Bikerchute - testing the principle

djw180

I hope it's OK to post this here. It's not anything like a proper race, but I would like a couple of people to test something to see if they encounter the same bug that I do. I have reported this to Rock Star support but they have asked if anyone else can test it to make sure it's not just a problem with my PS3.

Made on PS3, but I would appreciate someone trying it on PS4 as well.

GTA p2p bike race.

2 players (but meant to be done solo for a crew challenge)

RSC link http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/spike180/games/gtav/jobs/job/EkUQOqbVoEyLtS3sCCO2ww?platformId=2

I have made this as short as possible just for testing the concept. If it can be made to work it would be a lot longer.

What is supposed to happen

You do this as GTA so that you can get off the bike. Towards the end of the race you go up a ramp, jump off the bike and parachute to the end.

Problem

Obviously you need to have a parachute for this to work. But it appears you can only use a parachute once in any session. If you mess up the parachuting and respawn before the ramp, you no longer have a parachute. If you finish and choose replay from the voting screen you no longer have a parachute on the 2nd attempt. This ought to be easily solved. Parachutes can be placed as pick ups in GTA races. But they don't work for me. I can ride over the pickups and see the message saying I have picked up a parachute. But if I check my equipped weapons or take the ramp there is no parachute.

What I'd like you to do

In order to confirm this is a bug in the creator and / or GTA races please do this;

• start the race and wait for the Weapons Have Been Activated message
  • get off the bike and check to see if you have parachute, select weapons and if there it will be on the bottom right of the weapons wheel
  • if you do have one please follow the checkpoints, up the ramp, jump off, parachute to the end, then select replay from the voting screen and repeat
  • if you do not have one please drive through the parachute pickups
  • assuming you get the You Have Picked Up A Parachute message, get off the bike and check to see if you do now have one
  • if you don't then you have the same bug as me, so either quit or ride to the end without taking the ramp
  • then let me know how you got on

Thanks very much to anyone who can give this a go.

• Like 1

If it's ok with Lann we could try this tonight after the testing PL. Is there a maximum number of players who can take part in the race?

I set it to 2 players as it's meant for solo challenge and that way I had more options for placing the grid.

Thanks very much Squirrel & Lan

I do need someone to have go on a PS3 as well, to rule out it being just a PS3 bug.

Edited by djw180

Just tested it on PS4 and having the same problem.

I saved a video of it as well, but waiting on it to upload. Will post it when I wake up.

Would also be worth creating and testing on PS4 to check if its a PS3 creator bug. Id do it now, but Im off to bed. Ill do it in the morning if nobody else does it first.

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 1

• Consigliere

It's definitely glitched on the PS3 too.

First time, I had a parachute already equipped at the beginning, went off the ramp, parachuted down and ended up still far away from the finish, so I quit the race and then reloaded it. After reloading the race, I didn't have a parachute equipped at the beginning of the race. I went through a parachute pick-up, got the message, but I didn't have a parachute equipped. After dropping into free roam, my parachute was gone!

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

So it is obviously bugged but is it only when the job is replayed that you get the error? 

I know this will make crew challenges difficult as you won't have the replayability but can a race using a parachute still be created succesfully?

So it is obviously bugged but is it only when the job is replayed that you get the error? 

I know this will make crew challenges difficult as you won't have the replayability but can a race using a parachute still be created succesfully?

If you have a parachute, do the race as intended, quit at the voting screen, do the race again, you have no parachute and you can't pick one up. I also tried putting two similar ones together in a playlist. The first one is fine (if you already have a parachute) the 2nd one you have no parachute.

So there's two different "issues".

One is a simple bug, that picked up parachutes in GTA races do not work, they are simply not picked up. They do work in captures, they work in free roam. I don't think I've ever tried one in a DM or LTS. Getting in a plane or helicopter will also give you a parachute. I tried baling out of a plane in a air-GTA race and you can't do that.

The other is that the game seems to regard a parachute as a weapon with 1 round of ammunition. Once you have used it that's it. You have no more "ammunition" in your parachute slot. Unlike other weapons there is no option to buy more parachut-ammunition just before the mission starts.

I can't remember every single thing I tried. But I think finding a new session re-fills your parachute slot. Certainly quitting GTAO and re-staring does. But obviously neither of those are practical solutions. So as it stands any races like this are not practical.

Response from RockStar Support

"We are sorry to hear that you are facing an issue with our game. We are aware of the issue as few of our customers are facing the same issue. Unfortunately, at this moment we cannot give an exact time for when this issue will be fixed. But, we can confirm that the issue will be looked into. We apologize if this causes you any inconvenience."

I looked on their community support pages and people posted there about the same thing just after Heists came out. I wonder if it worked before that?

Edited by djw180

Every update they've brought out, especially after the heists, has seriously messed up something in the creator or game in general. I'm guessing it was possible before, yes, but it doesn't matter much now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have at least found a way round this bug. I just have to do the race via Fort Z. Get into a Lazer, get out and a parachute is equipped. Then continue the race on the bike.

Or add a little air race element to it as well. No point wasting that Lazer.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1