Connection Strength

Skorpion

We've all experienced lag issues at some point in GTA, and in many cases during DMs. For some people its quite frequent and/or bad. Some people are being discouraged from getting BO3 because they expect to experience the same lag issues.

What experience have people had with lag in BO3? Let us know where youre located, and if you experience a difference when playing alone vs in a party with people from other countries. (When in a party, the 'ideal lobby' is based on the leader.)

North America eastern timezone have not noticed any lag that I have seen yet. Have yet to be connected in a party to someone from another country that I know of

• Like 1

North America eastern timezone have not noticed any lag that I have seen yet. Have yet to be connected in a party to someone from another country that I know of

Weren't we in complexes party the other day?

I'll put down my experiences once I play a bit more and when I am skilled enough to be able to tell the difference.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Weren't we in complexes party the other day?

I'll put down my experiences once I play a bit more and when I am skilled enough to be able to tell the difference.

Yeah and if I recall it was you and Skorpion and your connections looked bad according to the meter in game. What I meant though was my experiences if I was connected to you as you are the host. I'm not sure how servers work on call of duty if we connect thru party host or individually
  • Like 1

I have noticed a serious case of latency, when playing against people in other countries. ScottyB and Skorpion both had some major ping while we were playing the other night. 

I have also noticed, as Skorp mentioned, WHOMEVER is leading the party, their location is used in matchmaking. Skorpion was hosting it once, we all joined on him, he had minimum latency, and the three of us from the US, according to the ping bar, were all in the red, and lagging. Skorpion suggested switching host over to me, which we did, and then the three of us from the US had minimum ping, and Skorpion was in the red. 

Latency in CoD has always been an issue for me. rather it's the enemy or myself. When I was playing BO2, I actually only had a satellite receiver for internet. With satellite, there is ALWAYS a 1.5sec delay between sending and receiving. This caused me to have to camp. I hate camping in CoD. hate it... BUT, my KD was pretty high thanks to it lol. 

Edited by lIIlCompleXlIIl
  • Like 2

Yeah and if I recall it was you and Skorpion and your connections looked bad according to the meter in game. What I meant though was my experiences if I was connected to you as you are the host. I'm not sure how servers work on call of duty if we connect thru party host or individually

From what the other guys are saying, if complex was the party leader than we would be connected to him. The main lag issues hat you will most likely notice is that your shooting someone and unable to kill them since they aren't actually where they are shown on your screen. I'm not skilled enough yet to pick up on if I'm hitting them or not so I just think I'm crap but I'm sure the lag has a fairly big input on how well I can do against others.

I don't know how accurate the kill cam is, but when I have watched the replay back, it doesn't seem to match up to what I saw happened.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

My internet maxes at 3.2mb/s download, and my experience with BO3 matches that of AW. When connecting to a lobby alone or as leader of a party, I have very little lag and can do a pretty good job. Most of the time the lag is so minimal that it doesnt impact play enough to notice. When I join a party with another Aussie hosting, I have the same experience.

When I join a party and the leader is in another country, my lag is so bad that I can barely play. Camping becomes the only way to kill, and even then Im lucky to get a kill. Ive also noticed, as Scotty said, the kill cam shows them in a different spot to where I was shooting.

What I'm hearing kinda stinks sounds like it will be tough for us to get in parties together if someone has to put up with insane lag. Wonder if private side is the same

• Like 1

Here are a few short clips that I got from yesterday. I did feel a little ripped off when it happened and want to see what you think of it. I probably wouldn't have killed them in most of these incidents, but the kill cam didn't even show a hit on some.

It looks like it's a good 0.5-1 second delay which is obviously a lot of time in a fast FPS.

Is there a health bar to see how much damage you have taken or given to the enemy?

Are headshots a one shot kill or just a higher multiplier?

scottyb1988.jpg

Here are a few short clips that I got from yesterday. I did feel a little ripped off when it happened and want to see what you think of it. I probably wouldn't have killed them in most of these incidents, but the kill cam didn't even show a hit on some.

It looks like it's a good 0.5-1 second delay which is obviously a lot of time in a fast FPS

http://youtu.be/wyGrS0v8d1Y

Is there a health bar to see how much damage you have taken or given to the enemy?

Are headshots a one shot kill or just a higher multiplier?

Headshots are not one shot kill. Sniper rifles, rather default or upgraded, can do one shot kill on chest and up. Even some once modded can be one hit kill anywhere.

Regular gun headshots do double damage, and headshots with the attachment to increase headshot damage, bumps it to three times.

Let's say, using a regular gun, you hit someone in the leg. It would take for shots to kill. (Using four shots as example) that's 25% HP per shot. Headshot, bring double damage, would be 50%, this only needing to get hit twice. With accessory, it's 75% at triple damage. With this formula, and guns that shoot more than one bullet accurately, mixed with figuring out your personal best sensitivity for your play type, you can get what seems to be one shot. Or if you die, watch kill cam. Opponents first shot hit your arm, 25% HP gone, then headshot with attachment = dead.

The smallest amounts of lag can be trouble, and you had I would say about 1 sec lag, which is hard to play with.

When watching the video, when you go to shoot, listen for the "thump thump thump." That is an indicator that ou are actually hitting them. In your video, you easily have ther person In sights, but no thump thump when you fire.

• Like 1

Thanks. I did remember reading somewhere that some games don't have a headshot instant kill. It would be interesting to know the actual multipliers for the parts you hit, although I guess depending on weapon and add ons that will all change.

I was trying to listen for hits but ant yet differentiate that noise from actually being hit since and even firing since it all happens so quick but I'll get there.

I've been playing around with the campaign and that has been kind of fun. It would be really cool to do it with some of you guys at one stage too.

Once I play a few games with a better connection status I'll let everyone know how I go. Maybe last night was extra bad because even wolf (trues friend) was complaining about shooting people in the back and it wasn't hitting them and they'd turn around and kill him straight away and he had a 4 bar connection.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I've been playing around with the campaign and that has been kind of fun. It would be really cool to do it with some of you guys at one stage too.

I heard from a friend of a friend, that trying to play multiplayer campaign across countries was real real bad. The Chapter or scenario would start, they would move for about ten seconds, then have thirty second "buffering" freeze lag. I haven't tried this yet myself though. It would be really cool!

Really hope the Co of Multi-player works was looking forward to it. I remember one of the cod a while back on ps3 had a Co op thing kinda like side missions you did with 1 other person was a lot of fun. I'm sure the story will be awesome

I heard from a friend of a friend, that trying to play multiplayer campaign across countries was real real bad. The Chapter or scenario would start, they would move for about ten seconds, then have thirty second "buffering" freeze lag. I haven't tried this yet myself though. It would be really cool!

Wow, I really hope it isn't that bad. Surely it can't be worse than multiplayer? I guess time will tell.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I havent done the campaign at all yet. Interested in trying it co-op?

Yeah we can try it out sometime. I've started to play a bit of it already by myself and it seems ok.

• Like 2

scottyb1988.jpg

Yeah we can try it out sometime. I've started to play a bit of it already by myself and it seems ok.

Yeah I've done a few scenarios. It has my interest at the moment, lol.

just got my black ops off preorder.. kinda frustrating the hell out of me atm from going from 25+kill 10- death average.. finding it hard to find a decent enough gun thats stedy yet has the fire power to go with it.. but with lag i have noticed alot.. ie, people not being where they are on my screen.. getting killed from behind cover.. or just can not see them till the kill cam shows me that they was right in front of my nose. but ims ure most of this will be cleaned up they normal do, thats one this good about call of duty.. they do there best to fix alot of these issues as the game progresses. as i have not had a chance to play with crew i can not make a comment on that as of yet..   but on a side note @ Skorpion, how good is it not they aint bloody jumping every where lmao..the wall running i got to get used to.. been stuck in a few places thinking wtf? or it randomly runs the wall when im trying to get into cover.. that will get annoying... am looking forward to being able to play with more crew members tho as it was mainly just me and skorpion on AW with Scotty joining us 4 few games. 

• Like 2

just got my black ops off preorder..

We should make a time for the 3 of us to do co-op. If you guys are interested?

Ive noticed the lag has gotten slightly worse since the first few days I played it. Its quite frustrating, but I sure ill get used to it.