WHY do you create?

Pb76

What are your motivations for creating?

For me personally, I enjoy the process of coming up with an idea and seeing if it's possible. It usually isn't, but I still enjoy trying.

• Like 3

I find it very calming and relaxing. I just love finding the lines for a track and putting them together :)

• Like 2

I find it very calming and relaxing. I just love finding the lines for a track and putting them together :)

Im very much in the same frame of mind as you are. The type of race i make usually depends on my mood. But, overall, I just like being in the Creator.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Boredom.

When my daughter is at school and my other one is napping, I usually load up the creator and play around in there until I am satisfied with something.

I do it because I have a naturally creative side to my personality.

It isn't easy though--I'm highly critical of everything I attempt to make and like so many others in the world, I have a problem with procrastination and time management.  Therefore, you're lucky if you see a job from me every month. :P

• Like 2

For myself and for others. To give myself and others something to do. Bringing, or attempting to anyway, enjoyment to others is just as rewarding. And I mean that in an as modest as possible way.

• Like 3

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Like LN, I have a creative side and this is a great outlet to express it. I always naturally come up with ideas without trying and feel the need to make them.

It's also fun to make things, and I usually enjoy what I make and hope that others do too. Before the crew I made one race to test it out but had no one to play it and no one ever joined those jobs. With this crew, the jobs get played so it makes it worth it.

I don't get as much time in there as I would like, but I think that's also a good thing so that in more excited when I do get I it and make more meaningful things. I could quiet easily make a lot of races as they are easy for me but I want each one to stand out on its own. Whether they do or not is a different story but that's the intention.

I always go into the creator with a rough idea of what I want to make so it's bringing these ideas to life that's satisfying.

• Like 2

scottyb1988.jpg

Like others have said, I like to be creative.

I'm too much of a perfectionist and when I enter the creator there's a very good chance that I'll be there for 8 hours (even if I already have ideas in mind), so for that reason I don't make many jobs.

Quality over quantity every time.

• Like 3

I enjoy the process of coming up with an idea and seeing if it's possible.

I'm highly critical of everything I attempt to make and like so many others in the world, I have a problem with procrastination and time management.  Therefore, you're lucky if you see a job from me every month. :P

I'm too much of a perfectionist and when I enter the creator there's a very good chance that I'll be there for 8 hours (even if I already have ideas in mind), so for that reason I don't make many jobs.

Quality over quantity every time.

These quotes pretty much sum up what I was going to say. (Yeah, I'm lazy like that! :lol:)

I'm also making my jobs in hope that others will enjoy them as much as I do (if they come out the way I planned them to) and if I can help people have a fun time through my creations and make them happy for a while, it'll all be worth the time and effort I put into making those jobs.

I like to be creative and am often thinking over ideas for all sorts of different things both in game and real life. I've only got 2 published jobs, one that i made for an event and the other because i found nothing existing that met what myself and others were looking for in a particular race. I have a few in more progress, of which some might make the cut, others wont.

When i go into the creator my goal is to make something that will be played more than just a few times. If other people enjoy playing it then Ive done a good job. If they dont, then i feel like there was no point to it. Of course its impossible to please everyone though.

What are your motivations for creating?

For me personally, I enjoy the process of coming up with an idea and seeing if it's possible. It usually isn't, but I still enjoy trying.

Depends, sometimes I'm selfish and just want to create something I would want to play (probably true for most of my races) and sometimes I like to create something others might enjoy playing.

Both of these for me. I have way more partially completed or failed attempts at creations than those I actually publish. Some I want to get round to making work eventually, but I get distracted with other ideas too easily. And generally they are just things I think I'd like to play when nothing that similar exists already.

I think I consider myself retired from the creator now.

Most of mine were created with the idea of being fun, a little screwy (not quite Squirrel screwy) and some just to see if the idea would work. These days I am thin on ideas and irritated with the creator so I hung it up for now.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 3 weeks later...

Like PB I like to be very experimental. This game is basically shoot and drive. This can be very repetitive after a short time so I like bringing new challenges and fresh ideas to the crew. I'm hoping to get a winning idea like RvI that goes GTA viral eventually, just need to come up with the right job. I also like to test the limit of the creator as well as the patience of the crew too. Some of my screwiest jobs never made it out of pre-testing. 

• Like 1

Like PB I like to be very experimental. This game is basically shoot and drive. This can be very repetitive after a short time so I like bringing new challenges and fresh ideas to the crew. I'm hoping to get a winning idea like RvI that goes GTA viral eventually, just need to come up with the right job. I also like to test the limit of the creator as well as the patience of the crew too. Some of my screwiest jobs never made it out of pre-testing.

Making one of those would be really cool. I think you need to be in a big crew though so that your invites go out to many people. Once a few squeakers get a hold of something they like they will grind it over and over again which will help it get to that stage. Wall rides seem pretty popular :P

its something to get creative with, i have loads of ideas but they never end up any good lol

I end up coming up with a lot of ideas like that too. In theory they sound really good, but they don't tend to play out as well as you had hoped. If you have jobs like that, that you have made but don't quiet work they way you wanted, ask around for some feedback and people may give you solutions that you hadn't thought of to make it work.
  • Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

its something to get creative with, i have loads of ideas but they never end up any good lol

It happens, 90% of my stuff is "meh", with a few good ones in there.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

It happens, 90% of my stuff is "meh", with a few good ones in there.

There are fair few creators and jobs that end up like this which is unfortunate, because with a little feedback from various people and the creator to be willing to steer away from their original idea and focus on the playability aspect instead of holding onto their initial idea, the jobs Have great potential.

A lot of the time people just make a job and then it gets played once and pushed to the back without the creator taking pride in each and every job they make and trying to make it the best that they can. Even very small adjustments can make a massive difference to whether people enjoy it or not, and in turn whether they will keep playing it in the future.

• Like 2

scottyb1988.jpg

I like the dynamic design challenges presented by creating jobs. I look at not only the playability and enjoyment of the job but how easily the player can understand how to operate in it and the aesthetics or feel of the job. That rocks my boat.

I also enjoy learning that others have enjoyed playing a job that I created. That bit makes me smile.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

I like to make stuff that I hope other people will enjoy. I'm my own biggest critic and often delete stuff i cannot perfect, then regret it later. I love to see what can be done with the props especially.

Although it gets more difficult to make something original after all this time, I guess its the challenge of making a variant of something that will stand out enough to not be branded "just a copy" of what someone else has done.

It feels nice when when you get positive feedback after all the deletes and checkpoint tweaking.

yFn5uY6.png