Getting old....

Pb76

So with hatch hitting 40 I'm reminded that I'm rapidly heading towards that dreaded milestone. But why should it be dreaded? There must be something good about getting older.........

If you could list the great things about getting older here that'd be super (there'd better be some).

• Like 3

You get to piss yourself and get away with it instead of going to a toilet.

Erm..

Let me think what else...

Sorry that's all I've got.

• Like 4

Talk to kids like this

• Like 5

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Now I can have an excuse for having white hair (been that way for 20 years already).

When you get older you can then be the dirty old man who says questionable stuff to women instead of being a young perv...

• Like 8

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Now I can have an excuse for having white hair (been that way for 20 years already).

When you get older you can then be the dirty old man who says questionable stuff to women instead of being a young perv...

You're still a perv.  A perv is a perv.  It just turns into the creepy old man saying questionable things to women.  :lol:

Looking forward to be able to say something offensive and get away with it, because I'm old.

You can do that now.  :lol:

This thread reminds me of this movie scene... :D

• Like 7

You can honestly tell people that you remember when music used to be good and didn't all sound the same.

If you don't feel like doing something, you can blame it on either being forgetful or too tired instead of being lazy.

You're able to remember a world without social media.  This one is good enough for me.

I grew up around old people, so I've always felt old at heart. :P

• Like 2

You can honestly tell people that you remember when music used to be good and didn't all sound the same.

If you don't feel like doing something, you can blame it on either being forgetful or too tired instead of being lazy.

You're able to remember a world without social media.  This one is good enough for me.

I grew up around old people, so I've always felt old at heart. :P

You also don't have to worry about what a hash tag is or how to use Instagram.

Your post seriously makes you sound like you're 50.

Just sayin.... ;)

• Like 2

You also don't have to worry about what a hash tag is or how to use Instagram.

Your post seriously makes you sound like you're 50.

Just sayin.... ;)

Indeed, but apparently I don't look a day over 46. ;)

I seriously would not want to be younger than I am though.  I mean, we got to experience buying records, playing outside (in addition to primitive video games), being able to skip school without the interference of 21st century technology, we know how to write in cursive, use a rotary phone, and we have clear memories of not being able to be reached 24/7 through a phone.  I miss the 20th century, and I don't exactly envy kids of today.

The only thing bad about getting older are the aches and pains of the body you once thought was invincible.

• Like 8

I've already run out of likes for today, but this will be the 1st post ^^ to receive one when they refresh.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Like 2

As someone who will be turning 50 this July, I can honestly say that the benefits of getting older far outweigh the alternative.

Some of the other benefits?

Experience: you no longer put your hand on a hot stove... well, mostly.

Time: with your experience, you waste less time and therefor have more to waste on other things.

Wisdom: you have guessed wrong so many times that the odds of guessing right are dramatically increased.

New Doctors: your previous doctors have retired so you get to break in some snotty kid fresh from medical school.

Looks: the pressure is off because you no longer have to look good, just good for your age. 

Weather prediction: your body aches will get increasingly better at telling when it will rain.

The best advice I can give you is to wear your age like a badge of honor... you made it man!

ErnOld

• Like 8

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

Im only young myself but agree with a lot of this. Mostly, id say the memories and having experienced a life that didnt depend on technology to survive. Although, memories and experiences in general would be the best part of growing old.

As an aged care working, i have to disagree strongly about forgetfulness being a good thing. The life of someone with dimentia is quite sad to see. Imagine forgetting your family, your children, how to do basic functions like eat, walk, go to the toilet. Its definitely not something to look forward to.

I agree with everything else. Growing older is something to be proud of and look forward to the experiences to come.

• Like 2

I just crossed that bridge, the 40. The idea of getting old is good but not with most of the perks that comes with it. My parents are goiing to 80 this year if i could get at that age like them without any major health problem i would be happy.

• Like 1

Rose said she has alot to add to this thread, but can't remember what it was...

• Like 4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: