Will you be day 1 buyer if the rumors are correct?

JustHatched

Let's assume the rumors of a PS5 launch of 2020 with GTA6 being launched at the same time with 1 month PS5 exclusive, would you be a day 1 buyer? I'm sure the price tag will be high

If the PS5 launches without GTA6 I would not be a day 1 of the console. If it does launch with GTA6 then I will likely be a day 1 buyer.

Rumor chat around is hopeful GTA6 will be on PS4 as well, I doubt it will be.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

It's been a few years since I was a Day One Buyer... Nintendo Wii U was my last day one purchase.

I theory though, yup, I'd go for it. A GTA6 exclusive wouldn't effect my decision though, it would just be a natural progression from 4 to 5.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

I was a day one buyer for PS4. I’ll probably be the same for PS5. 

GTA being a launch title or not has no bearing on if I’ll be buying the new machine or not. 

• Like 1

It's typically always been a game release that has lured me into getting a new console. Predominantly Gran Turismo.

If the PS5 or whatever it's going to be called was released with GTA6 as a launch game I'd likely jump straight in, otherwise it will be a case of wait and see until they add a game I really want. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 12:43 PM, VALL_es said:

I bought my PS4 in 2017, I don't think I will spend my money in 2020 again in a PlayStation 😂

Same here. 

I upgraded to my first PS4 because of gta5. I would only get the ps5 if it were compatible with GT Sport, as well as gta6.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, al_ka_seltzer said:

I upgraded to my first PS4 because of gta5. I would only get the ps5 if it were compatible with GT Sport, as well as gta6.

There is a lot of ‘backwards compatibility’ talk around PS5....

There is always bloody is but it never bloody happens. 😞 

• 1 month later...

I never really like to buy Hardware on day one because there might be hardware issues, & sure where most of you guys live you can just bring it back to the store but it's not like that for me. Purchased Destiny at launch almost a year before even buying a cuh1200 version PS4, bundled with Batman, so I most likely will do it like this again . That console had a better heatsink than the original & a more efficient powersupply in 2015, replaed it with a more power efficient slim PS4 model in 2017.

Hopefully Trump's 25% tax on electronics don't come into play along with a 25% tax on items that cost usd$500 & up with a few other fee's, my pockets would have a seizure.😢

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 9:20 PM, Smurf said:

I never really like to buy Hardware on day one because there might be hardware issues

Pretty sound advice really, never had issues myself but there are often issues in the first wave of consoles that get addressed after release.

15 hours ago, Sinister said:

I already have the funds set aside for one. Just waiting on an announcement and pre order details.

I wish I could be that organised...

My first PS2 and PS3 both broke shortly after the warranty expired. Both experienced disc drive failures. The consoles that replaced them provided many years of service and were sold still working. 

My multiple (damn I bought a lot of these things) PS4 purchases did not have the same results. I’m hoping the 5 goes the same way. 

Although both Pro consoles that I had would give me a blank screen on occasion while playing a game. Research showed the problem was fixed when the updated the consoles to the current run. It was a lie so I dumped it and just use a regular console now. 

• 7 months later...

Will buy my PS5 when GTA 6 is released. It's the only game that will make me buy a new system at the moment. 

I can wait for the rest of them but GTA6 will be Day One buy. 

• Like 1