Destruction Derby Arena

Squirrel

Even though this has been created as a capture it's been designed for use as a fun event.

G37's destruction derby events on the PS3 inspired me to create an arena for use on the PS4. This is going to be a team event. 4 teams of up to 6 people on each team.

It's using the open space down at the docks. A ring of containers makes up the circuit boundaries. Everyone spawns next to a stock Futo. Each teams cars are colour coded for easy identification when ramming other drivers. 

Usual demolition derby rules apply. When the last man is left standing then they can collect the money bag from the safe zone in the centre of the arena and they can then take it to the base to complete the mission.

If you are killed during the event then you respawn to a maverick above the arena. This should give you a good view of the carnage below. If your car is on fire please make use of the handy firetrucks which are dotted around the arena. These are locked in place but the water cannons can still be used to keep burning wrecks from exploding. 

When hosting set the end conditions to "All Points" This should neutralise the timer.

Have fun, as always any feedback would be very helpful!

http://rsg.ms/8fa300c

• Like 3

Interesting concept with 4 teams. Let's see how that plays out.

It's a pretty big area, so would probably need a big enough lobby too.

Really clever way of making it as long as necessary and actually having the correct "winner".

It's always tricky to decide how long to run a DD as a regular DM, as you never know how long will they take.

It's usually just for shits and giggles, but still, it's nice to get some sort of an ending.

I also like how you've enabled spectating from a chopper. Hopefully none crash together and land in the arena. :lol:

Host just needs to make sure the rules are followed and it should work well.

• Like 1

The team aspect of it can be optional, if everyone wants to ram into each other they could do but could be interesting seeing how people work together. 

A lot of self discipline would be needed by everyone playing to keep it fun, especially in the choppers, I don't think this would ever work on a public server. I've used the firetrucks as another form of keeping people involved once their car has been destroyed. I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

I think it works nicely, had a very successful test with 7 players earlier, plenty of room for the full 24

We were all on party chat and decided to extend the car DD into a helicopter deathmatch. Really added a twist to the action. 

Edited by Squirrel__Army
  • Like 3

I really had fun on this, I admit I was sceptical when I read about it due the team aspect but I think it worked quite well if you can get over the chat issue (party chat can hold 8 and worked well for our purpose) the cars being team colour coded is also handy if you wanted a team DD.

The idea of last man driving captures the bag to end is a nice touch too as are the immobile fire engines to try and extinguish and vehicular fires.

My favourite touch though was the respawn into choppers upon death to watch the remaining carnage from the skies and maybe get a little air DD going on :)

I am truly up for giving this a bash with more players

Good stuff in my opinion squirrel.

• Like 1

yFn5uY6.png

I had a very similar idea, I was thinking of a LTS so that when you die your out. That idea stopped when I realised that you can't be single player.. Teams of 4 could work but obviously it would be better as every man for themselves.. Oh well :)

scottyb1988.jpg

I LOVED it !!! Really good job m8. The color coded cars were perfect. Would the same be possible with the choppers? Honestly dunno if possible ...

The idea to respawn in a helicopter for viewing and 'other' purposes was downright briliant :)

Never looked at captures this way and it sure opens up a lot of potential for more content !

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Latest event. They just get better and better! You guys are awesome. There was a point where I was chasing Ninja for ages trying to put him out, I had to change car twice until I eventually got him.

Edited by Squirrel__Army
  • Like 1

Those DD events were a ton of fun last night.  My favorite moment was in the last one we played; when that random who kept getting new cars was hauled out of his car and got iced :P

This is an exceptional way to capture almost entirely the essence of a free roam event. We've tried a number of different modes, each with some kind of restriction. In death matches, singular, you can at least hear everyone. That's the downside here, you're only limited to your team (much like a TDM). However the construction of this is so well done that's mostly forgotten. It's also easy to end when you get everyone to agree and know what's going on. The fire trucks are also a great touch so are the break away barriers. As a capture game mode, I think this is probably as good as it gets in the "demo derby" mindset.

Great job here.

Edited by G37
  • Like 3

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines