Whats the verdict on the new cars for racing?

JustHatched

?? I haven't bought any yet and don't want to buy a POS.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zztop911

• G37

• JustHatched

• MrBump360

IMO none of them will be fastest in their class, so you'd be fine with what you already have.

I did buy them all though and I'll be racing them when the opportunity is there, however I know none are really meant for racing.

Mamba could be the only exception, but it has no spoiler to keep up with the Stirling. 

• Like 1

The Lampshade is about 5-6 seconds off the Dominator's time on Muscle in.  

It also gets overtaken on the straights by the Blade.  Say no more.  

For the money, it's very disappointing.

I've bought the Mamba but haven't upgraded it yet.  Not going to waste anymore money on it.  It's way off the pace of the Stirling.

Not even going to consider the Sports car.  

I'm interested in finding out if the "new & improved" Baller can take it to the Huntley.  I doubt it, but I haven't tried it or heard anything about it yet.

All in all, a pretty disappointing update as far as vehicles go.

• Like 2

The only must have for racing is apparently the Schafter V12 (armored).  The non-armored version is moved to the Sports class (and is the fastest four door car in the game), but the armored version is now apparently the fastest Sedan in the game by a long shot.

I posted Broughy's video in the other thread, but here it is again if you want to have a look:

• Like 4

Sucks these cars can't compete. They didn't have to be the new best thing, just be as good as the other class leaders

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Why is the Momba so damn different in free roam than it is in actual racing? Very disappointing, but still a cool car.

Edited by zztop911

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

The Armored Schafter V12 is an ABSOLUTE necessity to remain competitive in SEDANS.

On Panic Stations I was 6+ seconds quicker than Snacks in a regular Schafter. It's disgusting.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

That new Sports Car.... my God, the spoiler on it.... christ a Monkey could have designed a better spoiler. It looks like a 3 year old playing Lego found that piece in the box and just stuck it on..woohoo done!

I bought the new sports and the new Muscle car and I am really dissapointed.

The Muscle car has a Wheelie stop thing on the back, like a drag racer....ummm what the Funky uncle for???? It can't do a wheelie to save it's life...

then I bought a new stilt house... wow the dissapointment continues and get's bigger.... can't access the garage from the house, the Garage it's self is the same stock garage from the high rise appartments just without the lift ( clever that!!!) It has 2 doors on the inside and one on the outside...wooot EFFORT!!!NICE ROCKSTAR!!!

The inside of my new house is...ok.... can I use my balconies? umm no... I'm not happy. ok I'm never happy anyway, don't mind me.

The yacht's look nice I'll get me one of them and have some drinks.

Edited by MrBump360
  • Like 2

A life long friend has a 1970 Camaro that he restored as a pro touring car so I had to get the Lampshade and make it look as close to his as possible.

I will post pics of both when I can but it looks like I need to do 11 stunt jumps in order to unlock the correct shade of green that I can apply pearl over.

I probably won't have time to do that until next year.

I tried it out on Disasterpiece II this morning and it loses the rear end very easy and when it does it just keeps going.

Do not use the E-brake and if you must just tap it and immediately correct. I will use it in some muscle car races tonight.

Otherwise it's a good looking car with a decent amount of visual mods available for it.

Mambo is on my to buy list as well but I probably won't get that or my yacht until I get some free time next year.

• Like 1

The Armored Schafter V12 is an ABSOLUTE necessity to remain competitive in SEDANS.

On Panic Stations I was 6+ seconds quicker than Snacks in a regular Schafter. It's disgusting.

That's the short wheelbase Armored Schafter V12, correct?

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Has anyone tested the new armored vehicles to see if they perform as well as the Karuma in terms of protection?  Obviously real players can auto-aim right through the armor ports and kill occupants, but I was curious about NPCs - hopefully the new cars offer the same protection as the Karuma.  I'm guessing they do, just haven't had a chance to test yet.

Kuruma still seems superior for overall protection compared to the new armored vehicles.

From a mini-gun the Kuruma stood up much better, even through the front windshield than the Schafter did. Didn't do any extensive testing though. So I guess you're trading some protection for speed in this case (both V12 Schafters embarrass the Kuruma in a straight line).

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

True and I tested the mini-gun to the armored Schafter.  I died instantly, so no protection there.  I read somewhere that the armored variants of the Schafter and Cognoscenti will withstand a single explosive weapon blast and will blow up if hit with a second one.  I have yet to try it though.

• Like 1

True and I tested the mini-gun to the armored Schafter.  I died instantly, so no protection there.  I read somewhere that the armored variants of the Schafter and Cognoscenti will withstand a single explosive weapon blast and will blow up if hit with a second one.  I have yet to try it though.

Might make for interesting gta races, sort of like the inzurgents

• Like 1

This was my revenge for your armored Shafter leaving my karuma in the dust

• Like 1

I'm not much of a racer, but love the armored Shafter V12 in free roam.  That thing is so fast and a bit tricky to handle because I'm not used to the speed/handling yet.  Would love to try it out in a race or two this weekend.  Haven't bought any other vehicle from the new update since they didn't seem competitive and I have enough "just cruising" cars.

Did anyone experienced that the off road tires feel different after the update? Less distinct and harder to turn sharp, I experienced this on Blade and Huntley. Could be just me and the cars.

Anyone else think R* is stupid for making new vehicles noncompetitive? If they have no hope of winning races then there's a big segment of players that will never buy them, thus lost opportunity for R* to sell shark cards.

also how boring is it to have every class dominated by 1-2 cars?

• Like 3

Well, they have to listen to enough crying and complaining about DLC. Would be even worse if the newest cars were the best. Then only us hackers and cheaters can win races with our expensive new cars.

Anyone else think R* is stupid for making new vehicles noncompetitive? If they have no hope of winning races then there's a big segment of players that will never buy them, thus lost opportunity for R* to sell shark cards.

also how boring is it to have every class dominated by 1-2 cars?

It's always been like this and R* isn't exactly known for fairly balancing things. They introduce vehicles at random with random ass stats that are nowhere even close to how they actually perform. Seems like there's no planned release schedule or implementation.

So with the Armored Schafter V12, wrap your head around this, it's heavy as fuck with a V12 but it actually handles well and outperforms EVERYTHING in the class (and it's a sedan while the non armored one is sports - logic). It even dominates the former class leader by 6+ seconds depending on the length of the track. With that move they just created a giant void that NEEDS to be filled with other cars to make the class competitive. But that's Sedans and we probably won't see any additions here for months. So this is the ONE vehicle they added that IS a must buy. And it's an expensive one for a class not used often.

I think they're more banking on sentimental value or appearances these days which isn't necessarily a bad thing but the release and context of it is sort of all wrong.

Now that we have the Lowrider shit out of the way (which was another silly money sink), I'm hoping a future update is ALL about cars. No gimmicky shit. I'd like a real package of say something like .. maybe tuner cars. Your WRXs, your 350/370Zs, your Celicas, etc. Litter a ton of classes like Sports, Coupes, Sedans, Muscle, Off-road, Motorcycles with 3-4 vehicles each (no more Supers). And considering it's "tuner" based, you can slot them however the fuck you want in the current fastest car lineup with any excuse you want so long as they're competitive each with their own unique characteristics and weaknesses.

That or give us more vehicle customization/performance options (not GT level, but maybe things like weight reduction). Speaking of that, it's "tuner" related so there should be an ungodly amount of visual things you can do from various aero kits to exhaust options to headlight colors to decals to etc.

Edited by G37
  • Like 3