Karaoke?

ScottyB

Who here enjoys doing karaoke?

Have you ever done it before or would you consider doing it in the future?

Feel free to share any experiences that you'd like too as well :)

I've only ever done it once and since I'm rather shy I got quite drunk and done it in a group with 3 haha.

scottyb1988.jpg

When I was single and bar hopping I use to do it all the time, it's quite fun. I can't sing a note but the drunker I get the less I give a damn

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I can't sing at all.  No, really, I'm pretty sure I have caused the ears of dogs and cats to bleed when attempting.

I've been to many karaoke bars with friends, but I have only participated once and it was with a friend who could mostly drown my voice out.

This is where my shyness kicks into overdrive--it would take a lot and I mean a lot to make me do it solo. :P

• Like 1

I would never be able to sing in a large group, but I love "car karaoke" and making my passengers ears bleed :D (I can't sing for shit - but that won't stop me :P). 

One of my best memories from 2015 was coming back from the city at 1am and being stuck in a traffic jam (perfect time for some tunes). The car was jam-packed and Queen's: I Want To Break Free came on.. I started singing and then everyone else joined in.. That night I also discovered that I can "rap" every lyric to Nicki Minaj's: Anaconda (shamefully..) 

Edited by HoTWiiReD
  • Like 2

I'm not too keen on singing in public, too shy.

I've never tried karaoke and I hope I won't but I guess it could be fun doing it with a few friends (at the same time) and after a few lots of drinks :D

I do sing like crazy when I'm alone in my car though :lol:

• Like 1

Just car singing and ofcourse when around friends for the crazy tune haha. I actually love to sing and i can sing, it makes you want to cut off your ears but i can sing :D

• Like 2

I have an experience to share.

I love to sing, and will sing with or without music (prefer with). I believe myself to be a good singer, and have been told such by many people.

Six years ago an old friend was told that I can sing, so she made me sing with her so she could hear. That was the first time Id sung seriously in front of anyone. Six months later, I went to the city and sung at a Karaoke bar, solo.

Im not a particularly confident person, and can be quite shy. So stepping on the stage was quite nerve-racking. I had a blast though. Not a drop of alcohol or anything else, just adrenaline and nerves. By the end of it, there was nothing but adrenaline.

I know it'd take a bit to get me back on the stage since its been a while, but Id love to do it again :)

Since its still on a musical note (no pun intended), Id like to share one of my proudest accomplishments. When I was 12 years old, I heard a song that I got hooked on, and just loved the saxophone in it. I convinved my school to get a sax teacher and I started learning the sax when I was 13.

When I was 17, I taught myself to play that very song, note for note. Then shortly before I left school I got to perform it with a band that learnt the song to back me.

• Like 2

Back in my youthful partying days I used to work in a bar in Ibiza which did karaoke. Like many of us it seems I'm completely tone deaf and cannot sing a note, my boss knew this so every evening to start the night off I would be hauled on stage and asked to open up the karaoke. I never knew what I would be singing until the music started and some of the songs the DJ asked me to perform were challenging. I'm happy that these were the days before smartphones and facebook as there would be some shocking video evidence of my performances.

These days I rarely get on the mic but I have been known to do the odd duet after a few beers, usually then get asked politely not to put my name down for any more songs. :D

Edited by Darth Sciuridae
  • Like 2

I've done karaoke a few times many years ago.  Always had to have some liquid encouragement though.  I'm a bad singer, so usually pick goofy songs that will make people laugh.  My favorite go to song is Baby Got Back.  Everyone thinks it's funny as hell when a white girl sings it.  :D

• Like 2

I've done karaoke a few times many years ago.  Always had to have some liquid encouragement though.  I'm a bad singer, so usually pick goofy songs that will make people laugh.  My favorite go to song is Baby Got Back.  Everyone thinks it's funny as hell when a white girl sings it.  :D

Tonights PL "lets go to the prison karaoke"