Tropico 5

jim_era

This game is amazing! Like a mix between civilization and sim city. It is very very in depth.

And it has a multiplayer mode as well. I haven't tried it yet but would love to get with some of you to builds mini tropical empires.

Up to 4 players in multiplayer btw.

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaggy

• DavidCore89

• jim_era

• lIIlCompleXlIIl

So far I've spent about 20hrs in game and have gotten no where lol. But i did learn to barely sustain myself.

Mostly i fail during elections and get voted out.

• Like 1

So far I've spent about 20hrs in game and have gotten no where lol. But i did learn to barely sustain myself.

:lol:

That reminds me of Sim City days when you'd raise taxes and the residents would boo and rant.  I'll research it a bit, check out videos of others playing it, and decide if it's something I'd like to get.

OK, so I just watched an almost 20 minute video on YouTube of this game and it looks fun.  I could probably spend an entire afternoon or evening playing it.  It's now added to my Amazon Wishlist.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this game this morning and going through the tutorial.  Once I learn more about it and get the hang of the controls better (I always want to press L2 & R2 to zoom in/out), I'll be more willing to jump into multi-player.

Multiplayer is pretty much sandbox mode. Very fun, you can choose to help or hurt each other as you all build on the same island, compete for or trade/share resources.

Naturally i play on peaceful mode mostly but I'd be down for some 2v2.

• Like 1

Definitely take your time, there are a million and one things you need to manage at once. Also if you kill the person running against your presidency they just put someone else in his place

• 10 months later...
45 minutes ago, Xyon14 said:

Who's playing??

I was hoping we could discuss things on how to get the most happy and prosperous Island :)

My power plants wont work even though they are full and I have the right fuels for it. Advice?

Make sure you have enough of the building that moves the resources around the island. Thats what was happeneing to me, couldnt figure it out, then I built one of them offices for moving resources close to each resource available, and bippity boppity. 

I was playing this, I had downloaded the Demo awhile ago, and almost purchased this game then. Glad I didn't, to be honest. I had to start over three times, on the third time, I made it through all the future research, had an approval rating of 81%, and over 200k in the swiss bank. 

Same thing goes for the other new game this month. TTR. I have beaten all the cups now. I have to go through the last supercar cups again to earn a few stars, otherwise, complete. 

Tropico has achievements that require you to play it many of times over and over. SOOOOO I am sure that I will play through again, change my island up a bit. 

51 minutes ago, Xyon14 said:

Who's playing??

I was hoping we could discuss things on how to get the most happy and prosperous Island :)

My power plants wont work even though they are full and I have the right fuels for it. Advice?

Also go around and check your mines, make sure you haven't used them all up, dried em out. If so, you will need to make new ones.

I play as well and it's a very enjoyable game, no tips on how to build things though :D

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

It's a very fun game, I've played it in the PC a while ago. Might give it a try on the PS4 now. 

I don't remember too many particulars, but getting the most advanced buildings to work required a bit of micromanagement. You usually use the budget function on each type of building to set priorities (higher budget will get employees first, as long as you have people with the right level of education. in the island). You also have to watch your road network carefully, because teamsters are a pain sometimes, and you need them both to carry raw materials and to bring the end product out. 

Edited by Arruda

Well I'll just throw both "cheats" I know of in the spirit of fair-play... Whenever you're low on approval and close to lose the elections enable the martial law thing and you won't lose them. If you up the budget on the docks the boats come to the island every 3 months instead of 6. I read that stuff btw :)

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Yeah - also, in the same area as where you can declare Martial Law, look around. There are things that your citizens will really like, only use these if; (A) It is a mission (B) There is an election coming up and you can't seem to get approval rating above 50%, find one they will like, or two, and use them (C) You cannot win, as @grjkie pointed out, Martial Law stops elections, and can just turn it off once you get approval rating high enough.

• Like 1

@Xyon14, I merged your thread with a previous Tropico thread.

I have looked at this game, thinking on getting it.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

On 5/8/2016 at 11:24 AM, Xyon14 said:

Who's playing??

Do you have adequate Teamster Offices to transport the fuel, is your refuel resource near the power plant or are you importing it or both? it might not be getting there on time, distance between the two matters.

This game will more likely turn me into an addict.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

Quite a fun game, always enjoyed these kinda games from way back to the older Sim City games.

Nearly got the platinum, any tips just ask.

If you guys enjoy this and want to play a better game on the PC check out Cities:Skylines. I just can't imagine the limitations on a console version of this game. So much easier and more flexibility on the PC

On 5/17/2016 at 5:52 AM, DavidCore89 said:

Quite a fun game, always enjoyed these kinda games from way back to the older Sim City games.

Nearly got the platinum, any tips just ask.

Stuck in a mission where I am asked to export uranium, my ability to start a uranium mine is impeded by the fact that I have to unlock it via research, & have exhausted every other methods to extend the time. I am wondering if there is a way to import it from a different country or a multinational effort and export it right after to complete the mission goal?

Edited by Smurf

43 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Stuck in a mission where I am asked to export uranium, my ability to start a uranium mine is impeded by the fact that I have to unlock it via research, & have exhausted every other methods to extend the time. I am wondering if there is a way to import it from a different country or a multinational effort and export it right after to complete the mission goal?

You could import it first, not sure if I did or not as that would take a long time.

You can speed up research by having a load of libraries, observatories and science labs.

You could issue the Global Research Initiative to gain extra research points (requires an embassy), also Literacy Program to help students graduate quicker.

As soon as you start the mission change the Religion and State section of the Constitution to Atheist State to gain 10% faster research.

Apart from those things, try to complete any side mission to extend the timer, but the above things might work out.

• Like 1