How to remove a pest

Squirrel

1 minute ago, Burgermauger said:

Pail of water with a round stick covered in peanut butter. Looks for the water finds PB on stick eats a bit, tries to get more, falls in water and drowns !

I've got to keep a bucket under the sink now anyway to catch the drips from the leaky pipe, won't hurt to do this. The cupboard there is where he seems to be living. I did have a similar trap set up when I first spotted the pesky fella, I actually used a toilet roll inner sat on the stick which would roll as soon as the rodent stepped on it. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• G37

• Lann

• Beez

Top Posters In This Topic

Burn a small piece of dry coconut and set the sticky trap on their regular route,

with a few drops of vanilla extract in the centre with coconut gets them all the time.

12 hours ago, Smurf said:

Burn a small piece of dry coconut and set the sticky trap on their regular route,

with a few drops of vanilla extract in the centre with coconut gets them all the time.

I like this idea but I don't live on a Caribbean island so coconuts aren't just lying around here. Would a piece of Bounty do the trick

10 hours ago, Jjss924 said:

I would use a glue trap. I use them at corners and near doors. Usually won't take more than a day or two.

I might try this with the above bait. I don't want to poison them as would like to dispose of the body afterwards. Don't want a dead rat in my walls.

• 1 year later...

Seems to be an annual occurrence now but my little friend is back. This time though he wasn’t unharmed. Woke up this morning to find little trails of blood in the kitchen. It was a cold night so he’s obviously searched out somewhere warm to hide out in but someones trap has taken a bite from him. I’ve checked mine and no sign there and no body either. 

When my parent's house had mice we used an electrified cage trap. Mouse goes in. Loud crack sound. Mouse is dead and contained. It's also the most ethical way of killing, if you've got to kill them.

Worked as well as my parent's springer spaniel dog did, they killed about 5 each. Which combined with sealing up containers kept the house rodent free.