Head 2 Head Playlist vs XDBX

JuniorChubb

Hatch has asked us if we want to run a Head 2 Head playlist against Domestic Battery on May 1st for our regular Wednesday event...

Hatch has agreed we will not use any combat based jobs for this night, but would like some air and sea races to go in with the racing jobs too.

I was thinking maybe Sumo and that Car Darts R* job might be fun too if numbers allow, maybe some other similar jobs too.

All players will need to have VANS crew tags active on the night, this will be arranged for any Wednesday night regulars who are not currently members.

@doubleg213 @CatManDoza @Trashbags @Mark Verstappen @SkyeDave @Bkmoto28 @Aslad @Realjaysee @Road2FURY @Paulie @Hurst

Just wanted to check who might be up for this so we can gauge numbers in advance.

@Hatch feel free to jump in here to let us know what you had in mind job wise...

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

6 minutes ago, Mark Verstappen said:

This is with contact racing I hope?

I don't see why not, we will have a group of mixed ability but neither crew will bring anyone who will be deliberately ramming or PITing.

Not sure about air races though, I guess if we use contact on the floor then we will in the air too.

Ok. as long as ground is with contact I'm fine with anything vehicle related as long as we keep the helicopters to a minimum. You know how I feel about those. 😅 Sounds fun! 👍

19 minutes ago, Mark Verstappen said:

Ok. as long as ground is with contact I'm fine with anything vehicle related as long as we keep the helicopters to a minimum. You know how I feel about those. 😅 Sounds fun! 👍

Cool, lets see who else wants to get involved.

I'm good with running contact. 

If we play 8 vs 8 it would rule out Sumo and Car Dart. Unless I am mistaken the largest Sumo is 4 vs 4 and Overtime Shootout/Rumble is 5 vs 5.

How bout we choose 3 land/stunt races and 1 air/sea race per crew (created or R*) which would make it 8 jobs.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

8 minutes ago, Hatch said:

How bout we choose 3 land/stunt races and 1 air/sea race per crew (created or R*) which would make it 8 jobs.

Sounds good to me job wise.

Also 8v8 could work, however if we had a mismatch on numbers could we just run a normal playlist? I wouldn't want any Wednesday regulars to miss out if we had 10 who want to sign up for example.

For those who I have tagged but have not replied, would you be happy just running 8v8 on a first come first served basis?

Edited by JuniorChubb

1 minute ago, JuniorChubb said:

Sounds good to me job wise.

Also 8v8 could work, however if we had a mismatch on numbers could we just run a normal playlist? I wouldn't want any Wednesday regulars to miss out if we had 10 who want to sign up for example.

For those who I have tagged but have not replied, would you be happy just running 8v8 on a first come first served basis?

I don't mind a mismatch and doing it as a normal playlist. 

Only issue is if we are looking for an official winner crew wise is how to manage the points if there is say 12 VANS and 5 XDBX players. Perhaps in that situation removed the 7 lowest VANS points for example.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

2 minutes ago, Hatch said:

I don't mind a mismatch and doing it as a normal playlist. 

Only issue is if we are looking for an official winner crew wise is how to manage the points if there is say 12 VANS and 5 XDBX players. Perhaps in that situation removed the 7 lowest VANS points for example.

I knew you would be looking for an 'Official Winner'  😉 

What you suggest sounds perfect 👍

So we can just use 30 player jobs and open things up so for example we can have max 16 players each per crew? We have been getting about 10 players recently on Wednesdays, hopefully we will get a good turn out for this.

2 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I knew you would be looking for an 'Official Winner'  😉 

lol, yeah. You know we keep a tally of wins/losses....

• Like 1

Only real issue is the start time. I think your Wednesday events start 1 hour before our Wednesday events. Can we split the middle, start on the half hour between?

1 minute ago, Hatch said:

lol, yeah. You know we keep a tally of wins/losses....

I know you whooped us in Clash of the Crews (and always do) but can you remember Banger Racing Night? Did that go on the Official Record, I think we won that one.

5 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I know you whooped us in Clash of the Crews (and always do) but can you remember Banger Racing Night? Did that go on the Official Record, I think we won that one.

DO you remember the rough date? Everything is in chronological order but just says the crew and win or loss, doesn't say what we did.

Just now, Hatch said:

DO you remember the rough date? Everything is in chronological order but just says the crew and win or loss, doesn't say what we did.

I’ll take a look...

18 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

lol. it's not officailly recorded cuz Squirrel didn't set it up as a crew battle which is why I couldn't find a thread specific to the event (in a hidden forum for crew battles).

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Hatch said:

lol. it's not officailly recorded cuz Squirrel didn't set it up as a crew battle which is why I couldn't find a thread specific to the event (in a hidden forum for crew battles).

😅 Lols... Squirrel fiddling the results.

• Haha 1

SO we are good for the 1st at 8:30PM UTC?

49 minutes ago, Hatch said:

SO we are good for the 1st at 8:30PM UTC?

Would be nice to let a few more players popped in before we confirmed...

But yeah, let’s go for it 👍

Edited by JuniorChubb

Sorry just got back from the cold def up for this time and date no prob for me looking forward to it 

• Like 1

now that I'm home my availability is at the mercy of my parents, but hopefully i can make it 🙂

• Like 1

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

39 minutes ago, Aslad said:

now that I'm home my availability is at the mercy of my parents, but hopefully i can make it 🙂

Cool, a sign up list will go up as usual 👍

An appearance from our Aviation Collector could be handy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Cool, a sign up list will go up as usual 👍

An appearance from our Aviation Collector could be handy.

h e l i c o p t e r s 😍

• Haha 1

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

6 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

is 8.30 UTC now 9.30 BST???

if so.....

bbc two dragon GIF by BBC

Nope, we’ll be running at 8:30 UK time, in between our usual strat and XDBX usual start times. We should finish at 10pm as usual.

Me and Hatch had a chat on PM to confirm the time.

Edited by JuniorChubb