Tech Nerds: Google Play Services Error

OMG.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.  It had a system update a few days ago and now all I'm getting is this error:

"Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" and "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped."

This has been going on all day.  I've Googled the error/issue and can't seem to find a solution to solve this.  I have unlinked my Google account and tried to re-sync it, but it's telling me that there was an error communicating with the Google servers.

My daughter's tablet (same tablet) isn't receiving these errors.  My phone (Android as well...) is having zero issues.

Is anyone else getting these issues?  I've reported it to Google and hoping some kind of fix will be in order soon.  It just drives me crazy.  The tablet is still usable, but those error messages pop up every few seconds.  There's a few of you with Android powered items, so I need to know if I am alone.

Thanks.  It's just annoying.  I hope they have some other kind of "hot fix" update that will take care of this.  When I click on my Gmail app, it kicks me out with the same errors.  I was thinking maybe it was just Gmail that was down, but I can log into my account on my laptop.

Sometimes technology makes me all : FIRE :

If you updated it might be a bug, if it were me I would restore the tablet to factory settings, not the one found under settings, the one you get by pressing vol up or vol down when the device is booting. It's probably the best advice I can give you... On my tab I rooted it and installed a custom firmware, I don't get official android update notifications

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I uninstalled Google Play Services and made it sit at factory settings for the time being.  Those stupid errors are no more.  :P  It says I need to install it to use a few apps, but those are apps I don't even use on my tablet.  So I can go without until Google fixes it.

• Like 1

Same issue with Samsung S5.

Constantly getting this notification, once every second, eventually I switched the phone off because it's really annoying.

I also tried removing it as did Jag, it worked for a while, but with wifi enabled it'll come back with the next Google update.

Edited by DavidCore89

My Samsung work phone kept playing up with errors after an update, I just did a factory reset in the end and works "ok" now. Thankfully work are replacing them anyway. (hopefully with the HTC, my personal M8 has no issues ever)

yFn5uY6.png

I've been trying to resist helping but seeing as there are a few of you with similar problems on different phones I'll help.

There is one easy solution.

BUY AN IPHONE!

• Like 1

Completely reset (factory reset) your device then install it again. Should fix the hiccup.

Sometimes a factory app has hiccups, so you need to reinstall it again. Make sure it's completely deleted first as the com. File might be bugged.

I'm just basing this pn my JB iPhone experience, since my Android still has a warranty.

A8FgB70.jpg

I've been trying to resist helping but seeing as there are a few of you with similar problems on different phones I'll help.

There is one easy solution.

BUY AN IPHONE!

It's not a phone I'm having the problems on.  It's a tablet... and iPad's are shit too.