noob questions

nicolabellamy77

i'm a total noob at destiny lol and i thought id create a thread where i can ask questions if anyone wants to help, right now my questions are

where is the speaker area at the tower?

how do i earn legendary marks?

what is the best way to earn glimmer?

i think thats it for now haha

• Like 2

nicolabellamy77.png

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nicolabellamy77

• rofur

• SeymorScagneti

• Pr0fane

Heroic Strikes and completing certain quests are the only guaranteed way to get marks that I know of, you'll get random marks here and there.

Glimmer, patrols pay off a fair bit, there are items like Black Wax Idol that increase the amount of glimmer you get for certain enemies for 10 minutes (check your inventory)

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

1. as soon as you load in turn left and then keep going, he is on the left in the enclosed are with the glowing orbs
  2. Legendary marks are earned from the crucible or the vangaurd strike playlist
  3. -Go to mars and the exclusion zone on hard if you can (won't be able to at the moment) then get to the checkpoint where the big doors open and the ship arrives kill all the enemies bar 1-3 of the non yellow (Not sure if the yellow will be there)and let them kill you then rinse and repeat (Run a buff for more glimmer :) )

-Go to the moon and the sword of crota get to the point where there is a cliff on the left hand side kill the enemies and jump off same as before needs to be on hard and run a                buff :)

If you don't have hard available just play the game it gets you glimmer reasonably quick :)

• as soon as you load in turn left and then keep going, he is on the left in the enclosed are with the glowing orbs
  • Legendary marks are earned from the crucible or the vangaurd strike playlist
  • -Go to mars and the exclusion zone on hard if you can (won't be able to at the moment) then get to the checkpoint where the big doors open and the ship arrives kill all the enemies bar 1-3 of the non yellow (Not sure if the yellow will be there)and let them kill you then rinse and repeat (Run a buff for more glimmer :) )
-Go to the moon and the sword of crota get to the point where there is a cliff on the left hand side kill the enemies and jump off same as before needs to be on hard and run a buff :)

If you don't have hard available just play the game it gets you glimmer reasonably quick :)

Yeah what Adsyfindlay said although I don't think crucible let's you earn legendary marks at the moment. Bungie said you could though so idk if they'll add them later?

You can also get marks by dismantling year 2 legendary armour and weapons that you don't want, I think you get 3 marks apiece unleveled and 5 if it's leveled up.

You can earn legendary marks from the daily crucible PL on the bottom left. You get 15 for your first match win or lose.

Grimoire cards aren't really important IMO. People used to judge you by your grimoire score.

• Like 1

oh right so its basically something just to show off lol nothing usefull from them

I think you can read about stuff that's on them on Bungie's site but it has no impact on anything in game.

• Like 1

Grimoire is used on the website to fill in the wholes in the story with bits of information that unlock with each one. Doesn't serve any purpose actually in the game though :)

does anyone know where to find hadium flakes? i need 25 of them i think and im searching the dreadnaught and  i cant find any

Some are in rooms, caves, some are out in the open behind columns, walls, etc. Basically, needles in a haystack.

i just found 3 chests 1 i can open and the other 2 needs. a key of ur and womsinger rune

The keys and runes will drop from killing certain enemies...all RNG.

Some are in rooms, caves, some are out in the open behind columns, walls, etc. Basically, needles in a haystack.

The keys and runes will drop from killing certain enemies...all RNG.

no worries ive got 3 so far so i think i just need to be patient

nicolabellamy77.png

If you get wormsinger rune I would read up on it before using it, nearly used it last night until I realised it spawns a whole load of enemies you have to kill before you get anything

If you get wormsinger rune I would read up on it before using it, nearly used it last night until I realised it spawns a whole load of enemies you have to kill before you get anything

Yeah and after you do it you have to go and physically look for trouble!

Did this the other day, got a message saying a hive patrol was in the area, waited around for them to show up and then it said they gave up the search!

Yeah and after you do it you have to go and physically look for trouble!

Did this the other day, got a message saying a hive patrol was in the area, waited around for them to show up and then it said they gave up the search!

that happened to me aswell

• Like 1

nicolabellamy77.png

does anyone know how to get collectibles like relic iron, treasure chests and stuff to show up on your little map?

For relic iron, spin metal, spirit bloom, helium, and wormspore to show up, you need to have a ghost shell that has one of those as the available perks. You can buy them from the speaker, the vanguard/crucible vendors, or get them as RNG drops through the crucible and PvE stuff.

For treasure chests, the only way I know is through test weapons from the gunsmith.

Edited by SeymorScagneti
  • Like 1

Yeah what Seymor said and if you're a hunter you can choose a perk in the skill tree that's called "keen scout". This gives you a little marker on your mini map while on patrol.

Yeah what Seymor said and if you're a hunter you can choose a perk in the skill tree that's called "keen scout". This gives you a little marker on your mini map while on patrol.

Should add that this is only with the nightstalker subclass

• Like 1

For treasure chests, the only way I know is through test weapons from the gunsmith.

I now have a shotgun that briefly shows everything on the map when I get a kill with it.  Odd perk, but interesting one.

pr0fane0ne.jpg

cool i am a hunter nightstalker subclass so i need to look at that, is it the same for finding dead ghosts?

That's a good point, not really checked this so I don't know.

It would be good if the perk did help, failing that there's loads of guides on YouTube.

cool i am a hunter nightstalker subclass so i need to look at that, is it the same for finding dead ghosts?

Nope.  Neither abilities nor weapon perks will let you see either ghost shells or calcified fragments.

pr0fane0ne.jpg