1 year sober!

silenttigercd

Well done mate! I know the effects of addiction can do in a person. One childwood friend passed away with a drug overdose and i have another one which is sad to say but waiting the same fate with alcohol, no matter what family and friends do he always go back. He was diagnosed with liver disease……

Congratulations and keep up with living well

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• silenttigercd

• Fido_le_muet

• ScottyB

• BryannosaurusRex

Wow! I am truly overwhelmed with all the support. Thank you all very much. If I'm having a bad day I'll return to this thread and I'm sure your replies will put a smile on my face. I fucking love this crew :D

• Like 10

• 5 months later...

Yesterday marked 18 months dry and 1 year without cigarettes! Things have got so much easier and I'm starting to appreciate the simple things in life, for the first time. 

I wanted to add to my AA coin collection but unfortunately 18 month coins are not made in the "speciality range" that I like and I'm completely underwhelmed with the shitty bronze they use to make it.

There's also been a six month wait for the coin, whereas before that I was buying one every month. It's been a long wait to end up with a POS coin! To ease my disappointment I decided to buy this display case and wanted to share it here. 

YHwB3Na.jpg

You can see all the coins from the first year are bright and colourful, the 1 year coin is gold and silver plated (the photo really doesn't do it justice). The 18 month is just pathetic and dull. Still, I'm really happy with the display and look forward to completing it later in life.

To highlight just how shit the 18 month coin is, these are coins from the speciality range that I plan to add to my collection:

2 Year Classic Black Tri Plate

bnYyR2p.jpg

3 Year Mandarin Red Tri Plate

b5uxMxa.jpg

4 Year Midnight Blue Tri Plate

1pjUGNS.jpg

I actually hope it will look more like this:

I9TJyLb.jpg

5 Year Gold Plate

FR9fViH.jpg

• Like 11

Good stuff Tiger, don't let the looks of the coin bother you, just remember what it represents.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Thanks Hatch! I have been obsessing on the looks and ignoring what I've achieved. It's amazing how a single sentance can change your perspective on something. 

I want to go to AA meetings just to get that nice coins collection !

Good job tiger, I admire what you're doing, I'm sure it's not easy but you handle it like a boss !

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just found out I'll be graduating with an upper second law degree!

I achieved a grade of 68.25 overall. 70 would have been first class. Rather frustrating but I tried my hardest so feel very happy and proud of myself! :D

• Like 9

Well done mate. It's not easy to get marks that high without putting a lot of time and effort in. You should be proud B)

• Like 1

As someone who has dealt with addiction i know its not easy, not just being sober but living a regular life after an addiction. You've come so very far and its all because of your determination. Congrats Tiger!

• Like 2

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

Congrats Tiger!

Exactly as Hatch said, it's what it represents and most people (luckily) will never know how strong you have been and how hard it was to achieve what you have. Most (ignorant) people would laugh but it truly is like an average person deciding to hike Everest without any training. Stay strong!

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg