CoD Ranked Teams Poll and suggestions.

lIIlCompleXlIIl

Ok - so I knew I was going to hate the day ranked teams got put into question, but lets do this together. How would you like to see Ranked Teams work? If you have suggestions or concerns or comments, please leave them here, so we can get this thing sorted ASAP! Thanks everyone for helping out with this!

I'm not competitive and would rather play for fun... but my question is, since GTA & Destiny side aren't suppose to care about rank or skill, should we really be adding a "ranked" team in COD and determining who can/cannot be in it?  I'm worried about this causing a divide and people feeling excluded because they aren't good at the game.  I don't mind playing some COD here and there, but I am certainly not good at the game.  It would suck to be told I can't play with the crew one night because it's "ranked" only that night/day/whatever/etc.

Just playing devil's advocate.

• Like 4

I'm not competitive and would rather play for fun... but my question is, since GTA & Destiny side aren't suppose to care about rank or skill, should we really be adding a "ranked" team in COD and determining who can/cannot be in it?  I'm worried about this causing a divide and people feeling excluded because they aren't good at the game.  I don't mind playing some COD here and there, but I am certainly not good at the game.  It would suck to be told I can't play with the crew one night because it's "ranked" only that night/day/whatever/etc.

Just playing devil's advocate.

This is the way I feel also. I think either everyone needs to be able to do it, or let others team up with players who wish to get together and do it. Kind of like the CMM or Elite Heists squads. I personally probably won't do much ranked. The players in there are usually wicked good. I don't like getting beat on like a red headed step child, lol. I can usually stay above 1.5 k/d ratio, but in ranked, it's more like 0.25 lol.

I don't exactly know how it all works since this will be my first cod online game (borrowed my brothers advanced warfare and have played a few hours of it but don't really know what I'm doing)

Would it be possible to set up head to heads without playing on the ranked system? This way, anyone can join in and they will be more about fun than anything else, the same way GTA has been played.

I do see and can appreciate having an elite team as such to play the ranked matches, and only a few people would probably be interested in them anyway. The hard part as Hatch mentioned is trying to get matches lined up in the timezones. That, and depending on how many people will be required to participate could be a problem and you may regularly need other people to fill in.

Can you run multiple teams under the same crew or does each match effect the crew as a whole?

I'm not very good at it but I think I should be able to pick it up fairly quickly and I am competitive. I would imagine ab-cones, Skorpion and zadk would want to join in on this too are in my Timezone so it could work out if we only require 4.

scottyb1988.jpg

I like the idea of getting a ranked team to play with the best of our crew, but I will have to choose crew wise and that is so everyone is able to get in and play. I don't want anybody to feel left out because our crew stands for teamwork and that means everyone in the crew is equal

Are we talking about ranked teams strictly for head to heads or will they be used for other things. I have played most cod games and head 2 head is only place I see them being used unless I missed something and we are talking about  just regular gameplay. I think for calendar events and random job hopping anyone and everyone should be able to join and play. Most the fun with gta is the people we play with and cod should be the same. 

Now if your talking about getting a elite squad together to so head 2 heads or something I can understand the want to get dedicated team together and wouldnt care if it was done  

• Like 1

I don't exactly know how it all works since this will be my first cod online game (borrowed my brothers advanced warfare and have played a few hours of it but don't really know what I'm doing)

Would it be possible to set up head to heads without playing on the ranked system? This way, anyone can join in and they will be more about fun than anything else, the same way GTA has been played.

I do see and can appreciate having an elite team as such to play the ranked matches, and only a few people would probably be interested in them anyway. The hard part as Hatch mentioned is trying to get matches lined up in the timezones. That, and depending on how many people will be required to participate could be a problem and you may regularly need other people to fill in.

Can you run multiple teams under the same crew or does each match effect the crew as a whole?

I'm not very good at it but I think I should be able to pick it up fairly quickly and I am competitive. I would imagine ab-cones, Skorpion and zadk would want to join in on this too are in my Timezone so it could work out if we only require 4.

Im not entirely sure if Treyarch has added a system for like "H2H." One where we could get our group of 4-8 then invite another clan of the same. If it is 4v4, then yes, you just get the 8 ppl in a lobby, after both teams have "partied" up, and then when the match starts, its party vs party. This is more like the H2H we are use to. 

Are we talking about ranked teams strictly for head to heads or will they be used for other things. I have played most cod games and head 2 head is only place I see them being used unless I missed something and we are talking about  just regular gameplay. I think for calendar events and random job hopping anyone and everyone should be able to join and play. Most the fun with gta is the people we play with and cod should be the same. 

Now if your talking about getting a elite squad together to so head 2 heads or something I can understand the want to get dedicated team together and wouldnt care if it was done  

The ranked team is a game mode you play, in a party of I THINK no more then 4. You join your party, then click that game mode, and it pits you against other ranked teams of how ever many you have on your party. (Once again, up to 4 the last I knew) There use to be an 8v8 and 16v16 ranked matches to, but im not sure if they are going to bring them back. The stability in such matches (Lag vs Ping vs Host) was deeply frowned upon, and wasn't as popular as Treyarch wanted. Each team then gets ranked depending on w/l ratio. More then one team from a "Clan" can play. 

• Like 1

borrowed my brothers advanced warfare and have played a few hours of it but don't really know what I'm doing

The exo jump, dash, slam, and abilities make AW more difficult to get used to than any other COD Ive played. You should be fine with BO3 though.

Ranked team and matches make sense to be the best players. Its ranked, so if everyone can play, whats the difference between that and a regular match? Even without an in-game H2H system, we can arrange H2H just like we do with GTA, and theres no reason a H2H has to be ranked. If you're not competitive, why would you want to join a game mode that is specifically for competitive play?

If a ranked team is included, I think it should be for select people (not based on skill, but rather an interest in actual competitive play, and a focus on team work), however, I dont think all H2H should be ranked (if the other team agree). We will have COD events almost daily, just like GTA, so nobody will miss out if they're not in ranked.

I think to begin with we should leave out ranked play, and stick with open crew matches, and go from there.

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 3

That sounds good, and I think what complex was saying from the beginning. Now that I think about it, if you're in a crew or party, you will be put together unlike on GTA so that makes it better.

Whatever is decided should work out good. I don't know enough of how it works yet so you guys can use your best judgment to do what is right. As long as we can play together and have fun is the main thing, anything else will be a bonus :)

• Like 2

scottyb1988.jpg

Not sure if it's still around but few years ago we used to use gamebattles to setup head to heads in cod.

The ranked makes little more sense now I was thinking it was like head 2 heads but realize now it's more a competitive match. Have seen a few videos of rhe competitive gameplay and I agree if 4 people want to get together and do it go for it. There will be plenty of events going on for all crew members to join

• Like 2

I have decided to not have an "Official" team for ranked matches. We will do this like the CMM/Heists squads. If someone wants to do ranked, they can get whomever they wish together, and go from there. The CoD Calendar will only be used for CoD crew/clan events. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i wouldnt mind a ranked cod team for events ect, i think its a good idea and a little bit of rivalry never hurt no one. even have an in crew comp, form your own team and have a little tournament of such between the crew.

• Like 2