Do you speed?

JustHatched

Well, do you drive faster than you are suppose to.

Never, sometimes, all the time?

I do most of the time, I have had tickets for going 20-40 mph over the speed limit.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dodge

• Pb76

• Jaggy

• ronin

Top Posters In This Topic

When I'm alone, definitely. When the wife and/or kids are with me, rarely.

When I was 17 I got my license taken away for doing 104 in a 30.

• Like 2

I voted always. I am always in a hurry even if i am in no rush To get somewhere i just prefer to drive faster then legally allowed

• Like 1

I set my cruise to 5-8 over on the highway and that's about it. Even in my last muscle car I rarely ever exceeded the speed limit. I'd accelerate hard and brake traction in open areas if no one was around but that's about it. I can't say I never speed, but I'm as close as you can get to saying never. I'm voting sometimes, but that a very light sometimes.

Oh and you all are a bunch of hooligans.

Edited by Mr. Jag
  • Like 1

I'm always over the speed limit but I rarely go 10kph more than the limit.

100kph when it's 90, 140 for 130, 60 for 50...

I tend to respect it when I'm in an urban area though.

• Like 3

:lol:

Yes.  Pretty much all the time.  Unless the babies are in the car with me.  It's terrible.  I've only gotten one speeding ticket ever and that was for going 7 mph over when I lived in Madison.  I have gotten out of many other speeding tickets by Wisconsin state troopers.  I was going 20mph over once and he pulled me over, gave me a warning and told me to slow down.  I don't do 100mph or anything like that.  I'm just a rebel and do about 8-10mph over the speed limit on highways.  I do respect the speed limit on surface streets and only end up going a few over those speed limits, but not enough to get pulled over and ticketed.

• Like 1

Not anymore I don't, but in the past I've been caught for over 10 different driving offences including speeding, I was also disqualified before I had even passed my test. I've been in car accidents and I've been a roadside eyewitness to a fatal car accident caused by speeding and dangerous driving.

I believe the speed limit is there for a very good reason... Isn't 30 MPH in built up areas enough? Do you wanna get mowed at 40 or 50 MPH? I don't... Choosing to ignore speed limit is quite selfish IMO and I hope those speed cameras get you all  :P.

Nobody ever has a good enough excuse when they get caught by the police and "I was in a hurry" or "It was only me in the car, officer" probably won't be an acceptable reason for knocking down a child.

So, I won't vote for 'Never' as I've done it many years ago, but I won't be doing it again any time soon... I've learned my lesson the hard way.

• Like 2

I will agree with the no speeding I residential areas. I don't do it on side streets. Or in school zones. But, if the road has 4 lanes or more, I'm hauling ass.

• Like 3

Dodgeservice.png

I hope those speed cameras get you all  :P.

Those are a pain in the ass, but I have never had one get me (they not in my area), though I have had a ticket from one.

I got the ticket in the mail, and it was a Chicago ticket (I am about 110 miles south of Chicago). I wasn't in Chicago that day, hadn't been for a few years, I was however out of town for a few days. I did give my wife (now ex wife) a good questioning though and she wasn't in Chicago either. After about a year fighting the ticket the State of Illinois admitted they made an error.

And for my speeding, not normally in town, I live in rural nowhere but you do have to be careful about speeding up behind a tractor.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

:lol:

Yes.  Pretty much all the time.  Unless the babies are in the car with me.  It's terrible.  I've only gotten one speeding ticket ever and that was for going 7 mph over when I lived in Madison.  I have gotten out of many other speeding tickets by Wisconsin state troopers.  I was going 20mph over once and he pulled me over, gave me a warning and told me to slow down.  I don't do 100mph or anything like that.  I'm just a rebel and do about 8-10mph over the speed limit on highways.  I do respect the speed limit on surface streets and only end up going a few over those speed limits, but not enough to get pulled over and ticketed.

You managed to have basically the same answer as me, but worded as a hooligan. :lol:

Almost always. 5-15 mph over the speed limit on the interstate in the car, less so in the pickup.

On the motorcycle rarely faster than 85 mph and that's on interstates or open highways. In town I ride just faster than the flow of traffic. To me it's safer to be passing than having faster vehicles pass me. I look through their windows and try to determine how engaged they are and if they are on their phone. I'm constantly scanning for escape routes. If it's not dense traffic, 40-45 mph seems about right.

I get my thrills riding in the dirt. Either the Husky on trails & dirt roads or the BMW on dirt roads that's where it's fun for me. And that's not always about speed, sometimes it's just getting to the finish.

IMG_3083.jpg

• Like 3

Most of the times when I'm driving alone.

If someone else is with me I'm mostly talking to the person and am distracted a bit so I don't drive fast.

There aren't many areas with speed limits as well in my city so there's no problem if I go fast.

10mph over the limit consistently but not a drop more. Just enough to keep the police from pulling me over.

Early in my driving career I had my license suspended for having too many speeding tickets in my souped up '74 Oldsmobile Cutlass. Experiencing what that did to my insurance premiums kept my foot a bit lighter on the skinny pedal.

Locally they have also made it a felony to be driving 20mph over the limit. I found that out "experimenting" with a '91 Mitsubishi VR4 I had to see what it could do on a sunday morning commute to my firehouse shift. When I was pulled over (actually I just pulled over as soon as I saw him) doing 138 in a 55, the trooper let me know of the updated law. Fortunately my position left me with a warning, but since then I have pretty much stuck to trucks and off road for my kicks.

E

Edited by ErnYoung

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

5-10 MPH over the speed limit is the standard for me.

Residential areas I won't go over the limit for obvious reasons. It's weird here, various residential areas or backwoods areas don't have many posted limits. The established speed limit in those locations is 30 MPH. More law enforcement spends time there issuing tickets than anywhere else.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

My uncle taught me to drive and said to me as his first piece of advice: "there's no point in driving ridiculous fast to try and get somewhere quicker. Saving five minutes isn't worth dying over."

He also taught me that when you drive aggressively, you drive stressed and when you drive stressed, you drive angry. Everyone on the road suddenly becomes an asshole when really you're the asshole.

So because of all this I drive like an old man. I rarely drive over 70mph on highways (rarely do more than 10mph over the limit) and never ever engage in aggressive behavior while driving. I've never had a ticket or an accident and I've been driving for over 10 years (got my license at 16) and I drive a lot. I currently commute about 100 miles 4-5 times a week for the last 4 years and driven on long road trips many times.

So I'm gonna keep driving like an old man till I'm an old man, man lol

Edited by JALJ
  • Like 3

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

When I first got my license I was pretty stupid and reckless as most young boys are. In Australia we have power to weight ratios for what vehicles you can drive to try and limit the amount of stupidity you can do while still learning. A v6 and even four cylinders are stupidly quick now so while it does help, you can still get yourself into a lot of trouble.

Most of the time now I will stick to the 0-10km above bracket so that if I get caughtthe penalty isn't too severe. Unlike when I was younger, now It depends where I am. As people have said, speeding in residential areas is different to highways and open roads.

The biggest thing now that controls how I drive, and this was learnt when I learnt to ride my motorbike, is to make sure you have adequate vision. If I can't see 3-5 seconds ahead, I'm going to fast. I won't have the time to react and stop if needed. Similar in residential streets, if they are open and there isn't many parked cars or obstructions I will go over a little.

There is also no point tail gating someone as you are bound to cause an accident.. Your not going to make them go any faster and it's harder for you to overtake when you can..

Most of the time we are in bumper to bumper traffic and can only move slowly so it feels good to open it up a little when you can. This is only by myself though, when in with my GF I take it easy.

Another thing that I find, is when driving to the speed limit I tend to lose concentration and pay far less attention to the road. There isn't much to process about what's happening and your listening to the radio. Especially on your daily drive to work.

The problem with speed limits and many other laws is that we cater to the minority. I'm not sure what speeds you have every where else (seem to be consistant to here) but we have been talking for a while now about changing the city speed limit from 50km (30mph) down to 30km (18mph). That's if you can even reach those speeds with all the traffic.. Why should we change it because some idiot decides they want to play chicken with an on coming car?

The other thing is a lot of these speed limits were set for much older, inferior cars. A lot of people still have them but it will be interesting to see if the speed limit ever goes up again once all these better cars are more common.

Edited by ScottyB88
  • Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I usually speed if someone cuts me off 'cause then it just ticks me off. I always try to stay within the limit but there's ALWAYS that one person, no matter if the lane they are in is empty or the person who LITERALLY waits until you get close and they decide to turn in front of you anyway. Mind you, I drive a Dodge truck. : FIRE :

Just a car enthusiast; Because racecar

:D"Stay true to yourself. Few will accept you. Everyone else can kick rocks!" :D

: NORMAL : 'A GIFT and a CURSE' : FIRE :