Deliverance

no_snacks

Sea race created for the Domestic Tour of Los Santo - Wilderness

Deliverance.  http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/RfPyMBp-r0OyPwmDmEwSAA

m8ciYB0.png

Default settings are:

• Race type - Non contact
  • Vehicle - Locked to the Sea-Shark
  • Time of day - Morning
  • Weather - Clear
  • Camera lock - None

Race time is approx 3:20 to 3:45 minutes

Any feedback is welcome & encouraged.

The route & checkpoints along the river can't be changed too much, but the ocean/slalom section can easily be adjusted if needed.

Potential hosts.

The Sea-Shark works really well in 1st person view with a lobby of up to 8, so feel free to lock the view if you wish.

For large lobbies or contact races I would recommend changing the camera to 3rd person only. 

Edited by DavidCore89

It's probably R*, but just double check you have this locked to Sea Sharks in the creator.

This is very well made otherwise and first person is quite enjoyable here. It's an overdone sea race but I think you have just enough twist and flair on it to make this one unique. Great job.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Just going to leave this here...

https://youtu.be/myhnAZFR1po?t=54s

Awesome.  Thanks Squirrel.

Phew...it's only the duelling banjos clip.  Thought it might've been the "squeal like a pig" clip.  :lol:

Such a great movie.   

It's probably R*, but just double check you have this locked to Sea Sharks in the creator.

This is very well made otherwise and first person is quite enjoyable here. It's an overdone sea race but I think you have just enough twist and flair on it to make this one unique. Great job.

Thanks G.  

No, it wasn't Rockstar's fault (this time).  I just forgot to check the settings before I published it. :mellow:

Yeah, that route is very overdone like you say.  I was hoping to be a little more creative with it, but the area required for CP re-spawns is so big that it doesn't allow much freedom in that skinny little river.

While in the creator I was conscious of that, and nearly scrapped the whole race.  Thought I'd add the slalom & jump to make it a bit more interesting.

Also decided to changed the settings to "No Camera Lock"  

With a decent sized lobby like we had in Hatch's PL, the obstruction from all the other "ghost" Sea-Sharks and their water spray made it very hard to see unless you were at the front.

For smaller lobbies & non-contact races, 1st person view seems to work really well.

The OP has been updated to let the hosts know what settings to use for different sized lobbies etc.

After the playlist, I went back & completely changed the slalom & jump sections.  It sort of worked before, but if you were a little off line then it became a bit confusing.

It works a lot better now.  The CP's are more fluid & the jump section has been moved to a better spot. 

Thanks for the feedback.  Glad you enjoyed it.  :)

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 2

This was a great race, Snacks.  Even though it's a route a lot of people use, having it set to FPV gave it a whole new feel.  Most people here know I despise FPV, but with a Seashark, it's not bad at all.  Probably because I'm not enclosed in a vehicle.

Again, great race!  I hope you make more sea races.  The crew needs more.  :)

• Like 1