Changing PSN ID

Pretty sure everything is locked to the PSN account. If it wasn't, then that would be an easy way to change, especially since it's really the only game I play. So you would lose all your game save data, trophies, any online character progression etc

As has been discussed, there are pros and cons to letting people change their ID, but I think it is long overdue and hopefully they'll implement something soon.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ScottyB

• LN-MLB

• Xyon14

• Skorpion

It's a shame we can't consolidate any existing PSN accounts into a single one. I have a few as the PS3 was limited to 100 friends so I ended up using different accounts for different games. I can prove that I own all the accounts but I keep forgetting the login details for each one when signing in. 

I like the fact that accounts can't be merged or consolidated.

It'd open us all up to vulnerabilities and many PSN accounts could be easily compromised.

I'd be pretty pissed if over £200 worth of games were suddenly on another persons account.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah for obvious reasons I'd like to change mine, my PSN wasn't setup with online gaming in mind.  However it's been quite funny hearing people trying to pronounce my name (until they realised Jay would do just fine).  When I switch to PS4 I'll probably set a separate account up for my Son, that way people won't think it's me who's the Minecraft addict!

I would take that opportunity in a second  ;) ... That way the real Jumbo67 wouldn't be moaning in my ear about how I stole his account :mellow: .... How was I supposed to know that I would love the game? Anyway I am Xyon and I would love to change the name on the account  :lol:

You could start a new account and just use the Jumbo for current games and Xyon for gta6

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

You could start a new account and just use the Jumbo for current games and Xyon for gta6

Well ... Its a battle that I won to be fair... the account is now mine (I am winningest :D), he has opened a new ps account because I wouldn't budge with all the work in my new character.  He put up a good fight, and when he wants to see his cars in the GT garage, he can visit them anytime (between 2-8 am GMT

• Like 1

I really hope they open this up soon.  If it happens, I'm going to change mine--either slightly or significantly.

It sounds kind of silly when people try to say my entire user name.  I think I may pick something like L-Muthafukin-N to clear up any confusion on what I want to be called. :P

• Like 5

I really hope they open this up soon.  If it happens, I'm going to change mine--either slightly or significantly.

It sounds kind of silly when people try to say my entire user name.  I think I may pick something like L-Muthafukin-N to clear up any confusion on what I want to be called. :P

Can I just start calling you that now? It's awesome :D

• Like 1

I would love to. At the time of making my ID I took inspiration from The Living Dead Dolls, I couldn't decide between CandyRotten and ToxicMolly. I went with CandyRotten, which I now regret as whenever someone calls me, I sound like a really weird stripper.

I would change it to some form of my real name. I did try that at first but I everything I tried was taken

• Like 3

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

Mine would be an easy change for all of you. to rename lIIlComplexlIIl to something not important, then rename locsta815 to lIIlComplexlIIl, and use my old account again!

You're name is, and always will be Ellen. Deal with it :P

• Like 5

scottyb1988.jpg

I really didn't mind & have got quite used to being 'Garb', until last night in free roam where I must have pissed someone off and they were calling me  'Garbage Boy' - now I want to change it ASAP.  :D

Garbology101.png

• 4 months later...
On 6/13/2015 at 10:33 AM, Dodge said:

Yes... absolutely. But, again, no idea what it would be.

Still not sure what it would be, but it would change. Might just go to Dodge and a random number. Or my nickname at work is Bulldog. My wife calls me asshole. My kid calls me a jerk. I guess any of those would work. 

Edited by Dodge
  • Like 3

Dodgeservice.png