JustHatched

Third time's a charm in part 3 of the Runabout series. If you've done the orginal then you should now this race forwards and backwards.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/JustHatched/games/gtav/jobs/job/dkjCJlWFQ0SmXG7rWGjz6Q?platformId=11

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Sometimes I feel like doing a track in reverse is a bit of a cop out to create another job. It can feel uninspiring. Now before you grimace and call me an asshole, hang on.

XDBX Runabout has no doubt become a crew classic, and it should be. You spent a lot of time on it taking tons of cliche routes and combining them into something neat that does fold in on itself and can function as a GTA track (not my preference).

What you presented here IMO is what the original SHOULD have been (not taking anything away from it). Going in reverse here is unique enough to give it an entirely different vibe, one that improves upon the small aspects of the other that I didn't quite like. Those sort of awkward bits from the original or weird visibility issues in certain spots are pretty much gone here. The flow of it feels a lot stronger and more enjoyable as well. Not to say there aren't some tricky spots or a piece here or there that's a little quirky/weird, but I think on the whole it just works so much better (again not saying the original is bad, but this is improving on something that's already good and that's a tough feet).

So yeah, great job here and if I had a choice between the two, I'd pick this one each and every single time. That's how well you did with making this one and how a route can change everything and the original feels like a prequel of sorts to set the stage for this one.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Near CP 25 there's a striped tyre wall with the arrows facing in the wrong direction for the upcoming turn.

Also a tyre stack on the wrong side of the pole near CP 26.

I think this version works better because the turns onto the start/finish straight could be confusing in the original, this doesn't have the same problem.

• Like 1

Fixed, I found a couple other props that needed switched as well

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 3 months later...