[With Spoilers!] The Force Awakens, what did you think?

MrBump360

I just can't do the prequels. Didn't like any of them. Sure, they explained stuff, but still. My friend asked if he should let his daughter watch the series before seeing this new one, I suggested she just watch the original three and go from there.

• Like 2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fido_le_muet

• MrBump360

• Squirrel

• BMSTANG

I just can't do the prequels. Didn't like any of them. Sure, they explained stuff, but still. My friend asked if he should let his daughter watch the series before seeing this new one, I suggested she just watch the original three and go from there.

Good call. I watched them all because I'm a bit crazy but seeing the original 3 is enough to understand VII correctly.

• Like 1

Yeah, we can all forget that EP 1-3 ever happened as far as I'm concerned... borrow that flashy red light thing from Men in Black and just zap that away ;-)

• Like 1

• Consigliere

Just got back from the cinema. Did I just watch Episode IV again or was it a new movie with exactly the same plot? And the next episode will presumably involve an old Jedi training the last remaining Jedi? So the same plot as Empire Strikes Back? I want my money back!

I have never let out an audible sigh of relief until this film, about 5-10 minutes in when i realised it was going to be great with finn and poe's great scenes!

im so happy this wasn't the phantom menace. i hope someone goes back and re-does the prequel trilogy one day!

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

The old characters to me felt out of place, I did like the movie but it felt a bit off some how, maybe it never had that george lucas touch to it, I honestly don't know what it was about the movie that made it "for me" not feel like a star wars movie.

The biggest shock to me was han solo, I dropped everything at that point because I just didn't expect it but I found it funny that luke was a cameo and didn't have a single line, even though the whole movie was about trying to find luke :)

I think the hardest thing about the film was trying to go in without expectations ;-O We all took them in with us, and they can define how we perceive the film in the end.

I rewatched all 6 Films ( be gracious, call it 6) before seeing Episode VII, and after Return of the Jedi I came to the conclusion that.... the old films are somewhat dated now, and the magic I felt when I was in the cinema as a tiny tod has faded a little. I was ready for something new and shiny and NON Jar Jar'y, and that I got big time, on top Hand Solo, Chewbacca, Leia, R2D2, C3P0 ( great timing on his appearance I thought!!!) and some bloke called "Luke"? I went in thinking Phantom Menace and came out feeling great about it ( though sad about Han)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just watched it again. Picked up on a lot of things I missed the 1st time around. 

It's still good and its definitely still Star Wars but there's one thing from the second teaser trailer which has me thinking.

There's the voice of Luke saying this: "The force is strong in my family, My father had it, I have it, my sister has it, you have that power too"

We know in the film that Luke's lines totalled a massive 0 so this must be a teaser for episode VIII. Who is he actually speaking to? The obvious answer seems to be Rey as she is the one who has the force awakened within her but in what way could she be related to Luke? Daughter? Niece? Something else?

I think you maybe right, could have been Rey he was talking too, could have been a flashback to Rhen's training? Rey-Rhen....say that sounds simular, you guys related? Father and son conflict becomes brother sister conflict? Rey could also be from the familytree side of Max von Sidow, but I gather he was just Solo's side? So she wouldn't "catch" the force Virus off Luke. Gonna have to bett that Leia popped out Ray at some stage and then forgot about it hehe.

check out emrgency awesome's channel on youtube, he did a good piece about deleted scenes that we saw in the trailer but didn't make it into the final cut. 

EDIT : crazy fan theory time . Snoke = Vader

/thread

Edited by Pen0sIRE
  • Like 1

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

No way !

Vader became good at the end of Ep 6 !

Yeah, he shows up with Yoda and Ben in the light as a force form... wouldn't have thought you come back from that...and certainly not as Gollum....

• Like 1

Yeah, he shows up with Yoda and Ben in the light as a force form... wouldn't have thought you come back from that...and certainly not as Gollum....

Unless he had a golden ring under his suit all this time... :D

• Like 1

Yeah. I loved the movie. I thought it looked amazing, but I feel like they had a bunch of ideas and said let's do this one, it'll be the easiest. Either that or they wanted to retell the story for the next generation of fans. I think it could have been a lot more elaborate and people would have still flocked to it. The biggest disappointment to me was who they chose to play Kylo Ren. I'm sure he's a fine actor but I could not believe that this is the son of Han Solo!!! He reminded me of some whiny emo kid whose parents gave him everything but complained because they got him a Playstation instead of an XBOX (whiny emo kids like XBOX for some reason). 

I just realized they did the exact same thing with Star Trek. They can tell all the stories over again but with better graphics. :)

• 2 weeks later...