Need to get better at racing.

prieto89

I never really did any racing before I joined the crew. I know to get close to some of the amazing racers like snacks, dodge and LN I need to practice more. But I know I need to upgrade my cars more. I just need to win more races to do so. Any tips to get any better?

prieto89.png

I never really did any racing before I joined the crew. I know to get close to some of the amazing racers like snacks, dodge and LN I need to practice more. But I know I need to upgrade my cars more. I just need to win more races to do so. Any tips to get any better?

If you dont have the wins needed to unlock all upgrades post on shoutbox or search forums there is a thread and most crew members are willing to either swap wins with you or give you the wins you need to get your upgrades

Yeah what hatch said just follow his link

Edited by truelife98

Visit this thread and you'll be able to get some to lose on purpose so you can get the upgrades http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/1446-trade-race-wins/

I am not a good racer, but I can say regardless of car or upgrades work on track knowledge and racing line skill. A few crew members can take stock cars and beat fully modded cars due to knowing racing lines. But a fully modded cars helps.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I suck at racing but it's always good to paractice.

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

Best advice is to watch the front runners when you can. Learn the racing line and how to use your brakes. Ask for help, we can all give a little advice. If youre going to DNF, dont park or drive off to nowhere, keep going and practise. Set yourself goals that start from the back and dont worry about the front, youll get there eventually, but the other cars at the back are there now.

Aim for clean laps, not fast laps. A fast crash will usually cost more time than taking a corner a little slower than everyone else.

• Like 7

Get to know the tracks goes a long way, i am average at racing but you get better when you know were you going and as said before breakes and line racing is essential.

Another good thing I find is the videos some people make of their races, so I can see where I am going wrong. We have quite a few on lots of different tracks. They help not just for the specific track they are on but help work out where I may have been going wrong on others as well. Of course knowing what line I should be taking and when to break is one thing, actually doing it is another. But I have definitely learned a few things I don't think I would have figured out on my own.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 3

Great advice and I will second the points Skorpion and DJ made. Work on clean, mistake free laps. A crash costs more time than slowing down. The phrase "Slow in, fast out" comes from racing in the real world and it works in GTA too. Watching videos of the fast guys will let you see how much they slow down for the tricky bits. The videos are great because I'm mid-pack or worse and never actually get to see the fast drivers during a race. Finally, never give up, I only park it if I get a phone call or have to deal with something IRL. No matter how bad your race has gone you can always put a few good turns together at the end or save yourself from the DNF.

I post all the jobs that will be in my playlist beforehand so you can always use that list to practice the races beforehand. So does Dodge .

• Like 1