Star Wars Games

JuniorChubb

Edit: Just updated the thread title to be a little more encompassing.

Just wondering if we have any fans of the Star Wars Battlefront Series here on RSC?

I have enjoyed all the versions I have played, SWBF2 took a bit of a hammering over the loot box debacle it I still enjoyed playing.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2

I have missed a lot since I last played, Ewok Hunt, Co-op play etc. I’m going to jump on in the next week or so, anyone fancy jumping on for a game or two?

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

2 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

I've actullsy got the first one. it came with Cat JR's playsttaion

So have I, not sure what the state of online but IIRC they do private sessions.  👍

I’ve got the original Battlefront 2 from 2005 on the PC if anyone wants to play that 😂

I refuse to give EA any money these days due to their very dodgy microtransaction policies however I am on the look out for a cheap pre owned copy. If I find one at a price to suit a tight Yorkshireman then I may join in. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Squirrel said:

You sure that’s Battlefront 2? The first one is that price. Second one is still being priced around the £20 mark. 

Yeah I meant the first one, that's the one I inherited, I'd never willingly pay money for a star wars game lol

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

24 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Yeah I meant the first one, that's the one I inherited, I'd never willingly pay money for a star wars game lol

sad face GIF

• 2 weeks later...

I fired up Battlefront 2 last night...

I was a bit overwhelmed by all the new content they have added and didn’t even have a game, just scrolled through all the hero outfit variants, trooper variants etc.

Pretty sure there is new solo player content too.

Looking forward to jumping on in the near future.

On 9/27/2019 at 5:18 PM, JuniorChubb said:

Just updated the thread title so it’s a little more inclusive.

And also so I could post this...

Now this is a Star Wars game I can get behind. It will be getting purchased. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Now this is a Star Wars game I can get behind. It will be getting purchased. 

That was my initial thought...

Have you played Lego Force Awakens?

For me it was a big disappointment, I think they veered away from the original format too much.

I am really looking forward to this, as long as they don’t try to be too clever with it. The original format works fine IMO.

Also, a bit of online Co Op would be cool too.

54 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

That was my initial thought...

Have you played Lego Force Awakens?

For me it was a big disappointment, I think they veered away from the original format too much.

I am really looking forward to this, as long as they don’t try to be too clever with it. The original format works fine IMO.

Also, a bit of online Co Op would be cool too.

I’ve not played a Lego game since the first Marvel one and not a Star Wars one since they released the complete saga in one game. 

• Like 1

They should've brought a title like The Old Republic to consoles to rival the mmorpg league. Just having the Star Wars stamp would get them sales against the competition alone..

Though.. Bethesda probably would've been the best dev team for that idea?

15 minutes ago, TheWordIsMarc said:

They should've brought a title like The Old Republic to consoles to rival the mmorpg league. Just having the Star Wars stamp would get them sales against the competition alone..

Using the Skyrim engine would work well, even more so if they develop the game for VR as well as running in 2D 

Its amazing swinging swords and launching off fire and lightning bolts in VR and if that engine was used for Star Wars it would be incredible. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheWordIsMarc said:

Jedi Fallen Order is out soon IIRC but I doubt there is much role playing to it. Also it is EA and they have this annoying habit of creating characters that IMO don’t fit the universe well. Trailer is below, and it’s not very inspiring to me...

Would love Bethesda to do something Star Wars, the chances were slim to none before Disney now there is no chance in hell. ☹️

10 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Using the Skyrim engine would work well, even more so if they develop the game for VR as well as running in 2D 

Its amazing swinging swords and launching off fire and lightning bolts in VR and if that engine was used for Star Wars it would be incredible. 

Right! If Bethesda was handed  brand like Star Wars. Game over in that Genre. They'd dominate. You can see how they go when they work on their own vision. So to mix that with the mind of George Lucas and Co... Ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Jedi Fallen Order is out soon IIRC but I doubt there is much role playing to it. Also it is EA and they have this annoying habit of creating characters that IMO don’t fit the universe well. Trailer is below, and it’s not very inspiring to me...

Would love Bethesda to do something Star Wars, the chances were slim to none before Disney now there is no chance in hell. ☹️

Yea.. I saw that.. Don't think I'll be buying in though. I don't really have the feel for it. I mean just the character alone is a turnoff.. He doesn't scream Badass Jedi to me.. He screams Weak and He'll do if we've got no one else Jedi 😂

Yea, Disney are going to be super sensitive with who they allow to hold onto those brand gaming contracts. But If they'd only take the chance on a Bethesda.. would be magic.  

27 minutes ago, TheWordIsMarc said:

Right! If Bethesda was handed  brand like Star Wars. Game over in that Genre. They'd dominate. You can see how they go when they work on their own vision. So to mix that with the mind of George Lucas and Co... Ridiculous. 

Yea.. I saw that.. Don't think I'll be buying in though. I don't really have the feel for it. I mean just the character alone is a turnoff.. He doesn't scream Badass Jedi to me.. He screams Weak and He'll do if we've got no one else Jedi 😂

Yea, Disney are going to be super sensitive with who they allow to hold onto those brand gaming contracts. But If they'd only take the chance on a Bethesda.. would be magic.  

I don’t know why they don’t take Bounty Hunter, Jedi, Smuggler etc. from one of the films instead of coming up with weak protagonists. Just a wasted opportunity IMO and I don’t expect anything breathtaking from EA/Disney outside of Battlefront.

42 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

You have got Skyrim VR? You cheeky bugger.

Have we spoke about this before and I have forgotten? 😂

I have found a Fallen Order preview that makes it sound a little more positive...

Still not a day one purchase for me but if the pre owned price drops rapidly I may dabble.

• 7 months later...
On 9/26/2019 at 10:38 AM, CatManDoza said:

On 10/11/2019 at 8:40 AM, JuniorChubb said:

I fired up Battlefront 2 last night...

I was a bit overwhelmed by all the new content they have added and didn’t even have a game, just scrolled through all the hero outfit variants, trooper variants etc.

Pretty sure there is new solo player content too.

Looking forward to jumping on in the near future.

Finally Battlefront II is at a price I can justify. Since the microtransaction debacle I’ve said I will never give EA a penny of my cash. Now it’s on PS Plus for June I’ll probably give the single player campaign a go for definite and possibly join some multiplayer if I can handle the game play. 

• Like 2