Shotgun Bingo

ErnYoung

Shotgun Bingo

TDM

2 Teams

2-16 Players

Forced = Sawed-Off Shotgun 

Pickups = Sawed-Off Shotgun, Health & Armor

RSC Link = http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/Greyskall/games/gtav/jobs/job/I0OVwAw3N0-zJLzf_8L_IQ?platformId=11

2_1.jpg

This is created in response to Lann3's request for created content for the month's theme

Grapeseed! Up close and personal

on the Crew Creation Land Racing thread here: http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/5597-crew-creation-land-racing/

Please provide any good, bad or ugly feedback.

Play well,

Ernie

Edited by ErnYoung

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting and quite unique map, well made, close quarters fun and the shotgun works well.

Played with 16 players, maybe a bit of spawn killing but not too much, maybe lower the player count to 12?

5 mins was ideal due to it being very fast paced.

Keep it up, Ern!

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Interesting and quite unique map, well made, close quarters fun and the shotgun works well.

Played with 16 players, maybe a bit of spawn killing but not too much, maybe lower the player count to 12?

Keep it up, Ern!

+1, but I didn't experience any spawn kills

+1, but I didn't experience any spawn kills

Depends on your map position, central is safe, I was roaming around the sides and I got spawn killed about 3 times.

That said, it would still work with 16 players, but I offered the 12 player alternative in case anyone else felt the same way as I did.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

It worked very well. 

It limited how much the more experienced players could run and roll around like they usually do. Was a very close match even with DC and Dani on the same side. 

I love the final kill in Dani's video. Think I need to use that in more clips :D

• Like 1

Keep it up, Ern!

Thank you DC.

Because of the small footprint, it was difficult to place the spawn locations in places that had cover or in places that would not bring the fighting outside of the "bingo" squares. I will try modify the placement. If that does not work I will consider limiting the player max to 12 as you suggest. My goal is to keep the TDM playable for PLs so limiting the max to 12 max would be a last resort.

I always considered spawn killing to be the killing of players as they spawned but did not consider the flip side of players spawning in locations that would provide an instant kill of a player who otherwise would consider the area cleared. I will definitely factor that into my future creations.

E

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

Thank you DC.

Because of the small footprint, it was difficult to place the spawn locations in places that had cover or in places that would not bring the fighting outside of the "bingo" squares. I will try modify the placement. If that does not work I will consider limiting the player max to 12 as you suggest. My goal is to keep the TDM playable for PLs so limiting the max to 12 max would be a last resort.

I always considered spawn killing to be the killing of players as they spawned but did not consider the flip side of players spawning in locations that would provide an instant kill of a player who otherwise would consider the area cleared. I will definitely factor that into my future creations.

E

We do host 12 players PL's, but it's not as often as 16+. That said, there are quite a lot of really good maps in the DM forums that are 8, 10 or 12 players... I guess they can be overlooked from time to time due to the number of members in the crew.

I think it still works as 16 players, I was partly at fault for getting spawn killed due to leaving my teammates and roaming.

• 2 months later...

Not sure why I haven't left feedback on this map before.  I played it during the original playlist for the Domestic Tour event.

Anyway, great map for a smaller sized lobby.  I set the timer down to five minutes.  Played well.  No spawn issues.  I'll definitely keep this in my bookmarks for the nights with low RSVP's.