Placing On Props

Skorpion

Im working on a job right now and have run into a problem. I need to place team start points, and weapon pick-ups on top of props (similar to in RvI). I keep getting the messages "area must be clear" and "cannot stack". Ive tried placing directly onto the props, and placing on the ground and then moving them. Ive tried in capture (capture object, spawn points, weapons), LTS (spawn points, weapons), and race (CP, weapons).

Is there some trick to placing things on top of props, or is it no longer possible?

Place the item (spawn point or weapon) on the ground, then pick it up and move back and forward from the ground to the desired position until it works.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

So I've just had a play with it and I've noticed a few things.

I'm assuming you're using the closed green containers? I couldn't get them to stack on to that, but could fairly easily do it to the open containers and corrugated iron hut things. I also couldn't get it onto those props that are stacked only 1 wide, they needed to be at least 2 wide for some reason.

I haven't done much of this stuff so maybe others can add a bit more information.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed an issue recently, i just want to mention it. 

In a GTA Capture I had some "non-capture-vehicles" placed, they were all lowriders. These vehicles could (in game) be entered but not driven.

• 4 weeks later...

To place weapons, team start points, respawn points, and captures on top of props, they must first be placed on the ground, then picked up and moved onto the prop. Ive had a 100% success rate with all of the above when placing onto the upside down barge, but the team start points and respawn points often requires repeating the move from ground to prop with other props.

Recently a few people have asked about sinking props below ground/sea level. This is easily done by using templates.

1. Place the sunken prop on ground level.

2. Place an elevated prop nearby, and elevated by the distace you want the sunken prop to be once complete.

3. Create a template. Select the elevated prop first, and then other props following.

4. Save the template.

When you place the template, the elevated prop will be at ground level, forcing any props below it to be under the surface.

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 2

To place weapons, team start points, respawn points, and captures on top of props, they must first be placed on the ground, then picked up and moved onto the prop. Ive had a 100% success rate with all of the above when placing onto the upside down barge, but the team start points and respawn points often requires repeating the move from ground to prop with other props.

Recently a few people have asked about sinking props below ground/sea level. This is easily done by using templates.

1. Place the sunken prop on ground level.

2. Place an elevated prop nearby, and elevated by the distace you want the sunken prop to be once complete.

3. Create a template. Select the elevated prop first, and then other props following.

4. Save the template.

When you place the template, the elevated prop will be at ground level, forcing any props below it to be under the surface.

I was hoping such an answer, very appriciated Skorpion! 

• Like 1