Up Shit Creek

no_snacks

Up Shit Creek

Off-road race created for "Stock Car Racing (PS4)"

Locked to the stock Bodhi.

RSC link.  http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/olifi9g5IkqAfiNk1eVaDw

QfrAuvp.png

3rd person

1st person

Settings

Race - Non-contact

Laps - 2

Time of day - Morning

Weather - Clear

Camera lock - None (although 1st person is a hoot)  :)

Edited by no_snacks

Really enjoyed this one. This has all the combinations of a great, not so serious race with a fair amount of thrills and not as easy as it appears pieces. Even a well executed and constructed jump too. I can see this becoming a crew favorite pretty quickly and I'm excited to run it for everyone on Saturday.

First person is something I strongly dislike, it feels so forced and artificial. In those rare cases it DOES work, it's brilliant (Deliverance and bicycle races for example). Even tried that here and it seriously reminded me of a safari or bit from Jurassic Park. Bodhi is an excellent choice here and it's so under the radar. It's a great off-road vehicle and can climb like a beast. It's also quite fun in first person.

Great job here.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

This was such a cool race.  I liked how you used haystacks for props instead of the tire barriers.  The haystacks blended in perfectly with the scenery.  The only issue I had was a re-spawn before that big jump.  I told you that during the race though.  Don't think it would have been a problem if two of us weren't re-spawning at the same time there.  :)

• Like 1

This and PB's race stood out to me in G's event. Very fun and original track and I think it's the only Bodhi race I've done.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, guys. (and girl)  :)

Glad you enjoyed it.  It was fun to create it, as well as race on it.

There were a few challenges to overcome and I learnt a few things about the creator while making it. 

The Bodhi works well on the track because it has reasonable acceleration & speed for the tarmac and dirt sections, but it's stable enough (just) for the creek climb.

It also doesn't over shoot the big jump like some other off-road vehicles do.

I haven't fixed the re-spawning issue at the top of the jump yet, Jag.  Will get onto that today.  ;)

Not sure of the best way to do it though.  I'll have to get in and play around with things to see what works best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a lot of fun. It's tricky without being annoying and the Bodhi is perfect for the track.

I had the same issue that Bry mentioned, rolled onto my roof in the creek and was unable to right myself, got grounded when I respawned.

• Like 1

Thanks, PB.

I'll have a look at the spawn points near the wooden bridge.

It's hard to place some of them in that area, but I should be able to move them just enough to avoid any more re-spawn issues.  :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had played this a few times before--once in first person and now twice in third person.  Personally, I love it.  It's well-constructed, quite challenging, and I feel that the Bodhi works extremely well here.  It's a good mix of having both paved and off-roading elements.  The jump included is quite fun, and fits in nicely with the track as a whole.  The squeezing through the wooden bridge segment can be frustrating, but that's nothing against the job--I just suck at it sometimes.  :lol:

Nicely done, Snacks.  I am glad it is not locked specifically to first person though.  It is definitely entertaining and unique when presented that way, but I do prefer it in third person overall.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Finally managed to make some minor but needed changes to this track.  The title was preventing me from republishing any changes, but a quick workaround sorted it out. :)

Several CP's have been tweaked to help with any respawn issues.  Now that we can stack props, some of the problem areas have been tidied up and re-profiled.

The old 2 x 15 starting grid has been changed to a 4 x 8 grid and has been moved further ahead.  It's now a longer run from the final corner to the finish line.