PSN Connection vs Rockstar Servers

For those of you present last night, you know Torrid & I couldn't stay connected to the crew lobby or the playlist for more than five seconds without getting kicked.  We haven't changed any settings on our Playstations for the past week.  Everything worked fine, with both consoles running, until last night.  We could play GTA Online just fine as long as we stayed away from the crew lobby and the playlist.  So I highly doubt our connection issues have anything to do with the settings on our Playstations.  I don't know where to go to check the recommendations that DC has given because I don't mess with that stuff.  Nor do I really want to mess with it, again, considering everything has been fine for a week.  My money is Rockstar is just shit.  Here's what happens when I test the internet connection to show that I do use NAT Type 2.  We both do.

PS4%20Test%20Internet_zpsjcwmtv6t.jpg

I really am running out of the sliver of patience I had left from this game/these servers.

That really sucks cause there's nothing you can do about it.

Your test looks perfectly fine and like you said, it's most likely a R* problem. :(

It's definitely Rockstar.  We were doing heists for about 4 hours last Thursday.  Played my typical (into the wee hours) on Friday & Saturday night with the crew and no issues on Sunday night.  No kicks, no disconnections, etc.  It just didn't work yesterday.  At all.  I gave up taking invites because I spent more time in the clouds.  It really pissed me off.  This game should be called Grand Theft Stuck in the Clouds Trying To Play with Friends in a Mulit-player Game with Random Disconnects and Cannot Find Session or Session Full when it's really not Auto.

• Like 1

A long shot but open browser on xmb go into settings and delete cookies and clear website data( if you don't need to store website data ) and delete browsing history ( if you don't want it ). Might not do anything to help but it can't hurt.

I don't know what the problem is, with every update they seem to get worse and worse. Everything is broken and it truly is getting to the point where it isn't worth playing unless they fix these issues.

The connection issues could be due to the hosts settings on the router, or possibly trying to connect to other people with slower connections who were in the session, but more than likely it's just rockstars servers.

Maybe you could try and contact rockstar and see what happens. They will probably give you all the usual crap which won't work, but maybe they might eventually give some useful advice. I hope they solve their issues soon and that the next few events are trouble free and allow us to all game together again. Go figure, a multiplayer game that doesn't allow people to play together.. Hmm

• Like 3

scottyb1988.jpg

Didn't you have both consoles put into a DMZ with port forwarding?

Both things at the same time will conflict one another since DMZ will effectively ensure the requested ports are clear of all traffic.

I dunno, I remember Torrid saying he did those, since then you've both had a lot of issues. 

Not familiar with your exact network configuration, but:

port forwarding will "re-route" all traffic coming through the ports being forwarded to the local IP that is used in the rule. You can't forward the same port to two different local IPs for example, meaning you can only use this for one PS4. The other one won't be getting any traffic through those ports and since GTA (and most of the games) uses some specific ports to establish the connection, you will run into problems.

Either put both consoles (or all of them) in DMZ or don't do anything. Any port forwarding with several consoles behind the same firewall (router) will cause connection problems.

I'll leave Torrid to answer the port forwarding/DMZ questions, because I'm not sure about that stuff.  But none of that would really make sense since we were playing online with both PS4's without an issue for a week.  I think we had port forwarding on the first time we ran into these issues, but then he turned it off.  I'll tell him to check this thread.

We couldn't even be in the same lobby when it was on automatic setup.  If only one system is in DMZ the console on automatic would default to NAT 3 and connection was patchy on that system and party chat would not work at all.

Our router is designed to handle port forwarding on one device at a time even when another is in DMZ.  We've had much less connection issues, almost non existent other than the couple of recent issues after moving to these settings.  The problems we've had a number of people have had with only one console in their home.  We can stay online just fine, but randomly can't join playlists.  This isn't uncommon across the board and many people get the session full warning when trying to join a running playlist.

Both systems run at the same time sometimes multiple times a day.  It only happens with GTA.  I can't even play GTA on PS3 anymore, but any other game is fine online regardless of system.  Everything else works so flawlessly that I'm not messing with the router anymore.  There literally is no other setting that has been as reliable across the board otherwise.  In auto regardless of the UPnP setting the wireless system won't connect to the router if the wired console is already online.

Not familiar with your exact network configuration, but:

port forwarding will "re-route" all traffic coming through the ports being forwarded to the local IP that is used in the rule. You can't forward the same port to two different local IPs for example, meaning you can only use this for one PS4. The other one won't be getting any traffic through those ports and since GTA (and most of the games) uses some specific ports to establish the connection, you will run into problems.

Either put both consoles (or all of them) in DMZ or don't do anything. Any port forwarding with several consoles behind the same firewall (router) will cause connection problems.

Question: For port forwarding to work, do you have to have a static IP from your ISP?

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Question: For port forwarding to work, do you have to have a static IP from your ISP?

No, but your PS4 needs to have a static local IP.

Though most routers (even with dynamic IP assignment) will usually asign the same IP to same devices (identified by MAC numbers) every time.

No, but your PS4 needs to have a static local IP.

Though most routers (even with dynamic IP assignment) will usually asign the same IP to same devices (identified by MAC numbers) every time.

Alright, good. I just looked and my router assigned my ps4 the same ip.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I think it's just GTA Online.  My daughter can play PVZ Online when I'm in GTA Online hosting a playlist and neither game cares.  But Rockstar shows no love sometimes when we want to game at the same time with the crew.  We're going to do some heisting tonight, so we will see what happens.  I just don't think it will give us too many issues.  When it does, usually a simple resetting of the router works.

I think most of my current issues are weather related. Being all wireless it is effected by humidity (radio waves don't travel as well in hot humid weather).

I've been kicked from GTA and Destiny and my headset no longer works when on the porch, once the weather settles I should be good to go.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: