Scene 2-1 The Sanchez Run

JALJ

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-30%20at%202.30.3

Hooray! My first race! This race was done for the xDBx motorcycle tour. It features all kinds of terrain, it goes uphill, downhill, through water, through dirt etc. I wanted to do a race that best used the Sanchez and Im quite proud of myself for this one lol. In fact i had so much fun doing this race i did a second sanchez race :D. This race is meant for 2 laps but I think it could work just as well as an endurance race. Its not too tricky and i really made it with the intentions of trying to get drivers to adapt to the terrain rather than just trying to go fast, fast fast. But its not hard at all and it doesnt throw anything at the driver that he or she wouldn't expect in a normal race.

Edit

The race has been tested multiple times now and fine tuned. I now feel pretty confident in this race but comments, concerns, insults are all still welcome. :)

LOLOLOLOL I was so excited to post the race i forgot the link :D

http://rsg.ms/a863e9a

Edited by SINISTER120
Added Tags
  • Like 2

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

Race has now been tested and tweaked (and just in time for the event! Lol) the OP has been changed to indicate so. Hope you guys like it!

Cool race, very similar to snacks up shit creek which funnily enough was used for the last LS tour. After you go up the creek, a few of the CPs need adjusting along the main road and down road and back down the dirt road.

Have a look at the map above, the yellow line should be following the road, there are several places it cuts it significantly. The reason this is a problem is because the chevrons (the arrows inside the CP) are generally used as an indication on the direction you should be travelling. This means you think you can come around the corner fast because it looks like it's straight but it's really a big curve and you will end up off the road.

Basically, the yellow line in the map above, or the blue line while in the creator which connects the CPs is your racing line or very close to where the car will (or should) be travelling, and as you can see, they end up off the road. Usually the CP is best at the apex (where the peak of the corner is before it changes directions) of the corner.

It's probably all a bit confusing but I can go through it with you later if you want, sorry I didn't get on yesterday either.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Thanks for the feedback scotty! And don't worry about the other night ;)

Yeah I was having a little bit of difficulty with some of the chevrons and general direction they were facing and well checkpoints in general. Being my first race and 3rd job there was still so much I was learning about making jobs in the creator. I deleted and redid all the cps 2 or 3 times before I realized I could just press x to edit them :D

G and MLB helped test it with me and G really helped me alot with understanding where to place checkpoints and i did fix alot of them but a few of them still gave me trouble.

I have another Sanchez race and if you have a chance to help test it with me to better understand check points and chevrons i would be forever thankful. :)

Edited by JALJ
  • Like 1