Star Wars Games

JuniorChubb

12 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Finally Battlefront II is at a price I can justify. Since the microtransaction debacle I’ve said I will never give EA a penny of my cash. Now it’s on PS Plus for June I’ll probably give the single player campaign a go for definite and possibly join some multiplayer if I can handle the game play. 

11 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

@JuniorChubb fire up battlefront 2 old pal

Noice...

The only downside is I don’t think they ever added private matches.

Looking forward to this!

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

12 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Noice...

The only downside is I don’t think they ever added private matches.

Looking forward to this!

doesnt have to be a rpivate match, so long as we can get in the same game like BF1.

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Just now, CatManDoza said:

Free with psplus in June apparently

very nice give us something else to play it a big size though if i remember right but the single player i loved 

1 minute ago, Trashbags said:

very nice give us something else to play it a big size though if i remember right but the single player i loved 

Then I really need to buy that external hard drive then

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

The download and install time on this makes Conan look tiny. Obviously servers are loaded to the max right now, might have it installed by the weekend. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Squirrel said:

The download and install time on this makes Conan look tiny. Obviously servers are loaded to the max right now, might have it installed by the weekend. 

Bing has fired it up too, I added it to my library so if I download it I don’t have burn 2 calories getting up to swap a disc.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't even get me started! I basically spent my middle and high school years exclusively on Jedi Knights 3: Jedi Academy. Good times on that game...

Edited by Abizaga
  • Like 1

GeezeZone 

My forum dedicated to all things 90s and 2000s nostalgia be it internet culture, memes, tv shows, movies or games!

BF2 seems to be a big disappointment so far. The game looks fantastic and the scenery is exactly what I hoped for but the gameplay is ridiculously bad. 

Why couldn’t they just take the original BF2 and remaster it. Now that would have been a game. 

I just want to explore the maps and not get involved with all the multiplayer garbage. 

Disney need to ditch EA and give the license to someone else so we can have a decent open world RPG style game. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Squirrel said:

BF2 seems to be a big disappointment so far. The game looks fantastic and the scenery is exactly what I hoped for but the gameplay is ridiculously bad. 

Why couldn’t they just take the original BF2 and remaster it. Now that would have been a game. 

I just want to explore the maps and not get involved with all the multiplayer garbage. 

Disney need to ditch EA and give the license to someone else so we can have a decent open world RPG style game. 

There is a game that came after battlefront 2 that DID earn a good reputation so we may be looking at a turnaround.

GeezeZone 

My forum dedicated to all things 90s and 2000s nostalgia be it internet culture, memes, tv shows, movies or games!

• 2 months later...

Cheers for the nudge @Squirrel

I think everyone in House Chubb will be playing this.

Gonna have to resist turning it off as soon as the RotJ section is finished, but considering what a good job they usually do I’m sure I’ll play it through to the end.

I just hope they keep it simple, the original Lego SW games worked so well but I think they have tried to be too clever with later titles and added a few levels styles/designs that aren’t as enjoyable to play.

Damn that music gets me everytime.

Already have the one on PS3 for episodes 1-6.

Love the Lego games, especially the humor always very fun ^^

Doubt I'll be buying it now. Maybe next year when the price drops but I know it will be a good time playing this. 

Can't wait for my girl to be older so we can play together ❤️

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Can't wait for my girl to be older so we can play together ❤️

The Star Wars lego games were one of the first games my son could play and enjoy, the co-op play really made them great fun. You’ll really enjoy those moments Fido, make the most of them.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

EA will no longer have sole rights to producing Star Wars games. 

We may finally get something worth playing again!

Too bad they still retain some rights. Wished Lucasfilm Games retook sole ownership of these rights. 

1 minute ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Too bad they still retain some rights. Wished Lucasfilm Games retook sole ownership of these rights. 

Apparently it looks like Ubisoft will be the ones making a Star Wars game. Open world like assassins creed would be great but I’d love to see a Skyrim style VR adventure. 

Crucial part is no pay to win microtransaction crap. 

• Like 1

Read about this yesterday, there seems to be a general consensus that this will go well, I am fully prepared to jump on the hype train with this one.

I know EA got a lot of (deserved) flak over BF2 near launch, in the long run though it was a great game with heaps of content added over time. I really enjoyed playing it despite the shadow the MT’s cast over it.

I haven’t really enjoyed Assassins Creed games but I think this is content based as opposed to gameplay based, so I can see why people will look forward to this.

48 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Read about this yesterday, there seems to be a general consensus that this will go well, I am fully prepared to jump on the hype train with this one.

I know EA got a lot of (deserved) flak over BF2 near launch, in the long run though it was a great game with heaps of content added over time. I really enjoyed playing it despite the shadow the MT’s cast over it.

I haven’t really enjoyed Assassins Creed games but I think this is content based as opposed to gameplay based, so I can see why people will look forward to this.

Ubisoft really know how to make a good looking game. I have no doubt that it will look fantastic. Will be interesting what they do in terms of gameplay or story. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Ubisoft really know how to make a good looking game. I have no doubt that it will look fantastic. Will be interesting what they do in terms of gameplay or story. 

They tend to overdo it in the pre game trailers but yeah, I am expected to look the dogs danglies.

Let the drip fed hype begin!

Real open world on current gen could be epic, real possibilities of something to let you make what you want of things.