The Taken King

rofur

@Haste I kind agree and disagree with you.

While I think a lot of things could be done and handled better by Bungie, I'm excited for this update.

It doesn't sound great but a year after release I think Destiny will be the game it was intended to be.

I've never played WoW, the closest I've got to that type of game would be Skyrim, but TTK will finally address the most annoying part of Destiny - loot drops. The RNG system has been overhauled so it should be a lot less frustrating in that aspect.

Storywise I think a lots going to be filled in with TTK, but again vanilla Destiny should have had it to begin with and it didn't help with the lead writer leaving half way through. And why the Grimoire is not included in game is just stupid.

As for the raids, again, I've not played a game like WoW so VoG and CE are all I know. I personally think Vault of Glass is also better designed than Crota but that's just my opinion.

Anyway we'll just have to see what happens when TTK releases, like you I'm sceptical but also love playing Destiny so I'm a bit conflicted at the moment. I'll probably wait a week or 2 to see what happens and what doesn't. If Bungie fixes everything and comes good on what they promise I'll be there, if not I'll wait until TTK gets discounted on PSN.

Oh, the praying acolytes were actually summoning other hive I think. Just before The Dark Below dlc released you would find them on patrol summoning Blades of Crota, similar to how the Fallen Wolves appear now. It was to get players familiar with the sword mechanics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SeymorScagneti

• rofur

• Haste

• Pr0fane

By holding out on buying TTK before it came out cause I had a feeling it was going to be the very same thing as the old, just reskinned...

The reviews are coming in, and it looks like I might've been right, lots of people saying it's the same thing as before, still pathetic and very short story, no real changes, besides reskins, and everything being a grind, some people do say they have thrown in some humor along the way, but doesn't make up for it's huge flaws.

Also, the price is insane, absolutely insane when you think about how you get almost no content, ("But if you play it for several hundred hours, it's quite cheap for dollar per hour if you think about it") I do not measure my games like this, nor should anyone imho, I prefer quality over quantity, any day.

So sorry guys, I won't be getting this one, I downright refuse to be scammed into spending so much money when I already paid 150$ for the original game + 2 very lacking dlc's and exclusive content which is now worthless.

As most know, I don't play GTA anymore, and with TKK, I don't see a point playing it without the expansion, since you are all playing that.

I will still be on the site as I always am, doing my snapmatic jury stuff, and roaming the forums, maybe in the future when and IF Destiny becomes good, I'll jump back in, or we expand into something else I might be interested in.

Good luck guys :)

Edited by Haste

b2ExQd1.png

I think TTK is pretty good, several new missions. And the missions are far from easy.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

By holding out on buying TTK before it came out cause I had a feeling it was going to be the very same thing as the old, just reskinned...

The reviews are coming in, and it looks like I might've been right, lots of people saying it's the same thing as before, still pathetic and very short story, no real changes, besides reskins, and everything being a grind, some people do say they have thrown in some humor along the way, but doesn't make up for it's huge flaws.

Also, the price is insane, absolutely insane when you think about how you get almost no content, ("But if you play it for several hundred hours, it's quite cheap for dollar per hour if you think about it") I do not measure my games like this, nor should anyone imho, I prefer quality over quantity, any day.

So sorry guys, I won't be getting this one, I downright refuse to be scammed into spending so much money when I already paid 150$ for the original game + 2 very lacking dlc's and exclusive content which is now worthless.

As most know, I don't play GTA anymore, and with TKK, I don't see a point playing it without the expansion, since you are all playing that.

I will still be on the site as I always am, doing my snapmatic jury stuff, and roaming the forums, maybe in the future when and IF Destiny becomes good, I'll jump back in, or we expand into something else I might be interested in.

That was one of the reasons I stopped playing Destiny for 6 months...I didn't want to pay for DLC. Then I got bored with GTA and picked Destiny up again.

The Taken King seems like a new game to me. For now, I'm going to play the shit out of it.

Still hope to see you raid VoG and Crota with us from time to time.

I feel the same as Hatch and Seymor but I respect your decision mate.

It has improved a lot of the things vanilla was lacking imho.

Hope to play alongside you again soon buddy.

• Like 1

Your in the UK arent you? I also thought the price was very expensive for the dlc. Picked my copy up from simply games for £36. It comes with another base disc so I traded my old disc in for a tenner. So really the dlc cost me £26 - I would say its definitely worth getting, loving it so far

• Like 1

No I'm from Denmark mate :)

I appreciate the help guys, but as it is for me now, it's more of a principle in protest against Bungie's (Activision) master marketing and moneymaking plan, I mean 1 full priced triple A game and 3 DLC's for $40 Each within 1 year, and as a 10 year plan? I'm sorry, but no. Me spending $150 a year to play a rehash of a rehash of a rehash? and for that amount of content, no thanks. I just don't support that.

I might jump in now and then to play some VoG or Crota with you guys, if you like having a low level player with you :P

• Like 2

b2ExQd1.png

After 5 hours in one stage of the King's Fall raid against one boss, I found my first piece of Taken King raid gear.  A legendary Light:302 Void sniper rifle, the Defiance of Yasmin.  It is a beast!

• Like 2

pr0fane0ne.jpg

After 5 hours in one stage of the King's Fall raid against one boss, I found my first piece of Taken King raid gear. A legendary Light:302 Void sniper rifle, the Defiance of Yasmin. It is a beast!

Did you manage to finish it?

According to the "Advisors" portion of my Destiny page, there are 5 stages to the raid.  The group I joined had already done the first stage.  I joined just as they started the second stage.  We completed the second stage in about 20 minutes, after they'd been at it for about 3 hours.  We spent about 5 hours altogether on the third stage and yes, completed it.  We then started the fourth stage (by this time it was roughly 6am for me) and I was completely overwhelmed.  Could no longer even think straight. 

Long answer to a short question.  :)

• Like 1

pr0fane0ne.jpg

After 5 hours in one stage of the King's Fall raid against one boss, I found my first piece of Taken King raid gear.  A legendary Light:302 Void sniper rifle, the Defiance of Yasmin.  It is a beast!

fuck-you.gif

According to the "Advisors" portion of my Destiny page, there are 5 stages to the raid.  The group I joined had already done the first stage.  I joined just as they started the second stage.  We completed the second stage in about 20 minutes, after they'd been at it for about 3 hours.  We spent about 5 hours altogether on the third stage and yes, completed it.  We then started the fourth stage (by this time it was roughly 6am for me) and I was completely overwhelmed.  Could no longer even think straight. 

Long answer to a short question.  :)

5 stages?

Wow.

• Like 1

Finished up the Dead Orbit faction quest tonight...holy shit am I glad that's over. I'm so sick of heroic strikes at least until tomorrow.

Is there a quick way to level up factions?  Ive never bothered with them before, up until yesterday all were at 0

Is there a quick way to level up factions?  Ive never bothered with them before, up until yesterday all were at 0

If you're wearing faction shader/emblem/class armor...pretty much all your XP goes to that faction.  Just make sure you visit that faction first and grab the allegiance token.

Also; your class armor materials are now obsolete (I believe) so you can cash those in at your faction representative for faction reputation.  I cashed in something like 400 Plasteel plating (titan armor material) for roughly 4 ranks in Dead Orbit.

Finished up the Dead Orbit faction quest tonight...holy shit am I glad that's over. I'm so sick of heroic strikes at least until tomorrow.

So you got your Exotic Dead Orbit titan mark then?  It is SO sweet!

• Like 2

pr0fane0ne.jpg

If you're wearing faction shader/emblem/class armor...pretty much all your XP goes to that faction.  Just make sure you visit that faction first and grab the allegiance token.

Also; your class armor materials are now obsolete (I believe) so you can cash those in at your faction representative for faction reputation.  I cashed in something like 400 Plasteel plating (titan armor material) for roughly 4 ranks in Dead Orbit.

I cashed in all of my old materials but I couldn't find an exchange for all of the vog/crota materials... is there one?  Ive literally got 1000's of most

I cashed in all of my old materials but I couldn't find an exchange for all of the vog/crota materials... is there one? Ive literally got 1000's of most

Got to the speaker, he exchanges ascendant/radiant shards/energy for MoL.

• Like 1

Ahh crap. I exchanged 1000's of weapon parts, didnt realise you still needed them :/

Can you buy these from anyone?

Edited by markt112

With the old Nightfall XP boost, yes. I used to rank up a faction every 1-2 days with bounties, patrols, dailies, weeklies, etc.

Each faction has 4 shaders, ships, and of course weapons and gear you can get in packages from ranking up.

It really is, def worth that hellish grind.

What I like is you can equip 2 exotic pieces of gear with that thing.

Ahh crap. I exchanged 1000's of weapon parts, didnt realise you still needed them :/

Can you buy these from anyone?

No. You have to dismantle greens, blues, purples, and exotics to get them.