UberL33tPwner69

I got Watch_Dogs, per ERIN's suggestion, for $17.99 at GameStop. I gotta tell you, I've been totally invested in it for the last couple of days... It's essentially InFamous meets Metal Gear.

The slamming it got from the gaming community is well deserved as it is not nearly as polished as the hyped-up ad campaign made it out to be.

The main character is an "empty trench coat" as many reviewers have claimed. But, I like his gruff, gaurded personae. I think it fits his role. The supporting cast adds all the extra personality the game needs.

Really disappointed with vehicle gameplay though... The car chases are great when you're using all your tricks. But, the core mechanics of vehicles is garbage. The sound effects, even the horn honks, sound canned and synthetic. And, I mean literally canned, like my headphones are shoved in tin cans. The camera is lacking as it doesn't auto-center fast enough and you can't look around, only back, in first-person. Pedestrians overreact to your driving to the point of being comical. I literally crawled into a parking slot and still had NPCs running for their lives...

This game really shines on foot. The map is big with plent of detail and NPC bustle. NPC interactions, especially with each other, are amusing and sometimes down right hilarious. The gunplay is great with excellent enemy AI. There's lots of cool guns and gadgets to buy and craft. Lots of exploring and free running. On foot is where it's at.

The star of this game, when all is said and done, is your smartphone. It's the most important item in your inventory. It's essentially your remote to control the city. I've spent more time freeroaming with my smartphone stopping random violent crimes than following the campaign... Not to say that the story isn't panning out. It's just too much fun to eavesdrop on NPCs and siphon money from their bank accounts. Hehe.

I haven't got to do any multiplayer yet, but it looks like it will be interesting. From what I can see it will be similar to what Phantom Pain is doing with world invasions from other players.

Thanks for recommending this, ERIN! :)

Warning: Actual game may not look this pretty...

UberL33tPwner69_XDBX_Sig.png

I've got this game but have yet to play it. I started, but it seems rather complex at first and there is a bit to learn to play smoothly and I wasn't in the mood to learn so I've since put it away, and actually forgot about it until now :P.

As you said, the driving is really bad, but I guess you could get used to it. The whole idea of being a hacker and being able to control literally everything around you from your phone is something that interests me. With the way technology is going, I don't think it is that unrealistic and can easily get into the story.

Hopefully I can get into it again soon and finish it :)

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I was only yesterday saying Id like to see a Watch Dogs 2, but have those few things like vehicle mechanics etc improved. I didnt finish this when I had it on PS3, but have been thinking about getting it again for PS4 to fill the bordem until new games are released.

The idea of a free-roam with hacking is something I really enjoy.

I agree this is worth getting, just dont expect a perfect, fine-tuned game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This game is not bad at all. Today i was playing and suddenly a real person joined my game (story mode) to try to hack me. I had to find him and kill him. It's very different... Dynamic, because everything happens so quick and you have to find a real person in the middle of npcs...

I rate it 6/10.

• Like 2

I liked it. Would have completed it if not for GTA coming out. Unfortunately you have to be connected to the internet to play so I won't get chance to pick it back up when I move and don't have internet for a couple of weeks. I'll be getting the new AC though to keep me occupied. Either that or go for the platinum on GTA