Do you use a suppressor?

Prodigy_Rocks_

I used to, but I don't. Recently I tried to use it again but I remembered why I stopped using it in the first place.

For me:

-feels like it has a slower bullet velocity

-lowered damage, and range

-feels like I'm hitting more body shots than heads

Do you use a suppressor?

Edited by Prodigy_Rocks_

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

I use a suppressor on every gun except the standard pistol (for the "kill yourself" option, otherwise I would use a suppressor on it too), and my sniper rifles. 

I don't notice much of a difference (aside from noise) when I don't use a suppressor. 

I have a gun in each class with a suppressor, for very particular situations, some death matches were stealth is important, etc. Usually chose the gun I use less as I hate the suppressed sound and crave maximum damage.

We very rarely play TDM's with owned weapons, do suppressors even make a difference? 

They decrease the amount of damage you do to the person you're shooting, however, suppressors are useful if you want to get a kill without showing up on the opposing teams mini-map as shooting without a suppressor would show you as a dot with every shot.

Edited by xChaosxSniperx19

They decrease the amount of damage you do to the person you're shooting, however, suppressors are useful if you want to get a kill without showing up on the opposing teams mini-map as shooting without a suppressor would show you as a dot with every shot.

This.

I have a gun in each class with suppressor equipped.

I used to use them on all my guns, now just my special carbine. It just seems time to kill is so much better without a suppressor. I didn't think it took that much damage away but when I took off the suppressors I thought it made a noticeable difference.

For Owned Weapon TDMs when I don't see Lester being spammed, yes.

For Owned Weapon TDMs when I see Lester being spammed, no.

For Free Roam lobbies, no.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Currently I only have them on the standard sniper for when we were doing heists.

I don't like the fact that they decrease damage.

Plus guns sound crap with supressors.  :)

• Like 1

May sound crap in the game but a real life Silencer is a beautiful thing.

Fired a .22 with one and all you heard was the firing pin make a slight tick. Then the bullet striking the dirt mound.

May sound crap in the game but a real life Silencer is a beautiful thing.

Fired a .22 with one and all you heard was the firing pin make a slight tick. Then the bullet striking the dirt mound.

I'd love to hear, or not hear, that. Guns are not very available where I come from. Unfortunately. :( Edited by shortround

I have at least one weapon in each class with a suppressor. I like the stealthy look/sound, even if it doesnt work properly in game.

I watched an episode of Mythbusters the other day that just happened to be about testing movie sound effects compared to the real thing. It turns out that the sound of a suppressed gun is incredibly close to the real thing (besides being more of a 'woosh' sound than we hear).

For me I run the suppressor, but only on my second set of weapons. Since I mainly run for example:

The Special Carbine, I'll slap the suppressor on the regular Carbine Rifle since it share relatively the same stats as the Special Carbine.

Long story short, I don't use a suppressor on my main weapons.

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

I also use suppressors on 1-2 guns in every class. Mainly on ones that don't lose effectiveness from the damage reduction, like the regular Sniper Rifle and the Assault Shotgun.

I'd love to hear, or not hear, that. Guns are not very available where I come from. Unfortunately. :(

Got to disagree with you there. Definite very fortunate to be in a country where guns are hard to acquire. 

There are plenty of licensed gun ranges though where you can try out the differences between unsilenced and silenced weapons though.

I have suppressors on almost every gun I have.

Didn't know about the decreased damage so I will remove them and keep only one per weapon type.

This website is so useful : LOVE :