Jump to content
JuniorChubb

Casino DLC

Recommended Posts

JuniorChubb

It looks like the Casino in GTA will finally be opening soon...

https://www.gamesradar.com/gta-online-casino/

Really looking forward to this to breathe some new life into the game.

Also prepared for R* to completely c*ck it up too!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mythaga
2 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

It looks like the Casino in GTA will finally be opening soon...

https://www.gamesradar.com/gta-online-casino/

Really looking forward to this to breathe some new life into the game.

Also prepared for R* to completely c*ck it up too!

One things for sure, C* WILL find a way to c*ck it up...

Plus it WILL be hidden behind a huge pay wall as standard these days!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel
10 minutes ago, Mythaga said:

One things for sure, C* WILL find a way to c*ck it up...

Plus it WILL be hidden behind a huge pay wall as standard these days!

The paywall is probably one thing it can’t hide behind. 

The main thing stopping a casino being implemented so far is the ability to buy funds to gamble with using real money. 

That’s a big problem in America due to their strict gambling laws especially online gambling. 

The only way they’ll get away with this is if they introduce a new currency for use in the casino that can’t be bought using external funds. I can’t see them allowing shark card money to be spent in the casino. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mythaga
7 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

The paywall is probably one thing it can’t hide behind. 

The main thing stopping a casino being implemented so far is the ability to buy funds to gamble with using real money. 

That’s a big problem in America due to their strict gambling laws especially online gambling. 

The only way they’ll get away with this is if they introduce a new currency for use in the casino that can’t be bought using external funds. I can’t see them allowing shark card money to be spent in the casino. 

I did wonder that myself. They must have found a way round it?

Like you said, perhaps you win casino 'chips' from doing various things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel
Just now, Mythaga said:

I did wonder that myself. They must have found a way round it?

Like you said, perhaps you win casino 'chips' from doing various things?

RDR has two different currencies. One earned through game play and another you can put real money into. This is the only way to get around it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb

@Squirrel are we more than likely looking at grinding ‘chips’?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CatManDoza

I blame UbiSoft

  • Haha 2

Catman of House Mandoza, first of his name, the unsober, King of the Sandals and the worst men, Wolf in Sheep’s clothing, Breaker of Belts and father of Catman Jr...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pete_95973
18 hours ago, Mythaga said:

One things for sure, C* WILL find a way to c*ck it up...

Plus it WILL be hidden behind a huge pay wall as standard these days!

I enjoy Rockstar’s games quite a bit. I’m looking forward to this. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lann

I am looking forward to this and will start a bit of nightclub grinding again to have money for the stuff and cars.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend
21 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

@Squirrel are we more than likely looking at grinding ‘chips’?

They should just replace the useless job points and give you chips instead.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M.C.Lethal Dose

If and when this happens it will certainly get me back on GTAO again. I wait with anticipation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hatch

It doesn't make sense to me why R* would add this to GTA after putting it in RDR. It's almost like they are trying to push people away from RDR. 

I get that GTA is likely still a bigger money maker than RDR but if they have to put a new currency in that can't be bought with shark cards then there is little to be earned for them with a dlc of type. 

  • Like 1

Be sure to check out @nkaujrog podcast by clicking HERE, or on Spotify (search XDBX Gaming Crew)

For info on how to join Domestic Battery, click HERE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lann

What if the gameplay that gets you currency for the Casino is eased by using expensive things that sharkcard can buy?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister

We all know that R* knows exactly what they are doing when it comes to making money. If this gets implemented than I'm sure they have all the bases covered.

2 hours ago, Hatch said:

It doesn't make sense to me why R* would add this to GTA after putting it in RDR. It's almost like they are trying to push people away from RDR. 

I get that GTA is likely still a bigger money maker than RDR but if they have to put a new currency in that can't be bought with shark cards then there is little to be earned for them with a dlc of type. 

They would add it for the millions of people like me that have zero interest in RDO and still enjoy playing GTAO. 

Odd as it sounds, they want BOTH games making them money. They just dropped the ball with RDO but will slowly straighten it out. They are just making it fit the forms that make them the most money which isn't good for folks that play in crews together.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
3 hours ago, Hatch said:

It doesn't make sense to me why R* would add this to GTA after putting it in RDR. It's almost like they are trying to push people away from RDR. 

I get that GTA is likely still a bigger money maker than RDR but if they have to put a new currency in that can't be bought with shark cards then there is little to be earned for them with a dlc of type. 

If poker is available it will rule out the one reason I had to consider getting RDR for, somdoesnt make much sense from that point of view.

However dropping it first in the game that needs a boost online probably did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend
Posted (edited)

I've read a lot here and on the DB site about how greedy and money hungry R* are.  I would bet everything on most/all of that being on Take 2.  It's almost always the publisher, not the developer.  

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
6 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I've read a lot here and on the DB site about how greedy and money hungry R* are.  I would bet everything on most/all of that being on Take 2.  It's almost always the publisher, not the developer.  

I think this goes without saying, R* create something... T2 say ‘hey that’s great, now tweak it to be more profitable’.

Its just a knee jerk reaction from me to blame R*. When looking at the bigger picture the publisher calls the shots economics wise. Both companies are here to make money though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I think this goes without saying, R* create something... T2 say ‘hey that’s great, now tweak it to be more profitable’.

Its just a knee jerk reaction from me to blame R*.

I always thought, since the huge profits of GTAV, that R* should go fully independent, but since they're a subsidiary company of T2, rather than owned by them, I don't know how hard/possible that would be.  Also, T2 are the ones with the rights to GTA/RDR, so there's also that.  Can you see R* putting all of their efforts in to a totally new IP?

Edited by LimeGreenLegend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
37 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I always thought, since the huge profits of GTAV, that R* should go fully independent, but since they're a subsidiary company of T2, rather than owned by them, I don't know how hard/possible that would be.  Also, T2 are the ones with the rights to GTA/RDR, so there's also that.  Can you see R* putting all of their efforts in to a totally new IP?

I am not to familiar with the facts but was always under the impression they were stuck together.

I would have thought there was no ‘escape’ and the only chance of something would be a new company altogether. A lot easier to suggest than to actually set up, especially considering the costs of a triple A release these days.

Benzies is/was trying this, not sure what has happened with the ‘Everywhere’ project though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister

I LOVE R*. They have provided me with many great games over the last 2 decades.

End of the day they are a business with CEOs and Investors squeezing them for every cent they can get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doubleg213
Posted (edited)

I don't really see what there is to get excited in with the Casino thing.

Pretend poker etc. doesn't really appeal to me, but hopefully it has some decent missions attached and/or has something deeper to it.

On the downside it's another kick in the face to the "Rockstar never listen to the customer" brigade.

"What have R* ever added for us?"

"What about the low riders"

"Well yeah, obviously the low riders, but other than that what have R* ever added for us?"

"Didn't people ask for a biker update"

etc.

I swear if they send everybody who played the game a million in real world cash people would moan and say they've only sent the money out so that people will buy shark cards.

 

They may add a load of stuff that I am not so into, really I just want more Creator updates and new cars (preferably without the weird bouncy handling lark they are messing about with), but they continually add stuff that people bleat on about wanting and then when they do you still have people moaning that they don't listen, despite the evidence staring them in the face. 

 

 

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb

Despite giving us great games they still make stupid decisions when it comes to bringing their games online.

Still looking forward to the DLC, especially on how the currency gambling is handled if it cannot be purchased in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CatManDoza
37 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Any ideas on timelines?

July 2nd

  • Like 1

Catman of House Mandoza, first of his name, the unsober, King of the Sandals and the worst men, Wolf in Sheep’s clothing, Breaker of Belts and father of Catman Jr...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
7 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

July 2nd

Nice... seeing as you are the oracle, when will PSN be back up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...