Fido_le_muet

24h of Rockford Hills

Hey crew !

Here's a new 24 hours track located in Rockford Hills.

It goes around the Rockford Hills City Hall and stretch all the way to Morningwood and the Studios before coming back.

Pit lane alongside the main straight.

I added some props to make it look like a real racetrack with grandstands at the finish line and at some of the turns.

Hope you enjoy it.

Feedback is encouraged :)

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/vZGxkTpUek6Hr5xKNvYvfQ

03cZQ1B.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've not tested this yet but looks like an epic build.

Has this been run as an endurance race yet? Looking at the map it seems that the pitlane could be too far away from the start finish straight checkpoint.

Anyone taking the divert for the health pick up may have to double back on themselves to pick up the checkpoint.

If checkpoint 20 was just a little further back on the fork, the pitlane section could be immediately after on the right and cars can rejoin just before the start finish line. I know its not technically true to life but we have to work with GTA physics and seeing as we don't have checkpoints which can be extended we have to make do with the crappy circles.

If I'm wrong and the start finish checkpoint can be picked up from the pitlane then just tell me to shut the hell up :D

Track updated.

Now you can enter the pitlane just after the LifeInvader building and you exit just before the grandstand and the Start/finish line.

No more missed checkpoint now. Thanks for pointing this out Squirrel, would have been a disaster :lol:

• Like 1

If some of you could try this track out to give some feedback before going ahead with the 24h race, that would be greatly appreciated.

Otherwise, we'll go with one of zmurko's track if mine isn't OK.

• 2 months later...

Ran this as a 24 hour race with Panto's yesterday and it worked really well. The long straights are just perfect for slipstream and catchup worked well too. It really is an excellent track, thanks for spending the time to make it.

My only criticism is I feel the track would benefit from an extra checkpoint around the 1 minute mark (video below). I found when I was concentrating on the previous corner I often didn't notice the next checkpoint and it disappears out of view quickly.

• Like 2