Noob Needs Help

misgatex

I am relatively new to the community. I have been playing for only 5 months. I am a 100% solo grinder. I don’t do freemode work, or VIP challenges. I steal all my supplies and only produce enough product for 1 delivery vehicle. I work my businesses 100% of the time. I can’t spend more than two hours before someone griefs me, rather it be supplies, cargo, or product. It makes no difference if the lobby has 5 people or 28 people in it. There is never a end to it for me.

I know some veteran players like to prey on low ranks, so I ranked up quick, and now I am over 300 rank. Despite this, I do not observe any difference in the frequency of griefers. I tried another tactic. I informed people in the lobby that I do not wish to engage, and a few people respect that, but for some reason, by politely explaining to players my dislike for PvP, many interpret this as “attack me, I won’t defend myself.” Of course, they are wrong. I do defend myself.

I will welcome any advice rendered, but I am here seeking information. I wish to know from the veterans of this game, are there that many grievers out there? There seems to be a lot of people online wanting to ruin your day, and not just a few people. Or, perhaps I am more susceptible for grieving, since I have cargo, supplies, and product 100% of the time. The tryhards and griefers are constant. Any information would be helpful.

Additionally, could someone please explain to me why we have crews? I have been griefed by two different people from my own crew. What is the point of having them if we kill and grief each other?

Being a solo player makes you a target IMO. If you were with a couple other people some randoms won't go after you cuz it would be a 1vs1 and they are just looking for easy targets. Then there is some randoms that will go after you no matter what though. Add having cargo to deliver makes you even more sweet of a target.

There are alot of crews, not all crews kill and grief each other and many have rules against that, you just haven't the right crew. I'll take a moment to advertise my crew which is found at https://www.domesticbatterygaming.com but there are other crews that are fine crews as well such as Van Society, Santa Murte Gang, Devils Unleashed, etc.. My advise on this is try 1 or all of them out and see which suits you best for your playstyle

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Hi @misgatex welcome to RSCnet.

I don’t think ‘griefers’ are really concerned about rank, they just look for people to annoy. The most simple way to avoid them in public sesssions is to just go session hopping.

If you want to be a little more secure you can maybe go for a ‘solo public lobby’ by various methods depending on what platform you play on (MTU settings etc).

Personally I don’t think that there are as many trolls in GTA public sessions, however when you do come across them they can ruin an evenings gaming.

As for Crews it all depends on which one you join, some are huge and members don’t really give a crap about who’s who, some are aimed at providing lone wolves with safe lobbies.

I got to agree with @Hatch, finding the right crew may do wonders for your gaming on GTA.

Good luck with your grinding. 👍

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Best advice for grinding is to only do it with trusted friends or alone. Geting a solo "public" lobby is pretty easy, I make them for crew members all the time. Once you have the biker businesses and a night club the money will just pour in without you even having to "play". Launch a mission, park character on the couch watching TV and go do whatever you want in real life.

Solos grinding can get tedious. If you need any help or someone to run missions and stuff with just hit me up on PSN. SINISTER120 I don't grief/kill friends or crew members. Well, there are some exceptions but I have been gaming with them for years now.

Thank you for all of the information so far. Well, I do spend my time in solo lobbies now. Honestly, when I join a session, and if there’s more than three people there, I MoveOn. 

The problem is, I am being griefed so much to the point where I don’t want to play with anyone else in the session.   I really do not want to isolate myself. I know this community is full of like-minded people, and even when I help a random sell shipment, the game is a lot more fun even during the dull and boring  sell missions. 

So, does anyone believe that I am more susceptible to grieving because I handle cargo so much?  

35 minutes ago, misgatex said:

So, does anyone believe that I am more susceptible to grieving because I handle cargo so much?  

Cargo would make you stand out in the crowd...

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Yes it does. Conducting business of any kind in a public lobby is almost guaranteed to get you attacked. Being solo further increases that risk. Hard to do anything to counter them when you are in a garbage truck and they are on a rocket bike with robo aim homing rockets on it. 

• Like 1

Taking advantage of the weekly 2 and 3x paying jobs is much more fun than business grinding. I’ve made millions on races alone.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sinister said:

Taking advantage of the weekly 2 and 3x paying jobs is much more fun than business grinding. I’ve made millions on races alone.

This is really good advice @misgatex, it can really breathe new life into the game jumping into to a game mode you may usually ignore and also keep you busy whilst you busines earns too.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Oh yes I have not scratched the surface on what this game has to offer I am starting to check those out I am good at arena wars but the pay s*cks

• Like 1

My guess is that it's almost impossible to avoid these people. I mean, there's a lot of people who will try to constantly to kill you with the dirtiest tactics you will ever see in a videogame only because that's their way to have fun. Some people will understand that you don't want to fight and others won't give a f*ck about what you say. This situation is in 99% of free roam sessions. As some people said, you should find another crew. I don't know which one is your crew, but I guess it's a crew where you know 0.000000001% of its members (IGN, LSB, MP3 or something similar). Finding the proper crew will make you enjoy the game even more. There are lots of crews out there, some are more focused on combat, others are more focused on racing... What you have to do is to find a crew which fits with your style. Here you can check info about good crews.

• Like 1

Look for a grinding crew if you want to make money easy. They normally run entire sessions and do nothing but run businesses. Goes quickly when there is lots of help. I’m looking for a good one myself.

4 hours ago, VALL_es said:

My guess is that it's almost impossible to avoid these people. I mean, there's a lot of people who will try to constantly to kill you with the dirtiest tactics you will ever see in a videogame only because that's their way to have fun. Some people will understand that you don't want to fight and others won't give a f*ck about what you say. This situation is in 99% of free roam sessions. As some people said, you should find another crew. I don't know which one is your crew, but I guess it's a crew where you know 0.000000001% of its members (IGN, LSB, MP3 or something similar). Finding the proper crew will make you enjoy the game even more. There are lots of crews out there, some are more focused on combat, others are more focused on racing... What you have to do is to find a crew which fits with your style. Here you can check info about good crews.

Funny you said that the crew is MP3