Drug Seizure

PrancingSkeleton

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A capture I finished today. If you are a gang member, you must deliver the drugs from the pickup to the drop off, and if you are the police, you must intercept the drug deal and bring the drugs back to the Vinewood Police Station for further investigation. Watch out though. Both sides will have backup. The gang members will find their backup guarding the drug pickup and drop off, and the police will find theirs guarding the police station. Teamwork is essential. A couple notes:

- The vehicles found anywhere but the spawn points are props only, please do not use them.

- The capture is better with more people.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/TZH5R2ZYPUqOMidEJK6pxQ

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 1

This was a fun capture, Skeleton.  :)

I like the idea of having both teams "role play" as cops and gangsters.

The prop vehicles at each base fit in really well too.  Just keep in mind though, if those vehicles are there and can be accessed, players will use them.  :D

You can either take them out altogether, or purposely make them available for use.  Just make sure they are balanced though.  For example, if you have a chopper at the gang base, you'll need to place one at the police HQ as well.

The weapons seemed fine, however a few players mentioned not being able to shoot from their vehicle.  Considering this capture covers quite a large area and vehicles play a big role, it may be a good idea to set the starting weapon to some sort of pistol or Micro SMG so it can be fired from a vehicle, or at least place some of them as pick-ups.

Another thing to keep in mind.  Because of the large area, once a player collects a capture, it takes them a long time to deliver it to their base and then drive back to the action.

You can easily spend a most of time driving back and forth, rather than engaging the other team.  

It's entirely up to you if you want to change that though.  At the moment, it feels like a cross between a capture and a contact mission, which is not a bad thing IMO, but for players to feel a little more "involved" in the capture, it may pay to move the bases or starting points closer in.

The initial drive to the capture point is almost balanced, but the police team did arrive there quicker each time, so you could probably make a minor adjustment to that if you wanted.

I would suggest moving the gang team around the corner and onto the nearby bridge.  Not only would it move them slightly closer, but it would also provide a clear path/direction for them to take. 

Also, you have the timer set to 15 minutes, which is fine for a single round to play out properly, but I would lower the target score to 1 round.  Otherwise this job could potentially take 45 minutes plus loading times to complete.

However, if you want multiple rounds, then it's a good idea to lower the time limit to 10 minutes or less.

All in all, a pretty fun capture.  Both sides won a round, so it seems fairly balanced.

It's not too confusing or complicated, and with just a few little changes here and there, it will play out really well.  :)

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 1

Only got to play one round due to school pick up, but here are my thoughts:

Good capture.  I like the idea you have here.

I used a helicopter since I had no idea they were there just "for show".  Like Snacks said, if the vehicles are there, people will use them.

If you want to keep this two rounds, definitely lower the time limits.  I'd do 8-10 minutes per round.

Snacks pretty much has it covered since he was there the whole time.

• Like 1

This looks interesting, but you mentioned it's called "Drug Seizure" and not "Deug Seizure".  According to RSC, it's called "Drug Capture".

Do you want me to change your title on the forum?  If so, do you want it as Drug Seizure or Drug Capture?

Edited by LN-MLB

I used a helicopter since I had no idea they were there just "for show".  Like Snacks said, if the vehicles are there, people will use them.

Yeah, I used the Armoured Police Riot Van from the police HQ.  Thought I was real bad-ass for a while.  :)

Then I heard the other team was using a chopper.  Didn't feel so bad-ass anymore in my slow truck.  :(

Manage to squish Chaos with it in the last second of the capture though.  :lol:

• Like 2

Not much to say here, i'm not a creator myself so i wouldn't know what to tell you because  to me it played out well and i had fun playing it.
Agree with the above posts, i also took a chopper :) and i thought it was funny (no disrespect m8) when you said they're just props. If it is a good job (imo it is) people are going to play it when you're not there and they won't know the choppers are only props :D

Either way good job m8 :)

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

This was a fun capture, Skeleton.  :)

I like the idea of having both teams "role play" as cops and gangsters.

The prop vehicles at each base fit in really well too.  Just keep in mind though, if those vehicles are there and can be accessed, players will use them.  :D

You can either take them out altogether, or purposely make them available for use.  Just make sure they are balanced though.  For example, if you have a chopper at the gang base, you'll need to place one at the police HQ as well.

The weapons seemed fine, however a few players mentioned not being able to shoot from their vehicle.  Considering this capture covers quite a large area and vehicles play a big role, it may be a good idea to set the starting weapon to some sort of pistol or Micro SMG so it can be fired from a vehicle, or at least place some of them as pick-ups.

Another thing to keep in mind.  Because of the large area, once a player collects a capture, it takes them a long time to deliver it to their base and then drive back to the action.

You can easily spend a most of time driving back and forth, rather than engaging the other team.  

It's entirely up to you if you want to change that though.  At the moment, it feels like a cross between a capture and a contact mission, which is not a bad thing IMO, but for players to feel a little more "involved" in the capture, it may pay to move the bases or starting points closer in.

The initial drive to the capture point is almost balanced, but the police team did arrive there quicker each time, so you could probably make a minor adjustment to that if you wanted.

I would suggest moving the gang team around the corner and onto the nearby bridge.  Not only would it move them slightly closer, but it would also provide a clear path/direction for them to take. 

Also, you have the timer set to 15 minutes, which is fine for a single round to play out properly, but I would lower the target score to 1 round.  Otherwise this job could potentially take 45 minutes plus loading times to complete.

However, if you want multiple rounds, then it's a good idea to lower the time limit to 10 minutes or less.

All in all, a pretty fun capture.  Both sides won a round, so it seems fairly balanced.

It's not too confusing or complicated, and with just a few little changes here and there, it will play out really well.  :)

I was thinking of adding a chopper at the police station, but you can only have 5 different vehicles in a capture, which sucks. I'll see what I'll do about it. For the weapons, I'm going to change them to the Micro MG. I feel pretty stupid setting it to that in the first place :lol: The reason why I put the drop offs so far from the drugs was to try and simulate a police chase, if you know what I mean. For now, I'll keep it as is and see what people think. Also, the police are supposed to arrive there quicker, that's why there are 4 gang members that I set to high accuracy to slow them down until the other team gets there. However, I will change the default vehicle for the gang team to the Jester, since it drives at around the same speed as the Cruiser. I do agree with you on the confusing path, since it happened to me when testing it. I plan on changing it. Thanks for your advice, really appreciated :D

This looks interesting, but you mentioned it's called "Drug Seizure" and not "Deug Seizure".  According to RSC, it's called "Drug Capture".

Do you want me to change your title on the forum?  If so, do you want it as Drug Seizure or Drug Capture?

I have to change the title on GTA. I was going to change it but I forgot to :lol:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

<strong class='bbc'>Automatic message</strong><br /><br /><br />This topic has been moved from "PS4 Crew Created Captures" to "Captures".