• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zmurko

• JustHatched

• Squirrel

• Sinister

Making me hungry ZZ. I do love a good steak. Medium Rare is overcooked for my liking. I prefer mine to be served mooing. 

My own steaks are cooked rare. At a restaurant it's med-rare because of not knowing the quality of cut. With my special heavy duty grill, I can get the temps very high before bringing on the steaks. The high temps sear very quickly and I always serve the steaks on cast iron plates to keep the meat hot.

I take my steaks VERY seriously!

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 3 months later...

Last night, had a 8oz steak, half slab of ribs, baked tater, green beans, hot rolls and bud light...

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 7 months later...

It would have the pizza I made myself today. Not that I am claiming any great culinary skill, but if I make it I get to choose exactly how thick the base is, exactly how crispy the salami is, etc. etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/12/2016 at 5:38 PM, djw180 said:

It would have the pizza I made myself today. Not that I am claiming any great culinary skill, but if I make it I get to choose exactly how thick the base is, exactly how crispy the salami is, etc. etc.

Love it with BBQ chicken, diced pineapple and extra cheese.

5 hours ago, Smurf said:

Love it with BBQ chicken, diced pineapple and extra cheese.

Time for the greatest pizza debate ever.

Does Pineapple belong on pizzas? I say no. But it's a debate that usually causes massive rifts between opposing sets of pizza fans. 

Everything goes on a pizza, as long as ingredients compliment each other and there isn't too many of them. 3-4 toppings max and there really shouldn't be too much of them either.

No matter what you think, best pizza's are the simplest ones, with a really good dough, good sauce, good cheese and then all it needs is another couple of toppings in modest quantities. You may feel different, but only until you've tried a really good and simple pizza.

My favourite? Dough, tomatoe sauce, mozzarella, only few anchovies (those salty little ones in olive oil) and either few capres or few onion slices. That's it. Topped with good olive oil once it comes out of the oven too.

I don't like pineapple on anything. But that's the great thing about pizza's you make yourself, you can have whatever you want. Just don't tell an Italian though. At my old work's Xmas meal last week someone thanked an Italian colleague for the salami he had given him, said it was wonderful on a pizza he made. The Italian was horrified, almost speechless that someone would have done that. Apparently your not meant to have much apart from tomato, cheese and few herbs. And you eat your salami on it's own.

• Like 1

I'll never introduce an Italian to my favourite pizza Pepperoni, Salami, Chicken, Spicy Beef, Chicken Tikka and finally Donner Meat :D

Many animals died in the making of my pizza.

• Like 1

@Squirrel It definitely does not belong on your Pizza asuming you don't like it, but its about having the ability to put whatever topping on top of that flat bread, you choose what you want. Hell! I'm pretty sure the original Pizza was quit basic until someone tried something new.

Edited by Smurf

• 11 months later...

Courses:

- beef soup / consomme with ravioli (filled with carrots, beef and parsley)

- butternut squash ravioli on sage butter (without sage, as somehow I forgot to buy it :blush: )

- pork roll filled with pesto made from spinach, pistachios, dried apricots, garlic and parmesan, on celery puree

- raspberry cheescake made by my brother

:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Old topic, give it a bump. 

Best thing (one of my favs) I had in the past week is Italian Beef sandwich from a mom/pop shop in nearby town called Backdoor Pizza, food is awesome there

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I made a slow cooker of Navy Beans(small white bean) and diced ham. I also made some scratch cornbread to go with it.

Just plain and nutritional food.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Just had Pulled Pork sandwiches last night. Pork made in a pressure cooker, homemade slaw, and Kansas City BBQ sauce.  That's my favorite that I've eaten lately. 

20200104_201040.jpg

Edited by Dodge

Dodgeservice.png