How many hours do you sleep?

ScottyB

Simple question, how many hours do you sleep every night?

I try to get at least 8 hours most nights, although it usually ends up closer to 7. No matter how long I sleep, it's always a massive effort to get up which sucks.

On the weekends or when I have work off, I'll usually sleep far more, quiet easily 10 or more hours, mostly because it's too hard to get up :P isn't it great to not have kids yet :P

scottyb1988.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaggy

• ScottyB

• truelife98

• zztop911

About 4 to 5 for me. Gaming cuts my sleep down quite a bit.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Usually about 6-7 hours. I have to get up with the kids on the weekend, so those days I can really start dropping down into the 4-5 hour range. 

Dodgeservice.png

Wow, I don't know how you guys survive on that! I did assume most people who play the game this much would have to sacrifice something. Since joining the crew I decided to sacrifice my work hours instead :P who needs to work 40hrs a week, right?

scottyb1988.jpg

I normally work very early in the morning and by nature I am very much a night person, so I only sleep about three hours or less on average every night. When I have the next day off, I try to catch up and sleep anywhere from seven to ten hours.

I often take naps when time permits and I do enjoy sleep as a whole, but I can't just work and sleep only. That would be my idea of misery. Besides, if I slept for eight hours every night, I wouldn't be able to attend any PLs at all.

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 1

I aim for about 7 1/2 hours. But I am very easily woken up and it takes a while to get back to sleep, so I reckon it is usually less than that.

Edited by djw180

I think working shift work has really screwed up my ability to sleep. Even after being up for 24 hrs i rarely can sleep more then 4 to 5 hours. I take sleeping pills to help me fall asleep but they dont keep me asleep. I do however love taking naps. With my work schedule i get alot of days during the week off that i used to stay up til 4am sleep til like 7 or 8 and then take a nice afternoon nap. Unfortunately with my wif3 not working right now and daughter home for summer naps are harder to get

I wear a Fit Bit all day long, including when I sleep.  Since it tracks how many hours I am asleep/awake/tossing and turning/etc... I average about 7 hours on the weekdays and 6 on the weekends.  I value my sleep too much to let this, or any other game, effect it.

I sleep 5,5-6,5 hours a day, also on the weekends less because my daughter doesn't yet believe in sleeping in...

And she never will.  I don't know how old she is, but my daughter turns 6 tomorrow and she wakes up around 6-6:30am every day... including weekends.

I wear a Fit Bit all day long, including when I sleep.  Since it tracks how many hours I am asleep/awake/tossing and turning/etc... I average about 7 hours on the weekdays and 6 on the weekends.  I value my sleep too much to let this, or any other game, effect it.

And she never will.  I don't know how old she is, but my daughter turns 6 tomorrow and she wakes up around 6-6:30am every day... including weekends.

One of my cats wakes me up as soon as it sees daylight. That's about 4:30 am at the moment. I either get a paw in the face or he runs up and down the stairs screaming.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

mine is 7, still waiting for her to sleep at the weekend, might have to wait for her to be a teenager ;-)

4-5 weekdays, 6-8 quiet weekends, hardly any on a busy weekend. Ibiza I was averaging 1-2 hours per morning.

As soon as daylight comes I'm awake no matter what time I went to bed the night before. Beds a lie actually, I do most of my sleeping on the sofa downstairs. Never sleep in my bed alone.

As a teen, 9-10 hours. The military killed that crap in quick order! I seldom sleep more than 7.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

As a teen, 9-10 hours. The military killed that crap in quick order! I seldom sleep more than 7.

As a teen i used to be able to sleep 20 hours! Then again i was way more active in my teen years. I was on the wrestling and track and field team so it wasnt hard for me to shut down my body for EXTENDED period of times lol. 

Nowadays...i sleep about 6/7 hours a day. I started working nights in an effort to make extra cash until i graduate  so Ive been going to sleep around 6am and waking up around 1pm. Ive quickly learned though that type of schedule ruins your entire sleeping schedule, theres times i dont work and im up until 5 am because im just not that tired. 

Im also NOT  a morning person. So that means i could of slept 12 hours but if im awoken before 10am im gonna be a surly little dude until i get 24oz of coffee in me lol. 

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

Should add a poll Scotty, be interesting to see the results that way.

In highschool I got about 7 hours of sleep a day. Always started homework around 9 PM and in bed depending when that was done between 10-11. Got up at 6 am for the bus to be there by 6:30.

In college that all changed. I always do things late, always have. Sometimes I'd start papers at midnight that were due at 10 am that day. Always had morning classes and never could get my schedule to allow a day off a week other than weekends, on top of working. Averaged probably around 4 hours.

Now, not much is different. I still hate mornings. I probably get around 4-5 hours now.

Despite fucked up schedules, I'm fortunate enough to be able to fall asleep any time of day if I wanted to. Not sure that's a good thing though.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I used to have real bad insomnia.  I had off and on problems with it for about 4 years.  This problem magically ended last fall.  I was back to about 8 hours minimum every night.  Then I got GTAV in February.  Still no insomnia but I average about 5-6 now during the week now.

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Wow, So little sleep! Do you guys notice any ill effects? It would be hard to notice probably because you're so accustomed to it that it would feel like normal.

I think its a lot more in my head then actually needing more sleep. If i dont get 8 hours of sleep ill know that i havent and therefore be tired. Ill be good for half the day but then crash and be really drained. I guess your body adapts pretty quickly to it.

Another thing which is super important is having regular sleep and wake times. I'm usually all over the place so it screws me up a fair bit. As long as you wake the same time everyday, your body will tell you when you need to go to sleep and you wont actually need the 8 hours everyday, it always depends on what you did during the day.

Not many.

I have a theory! You must have been a bear in your past life and now you hibernate :) You have also perfected the art of power napping in between race wins to make up the extra hours :P

scottyb1988.jpg

If I don't get enough sleep, I'll wake up in a very terrible mood and have a headache.  That's with less than 5 hours of sleep.  That's why I make sure to get a minimum of 6 hours a night.