Thrustmaster T500/T300RS Racing Wheels

Today I sold my trusted Logitech G27 as it's not supported on PS4, Logitech have also stopped making and supporting racing wheels.

For a long time this wheel was the benchmark and almost nothing could rival it on PS3, but now I'm looking at Thrustmaster as their wheels seem very good and the high end products have interchangeable parts and upgrades.

So, I'm really looking to buy a new racing wheel set before the upcoming release of F1 2015 and Project CARS and naturally I look at the top of the range  :).

Does anyone have the Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel? http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/t500rs. If you do have it or have used it, what are you opinions of it?

I know it's listed as a PS3 item, that's because it was released around the same time as Gran Turismo 6 on PS3, but it is supported by PS4 (minus the Share button).

There is the alternative of the Thrustmaster T300 RS http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t300rs, it's a little bit cheaper, there are downfalls such as it has no clutch and the pedals aren't as good, but it has all of the PS4 buttons.

If possible I'd like some advice from someone that owns or has used either the T500 or T300.

Thanks!

Edited by DavidCore89

Dat's a pricy sucka!

I'm in the same boat in wheels, sorta. It sucks that Logitech stopped making wheels! I loved mine!

If Project CARS turns out to be something good, I'll look into making me a custom seat setup and getting a new wheel for my new man cave.

The seats I have in my Cobra are nice, but they are just the wrong color. That doesn't really matter much for me on a race car, but I really want to bring the car back to the street with totally new engine, turbo, transmission and a more street friendly suspension. It still won't be a sleeper, especially with a 4in cowl hood, but it may catch quite a few unsuspecting people with 800rwhp on tap.! LOL!

• Like 3

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I have never owned a racing wheel, do they really help in the racing games vs the controller?

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I have never owned a racing wheel, do they really help in the racing games vs the controller?

Absolutely!! I also owned the g27 and the force feedback is invaluable. My GF who hardly ever plays video games was able to beat me in rally courses on gt5 when she was on the wheel and I was on the controller. Although it did take her a while to realise she needed to use the brake haha. I kept saying it's like really driving a car, you need to brake before corners!

You feel everything and know when your losing traction both under steering and over steering, and have greater control over the throttle, brakes and steering.

I'm so pissed with Logitech though. I got my G27 for a super good price, only $200 when its rrp is $500. (Didn't realise at the time and it was my first and only wheel so I can't exactly compare it to other wheels but it is very highly rated) I hardly used it, only played about half of gt5 and it went into the closet for a few years. I decided to bring it out and it wasn't working. It wouldn't calibrate. I tried all the common fixes and a few others and it wouldn't work.

I contacted Logitech wanting a replacement wheel (as I then realised how much it was still worth) and they refused saying they can't replace it and will only provide a refund (had to send the wheel back but still have the pedals and gear stick). They still sell the wheel but won't provide replacement for them anymore which is bullshit.. At least I got the money back but I much would have preferred the wheel as that's what I paid for.

To get anything that is even rometely similar now and supported by the ps4 is probably what DC said which I looked into but at around $800 for i, I can't justify spending that money (and I'm broke ATM). So know wheel for me anytime soon but I'm looking forward to hearing what others recommend.

Edited by ScottyB88

scottyb1988.jpg

I've got the logitech DFGT, loved it for F1 and Gran Turismo on the PS3, isn't it supported by the PS4 at all? I've got it hooked upto my PC now so will probably do my racing on there.

I've got the logitech DFGT, loved it for F1 and Gran Turismo on the PS3, isn't it supported by the PS4 at all? I've got it hooked upto my PC now so will probably do my racing on there.

Nope, no Logitech wheels are supported on PS4, they don't contain the required security chip.

Logitech have said they will be using their resources elsewhere in the future and they will no longer be making or supporting gaming equipment.

Absolutely!! I also owned the g27 and the force feedback is invaluable. My GF who hardly ever plays video games was able to beat me in rally courses on gt5 when she was on the wheel and I was on the controller. Although it did take her a while to realise she needed to use the brake haha. I kept saying it's like really driving a car, you need to brake before corners!

You feel everything and know when your losing traction both under steering and over steering, and have greater control over the throttle, brakes and steering.

I'm so pissed with Logitech though. I got my G27 for a super good price, only $200 when its rrp is $500. (Didn't realise at the time and it was my first and only wheel so I can't exactly compare it to other wheels but it is very highly rated) I hardly used it, only played about half of gt5 and it went into the closet for a few years. I decided to bring it out and it wasn't working. It wouldn't calibrate. I tried all the common fixes and a few others and it wouldn't work.

I contacted Logitech wanting a replacement wheel (as I then realised how much it was still worth) and they refused saying they can't replace it and will only provide a refund (had to send the wheel back but still have the pedals and gear stick). They still sell the wheel but won't provide replacement for them anymore which is bullshit.. At least I got the money back but I much would have preferred the wheel as that's what I paid for.

To get anything that is even rometely similar now and supported by the ps4 is probably what DC said which I looked into but at around $800 for i, I can't justify spending that money (and I'm broke ATM). So know wheel for me anytime soon but I'm looking forward to hearing what others recommend.

I agree, the G27 was superb!

I was sad to see it go : CRY :... But a new Thrustmaster will soon take away that sadness  :).

You had a very good price on that, to get a refund is pretty good as well, most customers had nothing but disappointment, mine was a few years old so I had no proof of purchase for any refund (I didn't even consider asking).

There are actually a few companies selling 3rd party drivers for the Logitech G27 and G25 models that will enable it to be used on PS4, but they're not official, so they can drop support for that at any time, some have also said that key features such as force feedback doesn't work either... So you're not really getting much for around $99 that is charged for it. 

I'd much rather save that money along with the £150 that I had for the G27, then buy the Thrustmaster T500RS for around £320.

Edited by DavidCore89

*NEVERMIND* hahaha

Edited by iriekine

Man who horse around in pantry get ass in jam.

This is a little off topic comment but have you guys ever heard of a company called Fanatec? They have amazing wheels!

Yeeeesss!! You have more control over pretty much evrrything about the car, you can feel the power and speed and everything way better than on a controller.

This is a little off topic comment but have you guys ever heard of a company called Fanatec? They have amazing wheels!

Yeeeesss!! You have more control over pretty much evrrything about the car, you can feel the power and speed and everything way better than on a controller.

Yeah I've heard of them before.

Actually, I was looking at one of their wheels a few days ago.

Do you use one of their wheels?

Today I sold my trusted Logitech G27 as it's not supported on PS4, Logitech have also stopped making and supporting racing wheels.

For a long time this wheel was the benchmark and almost nothing could rival it on PS3, but now I'm looking at Thrustmaster as their wheels seem very good and the high end products have interchangeable parts and upgrades.

So, I'm really looking to buy a new racing wheel set before the upcoming release of F1 2015 and Project CARS and naturally I look at the top of the range  :).

Does anyone have the Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel? http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/t500rs. If you do have it or have used it, what are you opinions of it?

I know it's listed as a PS3 item, that's because it was released around the same time as Gran Turismo 6 on PS3, but it is supported by PS4 (minus the Share button).

There is the alternative of the Thrustmaster T300 RS http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t300rs, it's a little bit cheaper, there are downfalls such as it has no clutch and the pedals aren't as good, but it has all of the PS4 buttons.

If possible I'd like some advice from someone that owns or has used either the T500 or T300.

Thanks!

The T300 RS are excellent. Your in the UK aren't you?  I picked mine up a few weeks ago on special offer for only £190 - bargain. Zavvi and The Hut were both selling them for this price, not sure if they still have any

Edited by markt112
  • Like 1

Keep a check on..    www.hotukdeals.com    I wasn't planning on getting a wheel but for that price I couldn't resist