PS4 update 3.0 details

SeymorScagneti

PlayStation has detailed the features that will be introduced in its upcoming PS4 system software update 3.00. Codenamed Kenshin, the update will increase online storage capacity from 1GB to 10GB for PS Plus Members, introduce YouTube live-streaming capabilities, and allow direct sharing of videos up to ten seconds long on Twitter.

PS4 update 3.00 will also introduce a new events hub, which will provide an overview to players of activities taking place in the games they play the most. This may highlight events such as a double XP weekend, a special enemy appearing at a scheduled time, or the launch of seasonal in-game events. Players will be able to receive notifications when events start or when scheduling changes.

The Friends app will be updated with a Favourite Groups feature, allowing users to organise their friends list. Users will be able to send a "Request to Watch" notification to friends, which will start a live broadcast or launch a Share Play invitation when accepted.

Communities will also be introduced, with users able to create a Community with access to a message board and the ability to join parties or games through a Community Now Playing area. The Now Playing screen will be overhauled to show more information on the activities of users' friends lists.

Participants in the PlayStation beta program will be able to access the beta for update 3.0 "very soon." Sony did not provide an expected timeline for when the update will go live for all users.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-update-300-detailed-beta-coming-soon/1100-6430247/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

• Like 4

Bless those Beta testers hearts but that not happening on my system, who will compensate if the console brakes and I thought ps4 owners figured out a way to stream on youtube already. I guess I will wait a couple months after it officially releases before updating to avoid any issue that might arise as what happened in the 2.55 update.

Still no notification when my PS4 friends sign in/out?  Lame.

I do like the "favorites" group and would love it if I could get notifications when those people signed in/out.  I need to stalk, you know?

I do like the "favorites" group and would love it if I could get notifications when those people signed in/out.  I need to stalk, you know?

That would get old very quick if you had hundreds or thousands of friends... It'd be constant. PS3 was easier to tolerate with the 100 limit.

Notifications are very annoying, I turned off the party one recently because it's too much when one person rejoins the same party a million times, it's always on my screen and it also stops me from using my PS Button otherwise I'll be thrown into a party that I didn't want.

At least with the favourites group, it'll be easier and quicker to see when particular people are online.

• Like 2

I can understand how it would get annoying.  That's why I'd love it if you would only get notifications for those in your "favorites".  For the people I game with on an almost daily basis, it would be nice to know when the sign in so I can send them an invite right away.  As it currently stands, you either have to check your friend's list constantly or wait for them to send you a message.

• Like 1

Is this something that anyone can get?  I might check it out if that's the case.

I don't think so, I got an e-mail saying I was picked and they gave me a code to redeem.

• Like 1

It looks like a decent update.

That would get old very quick if you had hundreds or thousands of friends... It'd be constant. PS3 was easier to tolerate with the 100 limit.

Notifications are very annoying, I turned off the party one recently because it's too much when one person rejoins the same party a million times, it's always on my screen and it also stops me from using my PS Button otherwise I'll be thrown into a party that I didn't want.

I'd love to have that notification when people sign in/off, but I can definitely see how it would become overwhelming on PS4.  It certainly made things easier when hosting PLs and job hopping.  I agree about the Party notification feature though--I'm not quite sure what that is even a feature when the sign on/sign off feature isn't.  I had to disable mine right after I bought the system.

Edited by LN-MLB

The communities feature will be a great thing IMO, we can have an XDBX community online that will kind of work like the shoutbox here, I believe it is a great new feature :)

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Can we clear all the upload notifications at once? Hate that you can't upload when that area is full and it doesn't tell you that it's full either

I really hope that gets added in, I didn't know you couldn't upload once the list was full, I kind of delete them one by one when there are lots of notifications so I never noticed it wouldn't upload anymore

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...