really doing it. That's probably part of the reason these games become so addicting because you get hooked on the rush and fast paced environment. Also bad for real life since it seems so slow and boring in comparison but I guess that's another topic :P

scottyb1988.jpg

Never done it but would like to try it. Being a Roller Coaster nut, this is the next logical step.

I have a friend in England that skydives, base jumps and everything else involving tossing ones crazy ass into a freefall. If I ever visit there, I will have him hook me up.

• Like 2

On Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Ddraig said:

I just don't understand why someone would jump out of a perfectly good plane.

?  There is no way I am getting my ugly ass into a plane to throw myself out of it. 

I think a fear (or respect) of heights is a natural survival instinct and part of our caveman brain. That's also why it's such an adrenaline rush and you feel so great if you live.

Most of you know I ride motorcycles so I'm not afraid of risky things but I don't think I could ever do skydiving or base jumping.

I don't have too much fear of heights as long as I feel safe. For example I don't mind working on the roof of my house but I hate having to be on a ladder.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2016 at 7:19 PM, ScottyB said:

Hopefully this isn't just me but playing video games stimulates me in a similar way to certain action sports once you get into it. Racing on gta is very fast paced and you become extremely alert and responsive just like you would if you were really doing it. That's probably part of the reason these games become so addicting because you get hooked on the rush and fast paced environment. Also bad for real life since it seems so slow and boring in comparison but I guess that's another topic :P

I just can't make myself focus as intensely nor do I feel the rush on GTA as I do when racing in real life.I'm pretty sure it's the lack of sensory input for myself. It's pretty similar to why I didn't "run and gun"  when I first joined the crew on death matches. It didn't make much sense to my brain.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

7 hours ago, zztop911 said:

I just can't make myself focus as intensely nor do I feel the rush on GTA as I do when racing in real life.I'm pretty sure it's the lack of sensory input for myself. It's pretty similar to why I didn't "run and gun"  when I first joined the crew on death matches. It didn't make much sense to my brain.

Haha yeah it's not going to be the same especially if you raced regularly but it does depend how focused and how much you get into the game. Virtual reality headsets should make things pretty intense once they're on the market!

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg