Advice needed

xChaosxSniperx19

A couple days ago I was told by my brother that he is going to get me something for my birthday which was 2 months ago. I am faced with 2 choices. 

Choice #1: Get Destiny: The Taken King

Choice #2: Get my PS3 back that I had given to him at the beginning of this year. (I needed the money he gave me for it)

The reason I need advice on which to choose is because on my PS3 I had some games I loved playing, including GTA 5 which means I would be able to play GTA with both PS3 & PS4 members if I choose to get it back. But if I was to get TTK I would be able to join the Destiny clan and play with crew members who also play Destiny. 

I've been weighing the pros and cons of each but the reason above is where I keep getting stuck and would appreciate any advice which would help me make my decision.

My choice would be the PS3 since Im not into Destiny. However, I assume you are, so I have two thoughts:

1. If you choose TTK, would you still want your PS3 back? If you choose the PS3, would you still be wanting TTK?

Assuming you want both equally:

2. If you choose the PS3, you can save for TTK quicker than if you choose TTK and save for a PS3.

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 1

If u had both which would u use the least? Get what u will use more

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

If u had both which would u use the least? Get what u will use more

I used both my consoles equally when I had my PS3 and after reading what Skorpion posted above, the second part is true. I spent $300 - $500+ on games and DLCs for my PS3 and would be able to save for TTK when I get a job again. 

Note that with the end of updates on PS3, it seems likely that the PS3 side of the crew will decline more rapidly than before.

A few of us are talking about upgrading in the coming months.

Note that with the end of updates on PS3, it seems likely that the PS3 side of the crew will decline more rapidly than before.

A few of us are talking about upgrading in the coming months.

I was originally planning on getting TTK before he gave me the two choices which is why I'm having trouble on deciding which to choose. I loved playing the PS3 and having it again would be fun but I also played the trial version of Destiny and thought it was fun too. 

Do whatever will give you the most enjoyment.

You're already familiar with GTA 5. Destiny, as much as I'm not a fan, would be a new experience and will keep you gaming and having fun with people. Besides, PS3s are still around. Come holiday season (same applies to Destiny) there will undoubtedly be some Black Friday and/or other deals to get a cheap and NEW PS3 if you're still interested.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Do whatever will give you the most enjoyment.

You're already familiar with GTA 5. Destiny, as much as I'm not a fan, would be a new experience and will keep you gaming and having fun with people. Besides, PS3s are still around. Come holiday season (same applies to Destiny) there will undoubtedly be some Black Friday and/or other deals to get a cheap and NEW PS3 if you're still interested.

+1

I still have and use my PS3 every now and then, but if it stops working, I won't ever replace it.

As more of the crew shifts towards PS4 and with the impending end of PS3 updates, I'll likely move to PS4 permanently by the end of the year and simply use the PS3 as a BluRay player only.

I suppose it's a tough choice, but do what you prefer--I personally think you would likely get more longevity out of Destiny, but I don't personally play it, so I can't speak for experience as far as replay value is concerned.

Good luck! :)

After thinking about it and reading over the advice you guys have given me. I decided that I'm going to stay with PS4 gaming and told my brother to get Destiny which he said he'll be either pre-ordering for me over the weekend or buying when it comes out. 

Thanks for the advice everyone and I look forward to playing with members who play Destiny when I get it.

Edited by xChaosxSniperx19
  • Like 2