The Weekly Break Down

Lann

The weekly Break Down

What is this?

Each week we leave feedback on one specific land race.

Short version: Run the race, leave feedback in the forum thread for the race, link below.

Long version: 

Who are “we”?

Whoever wants to participate in leaving constructive feedback and possibly participate in any discussions sprung from several members analyzing one specific race.

What kind of feedback?

Feedback can be provided on everything about the race. It needs to be specific to be useful. You do not necessary have to provide a solution, but rather point out any issues experienced or potential improvements.  

Where do we leave the feedback?

In the jobs thread in the Content Creator section of our forum.

When do I leave my feedback?

Any time during the week. 

Why only one (1) race each week?

I want to try it this way to begin with. I hope that with several people focusing on one race it will deepen the dialogue and exchange of thoughts. It will also make it a reasonable effort for each member to examine one race per week. I hope for more feedback than just “sweet race bro, keep them coming”.

Why a race?

A race is easier for a single player to test whenever he/she has the time, compared to a tdm, lts or capture.

Why only land?

Because I don’t know much about air or sea races, and they are less popular. It could easily be extended to include all races if it turns out ok.

What race?

Submitted races are placed in a que and presented weekly.

Submitted how?

Any creator can submit one of their jobs. Once the job has been “broken down” the creator can submit another race. Submit a race by posting the link to the jobs forum-thread in this thread. I will add the jobs to the OP.

Submitting a job, what then?

By submitting a race you are also expected to participate in leaving feedback on the other submitted jobs.

By submitting a race you are to expect other members to post their personal opinion about your creation, and you should be willing to make use of them to improve your creations and hopefully enjoy the creator even more. 

I submitted a race, when will I get feedback?

First come first served, the OP will keep track of the jobs and weeks. 

I want to leave feedback, but not submit any jobs?

No problem, just post the feedback in the jobs thread like the other test drivers.

Edited by Lann3
Updating
  • Like 5

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lann

• Skorpion

• G37

• Chewy

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping this churns out discussion and not just in the way of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" either. IMO it would be unfair for people to keep nominating jobs and not get in on the discussion themselves.

I know this has been a "touchy" issue in the past, but for a bad reason. If you're interested in submitting a track, great! At the same time however this is geared toward constructive criticism. No race is perfect, but our goal here is to take tracks that people are not sure of, could use inspiration toward or even learn a few things to really hone your creations and elevate them. Likewise, this is more geared toward individuals who are looking for fresh pairs of eyes/to have courses tested (weekly PLs are not designed to test new material to see if it will work or not as jobs should be playable). You can think of this as more of an intermediary phase.

Considering races are fundamentally so simple, this should be a fairly easy thing to launch (you only need 1 person and there's no real tricks involved here).

It wasn't stated, however I feel it wouldn't be out of anyone's league if we allowed 2 races per platform per week. That's 2 jobs from PS3 and 2 jobs from PS4. That decision would fall with Lann though since this was his idea.

Effort is the most important thing here. We need people who are willing on both sides of the equation, don't be shy (we want new faces, it's boring if it's always the same couple leaving feedback).

Moving this to the Creator forums for now.

Edited by G37
  • Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

If there is interest enough we could do one ps3 and one ps4 race each week.  

But I do feel there need to be a willingness to participate in order for this to work. So if you are interested please leave a note. 

Im interested. Im not sure I could make it a weekly right now. My personal life is a bit chaotic right now so cant commit to anything really. I would however enjoy nominating jobs and reviewing others when Im able to.

This is definitely more of a casual thing, so don't feel like you have to commit. Nominating/reviewing when you can.

It seems we have some interest now in that department, now I think we can go onto getting some jobs into the mix.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Im very interested in participating however Im kind of hopping my inexperience with creating wont be a problem. I might not be able to give full in depth reviews as some of the more seasoned veteran creators but i feel like the more i create, the more i like it and can see myself fully involved with it,  so this type of experience should be good.

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

Only issue for me is I'm currently away on holiday with the wife, but as soon as I'm back I'm ready to go. Should be four weeks or so

Id like to nominate my race "East Vinewood Nights".

Thanks Skorpion. Default settings will be used on all races unless else is noted.

Updated the OP with the link to the thread, that thread is also where the feedback is to be given (not here).

I don't make enough serious races. I do have one in mind that I may create later. I know the location and I know what I'm going to call it, no idea on the actual route or style of race yet.

I don't make enough serious races. I do have one in mind that I may create later. I know the location and I know what I'm going to call it, no idea on the actual route or style of race yet.

As far as "serious" it would not need to be a GP styled race, although some GTA races might not be given any useful feedback when ran by just one racer.

Last day of the week, do we have any interest in submitting or testing for next week? (I won't be on PS4 during the week)

• Like 1

I can throw in my new serious race. 

Only one small gimmick but if you run it without wanted levels it will just be a normal race

http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/7621-runway-or-another/

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/squirrelarmy/games/gtav/jobs/job/5-14rOL_5U6evtCMYlSR-g?platformId=11

Edited by Squirrel_Army
  • Like 2