New ps4 problems

ScottyB

Ok, so I just went out and got a pretty good Boxing Day sale on the ps4 with 5 games. Come home, very eager to play and the stupid thing won't work.. So pissed!

So what happens is I connect it all up, and I turn it on and the tv says there is no input. The blue light changes to white so is on. I have changed hdmi ports on the to, changed cables and also changed monitors. The tv is fairly new, only bought it 8months ago but it is probably a year or 2 old..

What has happened 2 times now was that the PlayStation logo would show, and then it would lose connection to the tv.

I have looked up everything and nothing has fixed it.. Check if it had a bent hdmi tab and tried to start it in safe mode etc.. I will have to wait until tomorrow and take it back as I have no idea what to do.

Which brings me to you guys, has anyone experienced this and do you have any suggestions as to what it could be or is it just an unlucky hardware failure?

Thanks

scottyb1988.jpg

I'm no expert but if you can rule out any cables, TV, port issues and the like it seems like it is the PS4.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Sound's like unlucky hardware problems buddy :(

If possible I would terminate the buy and buy another one, if you gonna wait for a repair it can take ages...

As long as it don't work and it's impossible to prove it's not a user issue. I'm just afraid the shop will be a pain in the arse and force a repair...

Yeah pretty much went through all that.. So pissed! Have to wait long enough to load everything on and then it doesn't work.. It even says in the QuickStart book that it may have problems connecting but doing what they said didn't resolve it.. Oh well maybe tomorrow

scottyb1988.jpg

Yeah I tried it on the computer monitor and it didn't work either.. The store guy did say if there are any problems to bring it back.. So annoyed there is though haha. I'm not sure if it is different but in Australia we have laws to protect against all this crap and the store must refund if it is dead on arrival.. Some may try to push you through the manufacturer but by law whoever sold the goods is liable. It should be a simple exchange so here's hoping the next one is better

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Do you have another TV you can try it on?

you tried what he said?

cause if i move my ps3 to my 1080i tv , i always forget to change the output from 1080p to 720p

It's the same in Norway.

I'm renting out a apartment in the basement of my house and Their on my wifi since there is no broadband network connected to the apartment.

I switched the wireless router 3 times before I was happy with it.

No question asked and no problems :)

you tried what he said?

cause if i move my ps3 to my 1080i tv , i always forget to change the output from 1080p to 720p

I had a quick look on the tv and couldn't find any resolution settings.. Both the tv and computer monitor are 1080p and I'm guessing should be automatic to choose what should be displayed, and either way the ps4 should be 1080p.

Do you think there is a setting on the tv that I might need to make sure or change to 1080p?

What got me was the the PlayStation logo briefly appeared on 2 occasions and then it got disconnected from the tv

scottyb1988.jpg

I had a quick look on the tv and couldn't find any resolution settings.. Both the tv and computer monitor are 1080p and I'm guessing should be automatic to choose what should be displayed, and either way the ps4 should be 1080p.

Do you think there is a setting on the tv that I might need to make sure or change to 1080p?

What got me was the the PlayStation logo briefly appeared on 2 occasions and then it got disconnected from the tv

no u should be good then , since both you screens are 1080p and the ps4 cant go any higher then 1080p

• Like 1

Yeah apparently there have been many problems with ps4 ones not working with TVs.. I don't see why it shouldn't work with everything that has a hard I connection. Maybe it's a semi isolated incident

scottyb1988.jpg

Yeah thanks everyone for the help.. Just thought I may have missed something. Never had a dead on arrival so it's a bit of a shock. It's kind of working which is why I thought it could be something in my end but I have tried everything which leaves me to believe it's something with the ps4

scottyb1988.jpg

Looks like a compatibility problem.

It's weird though cause your TV is fairly new and you said you tried changing HDMI ports.

Have you tried selecting a different source input in your TV settings (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AV...)

Otherwise maybe it's the PS4 that is broken. I'm sure you can return it to the store and change it for another one. It's under warranty and should be easy to replace. :)

Have you tried another HDMI cable ?

Google or Youtube didn't help?

Edited by Fido_Noël

Yeah I used 2 different cables on the same tv and through different ports and a different cable on the computer monitor.the ps3 is now running through the same setup with no problem if that means anything.

I have read about the compatibility problems which could be a problem although there shouldn't be but who knows..

What's weird is they say in the QuickStart manual that it might not display correctly the first time and they tell you how to get around it.. Bit silly that they are having problems with it upon start up..

Edited by ScottyB88

scottyb1988.jpg

Scotty,

do you use an HDMI router or is the PS4 directly connected to the TV? I have experienced the same sympthoms as you before and it turned out it was the dodgy HDMI router (got 4 pieces of hardware to connect to the TV, but ony have three slots, hence the use of a router).

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Try this 

Sounds as though you need to reset the visual settings to default.

When a PS3/4 is connected via HDMI, it will automatically detect the resolution, sometimes it can go wrong.

• Like 1

What happens for me is I will either get nothing, and on 2 random occasions (once turning it on by the remote and not sure of the other) the ps symbol flashed up and then it went black and the tv said I had no connection.

When I tried to enter the safe mode as the video says i just get the message from the tv with no connected devices..

scottyb1988.jpg

So if any one is interested, I ended up taking it back and they exchanged it. As soon as I plugged the new one in it worked fine..

I asked if this is a common thing and he said not really, but lately they have been getting a few back, maybe one in 25! Which is a fair bit.. Oh well at least it's sorted now :)

• Like 4

scottyb1988.jpg