• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• silenttigercd

• Fido_le_muet

• ScottyB

• BryannosaurusRex

Wow tiger!! Very impressive, and it makes me really happy to hear about what you are achieving. 

A brand new year ahead of you, cant wait to see the two year post.

• Like 1

Really proud of you Tiger.

Seeing your post, I feel like you're doing great. Keep it up and this will be a far away memory.

I imagine how hard it must be to finally be free of an addiction. You need a strong will to do that.

Like Xyon said, look forward to all the great stuff ahead of you :)

• Like 1

This type of stuff is always good to hear about. I have no authority for such things in the real world, but on this website, I grant myself the authority to give you this:

Rf6RcqK.jpg

• Like 4

Dodgeservice.png

I'm happy for you Tiger, happy birthday and best wishes for you man, I hope you keep it up :)

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Good job man. Congratulations, takes alot of strength to make it this far. And just as much to share the story. Thank you for that, and best wishes for your future.

• Like 1

Congratulations mate. I lost a family member to alcoholism a few years ago after many many attempts to stop, so I can appreciate how much of an achievement this is for you and how proud of yourself you must be feeling right now. 

• Like 1

That's fantastic Tiger!

I myself partied very hard with drugs and alcohol in my late teens and early twenties so I know how this starts.  I am lucky enough to have walked away without any addictions, however several of my dear friends weren't so lucky.  After hard work and dedication a few, like you, have overcome the disease but unfortunately 3 of my other friends just can't seem to beat it.  It's a hard road to recovery but the longer you stay the course, the stronger you become.  Keep up the great work Tiger.  I look forward to reading about year 2!

• Like 1

Congratulations, Tiger!  These things certainly aren't easy, but to be able to overcome something like this says you're a strong person.  Well done, and I wish you all the best going forward.  Just remember one day at a time.

A lot of people don't realize just how serious addictions are--I've been down that road myself, and it's one of the hardest things in the world to break yourself from.  You're definitely on the right path, and things will definitely only get better from here.

All the best.

• Like 2

Steps and by the book things aside, find whatever works for you. I'm glad you seemed to have done just that. It's amazing the things that can pass you by when life is lived under a bottle, or greatly encouraged by one often. Here's to you and finding those overlooked details.

Cheers.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

• Consigliere

Well done, Tiger. My father died of an alcohol-related disease some years ago - we weren't very close by this time - and he kept drinking until his dying day. So it's great to hear of someone who has successfully beaten alcoholism.

Thanks for starting my day with a smile and I look forward to hearing about your 2 year sober. Keep at it mate!

• Like 1

Awesome job Tiger, I'm really glad you have made it to the other side. Stay strong and enjoy your day. No matter what any one says, this is an extremely great achievement that most people wouldn't be able to do if they were in your shoes.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Good job, mate!

Most people in your position wouldn't have had the willpower/courage to turn that around, instead they'd accept what their life has become and pick up another drink.

Addictions are brutal, but I bet it feels good to have beaten it  :).

I also don't drink and haven't done so for around 4 years, it often shocks people when I order an orange juice because the UK has a huge alcohol culture of drinking until you pass out, but I like to keep my wits about me (I also see the damage it does to others).

• Like 4

Very brave of you to share your story ! Congratulations for staying sober for that long.

I was a social worker in a previous life and some nasty things have happened in my own life. Seen enough to know you've pulled off a massive achievement ! And that's an understatement...

Keep it up !!!

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg