(Sort of) Home Alone

Pb76

s1zKS6l.jpg

Description:

Kevin McCallister now works at Clucking Bell, his colleagues have gone home, leaving him to deal with a gang of chicken thieves alone. He's outnumbered, but he's managed to find some weapons and the police are on route. (For 13+ players, Kevin's brother Fuller McCallister will be helping)

Player one of team 1 starts alone in the upstairs room at the clucking bell factory. They have immediate access to a sniper rifle, molotovs, tear gas, assault shotgun and stickybombs. This will hopefully be enough to hold off team 2 (who start nearby) until the rest of team 1 (who take on the role of the police) arrive from a couple of blocks away.

I have no idea how (or if) this will work out......

Here is the R* link if you'd like to try it.

All feedback is welcome.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was very unique and I get the theme you were going for. It did seem to work well enough and it was balanced enough that it could swing either way.

I didn't really have any issues with the Annhiliator. It was a bit of a distraction which meant the other team could kill you easily and if you got hit by the bullets from it then you would die pretty quick, but it is hard to shoot accurately. Others may have had an issue with it but I didn't see it. It is a little OP and isn't needed in it but it's up to you how you want it to play out.

When we started on the police side, I'm not sure if we had a team member spawn in the home. When we were the gang side, there was definitely one or maybe 2 (can't remember) people in the home.

I could be wrong with this, but I don't think the spawn points work in order, they just spawn you into any of them at random so you're not garaunteed to have someone in the house which takes away from it.

I think it's one of those jobs that you need to know or have played before to get the most out of it.

It's a Good idea though. I don't think there is really anything that needs to be done to it (besides maybe the annihilator).

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure about the annihilator when I put it in, I'll probably remove it. I thought I was being too clever by thinking the start points would be filled up in the order I placed them (damn you R*).

I think, because of the random spawns, the only way this will work as I intended would be if it was played with the full compliment of players (30). Obviously 30 is unlikely, so I will reduce it to 16 max, which will also increase the chance of 1 player starting in the room alone if there are less than 16.

• Like 1

This seemed to play well. I also noticed the extra player spawning inside. But PB's explanation makes sense. The helicopter is not needed, previously stated. I saw where you lit up the ladder to get to the roof. That was a nice touch, so player can't miss it. It forces the action to happen on the roof, where you intended it. Nice touch. 

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

This map worked well, IMO.

I always spawned inside the house.  I was able to take a couple of people out by planting sticky bombs in the doorways (near the ladders/windows) and blowing them up when they got close.  Once they were taken out, I was able to leave the house and try to take other enemies out.  Never saw an issue with the Annihilator.  That thing flies slow and it'd be easy to snipe it out of the air if it became a threat.  It's not something I would use in a LTS for that reason alone.  You will die way too quickly.  

• Like 1