Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Athena

Has anyone picked up the new Metal Gear Solid game? I got it on the day it was released. I love the Metal Gear games and I have to say, I absolutely love this one. The maps are vast and the graphics are beautiful. I can spend hours just roaming around looting outposts. So far, there isn't one thing I don't like about this game; for me it is the perfect game.

I got it aswell on PC, it's a really good game, it's Kojima for crying out loud, might be his best work yet, although Silent Hills looked like something that could've been the best horror... thing... ever!

I will say that MGSV:TPP has some flaws though, but I think it might be in correlation to Konami's weird plans and Kojima splitting with them, the story is good, but it seems like we're missing something, I wonder if they will make a paid DLC in the future with the "rest" of the missions we need, sadly.

Although, gameplay is really awesome, I mean, fulton extraction? I enjoy that every time :P

Quiet is oversexualized, I really didn't want to see that, but meh, Kojima, i don't know if he's 16 years old inside or whatever the reason for putting her in there, they could've made a more strong independant female as a badass in this game, not that quiet isn't, but all the oversexualization just breaks it completely imho.

Great game though, hugely amazing, Kiefer Sutherland and Troy Baker just knocks it out of the park.

b2ExQd1.png

I'm not so sure about this one honestly.

Not because of the game play. I'm sure it is wonderfully and meticulously made, like most of them. For me though the story line and narrative has just completely gone off the handle. It doesn't interest anymore and it's bordered more on the ridiculous with fantasy elements (not that I have anything against this aspect as I more dislike sci-fi, but it feels off putting considering the history). In short I feel like it has lost touch of its' roots. I loved Snake Eater and MGS 2 is my favorite title in the franchise.

Hideo Kojima needs to let this series end. It's far too convoluted with far too many confusing backstories and cross references and retcons and time skips for me to bother anymore. Not saying games need to be done chronologically, but it just feels so forced to keep a franchise running. I've never personally been a fan of series that give you a story then backtrack and fast forward across various titles and would rather be presented up front with this information.

Again, it's not the actual game play as I've played demos of Ground Zeroes and enjoyed it. Certain titles I can compartmentalize narrative vs gameplay (like GTA, the story sucks) and others I can only sustain my interest for so long (much like Assassin's Creed, the Ezio arc was incredible and then it just became grounds for corporate templates and recycled bullshit). Metal Gear Solid is just something I can't do anymore and I'm sure many will disagree with me.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I agree, Haste, Quiet is oversexualized to the point of being ridiculous. She's such a badass sniper, but the lack of clothing and mannerisms are so out there.

I've given up on trying to keep up with all the backstories and the time lines. I just play the game because for me, it's a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new here, currently being vetted in GTAO. The only other game I play is MGO3.

It would be cool to get the GTAO crew on MGO3.

What're the chances I can get in on something like that?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I started my adventure with this game recently and so far I like it, very much! Generally I'm not too bothered about story lines in games what matters to me is that it plays well, looks and sounds good and does not have lots of obvious bugs. Have not tried FOB online missions yet because I have not proressed enough in the campaign/ story. Also have not tried MGO yet.